SUMMIT OF THE LIGHTENERS - AN INVITE

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIG4.oYTkhsUQ5eTy9Lw7KN8i?pid=ImgGn

HerticalSerif-Demo

[!] A missive is distributed throughout Aevos by eager Rah’mun couriers. Copies of the missive are appended to city walls, left in streets, given to libraries and tavernkeeps. Each missive is marked with a golden curved Eye of Ra’tuhmet which has two miniature Ankh crosses on each curve, and a larger sized one directly below its pupil. 

Leh-iy denizens of Aevos. Revelations have come forth in recent days about the vast Isfetian conspiracy that has infiltrated almost every nation in Aevos. I shared this foreboding news with the world to inspire pure-hearted descendants to take action to destroy these forces. Another missive has confirmed my findings and has inspired this current writing. An unknown author has warned all of us about the conflict between the “Lightener” and the “Darkeners” of Aevos. The lighteners are the pure-hearted who wish to defend Creation from its enemies. The “Darkeners” are the wicked, who have horrific intentions for the world, practice the dark art, and bear tainted souls. 

In an effort to defeat the “darkeners” and their hold over the kingdoms of the world, I am holding a “Summit of the Lighteners” in Rah’tuma. All lighteners, and those who are willing to help break the hold of Isfet over descendants, are invited to gather and strategize with me and others who shall help lead this effort. Nation leaders are invited as well.

ALL lighteners who attend this summit - except the invited leaders - will be subject to two levels of darkspawn testing, and one optional method if deemed necessary by the summit hosts: one, traditional salt and aurum tests. Two, drinking the purging pure waters from Hesthor’s temple of purity. Three, if necessary, a short visit to the spiritual realm to view the true nature of the Khnem (soul), which renders all disguises and deceptive magicks useless. Any attendee who refuses the third test will be ejected from Rah’tuma. Anyone who fails any stage of the test will be subject to banishment, execution, or any other punishment deemed just by Rah’mun authorities. 

Specific invites to nation leaders are given to the following:

“The Scholar, the writer of the ‘Lighteners and Darkeners’ posters. @xo31

Richard of Stassion @Optimus420

High Keeper Ellenore of Norland @Elennanore

Oijin of Sakuragakure @Reckless Banzai Screamer

Pamphilos of Sulianpoli @DeepDarkSamurai

Ember of Helious @TeawithFrisket

Leader of Vikela @JTMedea

Leader of Vortice @Bethinwonderland   

Any other leader who has shown themselves to be an enemy to the Darkeners is also invited.

RULES:

All attendees are subject to Rah’mun law. Respect for fellow attendees, the invited leaders, and the Pharaoh are all mandatory and necessary for a good summit. As such, those expectations will be enforced. Foreign leaders will be allowed to bring their own guard forces to assist in security for the summit.

All darkspawn and indiviudals with soul taint may not enter Rah'tuma. Vampires, blood magicians, and other such individuals may also not enter. Templars, druids, and Paladins are the only aengudaemonica influenced persons who may enter with special authorization from the Vizier and Pharaoh to be sought at the gates of Rah'tuma. NO foreign magick may be practiced in Rah'tuma during or before the summit. This is a pure city - and it will stay that way.

Topics to be discussed at the summit include:

A strategic plan to thwart Isfetian (darkspawn) influence in the nations.

The possible formation of an organized alliance to organize the Lightener’s actions.

Plans to identify and counter specific darkspawn agents followed by a discussion of known ones.

The findings of “The Scholar,” who penned the call to the Lighteners, and a chance to ask him questions.

And other topics of importance to the attendees.

The summit will take place in one Elven day when Ra’s smile brightens the sky. (February 17th, 3 PM EST). The denizens of Rah’tuma look forward to meeting you and working with all pure-hearts to cleanse the stain of darkness from our world.

Sincerely,

Pharaoh Atemu-Ta

OOC: Event takes place on Saturday February 17th at 3 PM EST in Rah'tuma which is located right outside of Nor'asath. Anyone interested in RP relating to the missive put out by @xo31 is encouraged to participate.  Looking forward to having a great time!

If you enjoy events like this and want more, be sure to join the Rah'tuma discord:

https://discord.gg/TksJ5rGU32

Rakhnar prepared the purity salts and ensured the aurum blades were honed upon the grindstone. "Ra bless us all, his works bring forth the light." He muttered as his reflection bounced from the blade in hand.

Haus thinks for a moment, as to why the city name seems so familiar to him. He dusts through his collection, and finds a seawater stained paper

"Of Course - takes one to know one, after all." He remarks. He returns to his brewing and alchemy - Tears and Horrors haven't been closing themselves, after all.

Spoiler

Thelia takes note of the missive, eyeing it with a rather strong expression of concern. "Eh?! Why are they trying to get rid of the dark elves?!" she says in disbelief.

Sofiele contemplates whether she should go or not.

”Mmmm- I shall see what I can do.”

meanwhile Ember was busy and will meet with Atemu earlier.

Deep in the libraries of the Ak’vei, the devil Sermi worked tirelessly. Knowledge was a gift, and books were just as wonderful food as a full meal. Tireless hours burning candlelight led to something she had never expected. For one of the books, the Ars Belica, returned a word so familiar yet so unknown.

Xionism.

Her eyes were gripped by each word as she read, and realized the horror of what was coming to plan. It took only a moment for her to fetch her quill, ink, and parchment. In the early hours, the following letter was sent to the Pharaoh and those invited by name or title to come.

“Pharaoh Atemu-Ta and those of the Lightener Summit,

I know a man who has referred to himself as the ‘Scholar’ before. He had revealed himself at a peace summit in Valdev, for his actual name would have gotten him executed. You may know him as Arthur Burke. I would advise caution on accepting any information from this man.

He will doubt my pedigree, but what I speak are facts. I have listed them below.

-          During his time in Haense, he was whipped fourty-two times due to his constant harassment of woman in the court. Lord Marshal Leonid will be able to provide a report on this. He was burnt on the pyre, later, for abandoning his post as a member of the Brotherhood of Saint Karl. 

-          He was previously executed in Haense for the crime of his anathema magic and beliefs. This was long before even the whipping.

-          He is wanted in Celia’nor with a bounty of one-hundred and fifty mina. Copies of this missive are freely available but I have transcribed the crimes below. They are, in order listed on the poster:

Theft of corpses for alchemical usage, murder of civilians in Celia’nor & Hohkmat. Ties to the infernal court of Hallowcliff. Aided in the creation and feeding of Vampyrs. Threatened Krugmar diplomats in Celia’nor. Consorted with necromancers. ‘A known walking obelisk of voidal magics, threatening to destroy Celia’nor in a void explosion’, lured a member of the Church away for murder.

Further, he has previously mentioned to me that he is what is referred to as a ‘xionist’. He associates with this group freely, and has for many years. He had even attempted to pull me into such an awful scheme. For those unaware, the xionists believe in the ‘Old Dark’. That we ought to /kill/ every God, Godan included, that we might unbind ourselves and return to nothingness.

If you wish, a copy of their manifesto is available at the Ak’vei library. 

Be advised that he is a very powerful void magi, who has delved into the forbidden art known as ‘void-stalking’. His very presence is harmful to the sanity of those around him, and the purity of ones soul.

There is no grand conspiracy. Darkspawn are a threat we all face. While the necromancers feast on the corpses of the Adrian war, their numbers bolstered; he would have you turn away and hide himself as a ‘lightener’ when his soul is stained darker than near all I know.

Please, be careful. If you do not wish to take me at my word, investigate. You will find all the same truths I have. I have known this man for many years and hunted him for just as long. He has injured many, and if you give him a platform; he will twist it all to the beat of the Xionist drums.

It is very well possible another has assumed the mantle, but the mention of Hallowcliff and his discussion on faith is enough to convince me that it is him. Notice that he also mentioned Celia'nor in his missive, a state that has declared an open bounty.

Similarly, to Haense. Because he has been executed before. Finally for Hohkmat. He has fostered a deep hate against Lord-Magister Haus for many years as a rival. This is a political act in an attempt to leverage force against states that have done no wrong. 

Light Preserve and Prevail,
Sermi Ulveryn.”