THE THRONE OF MAN

Ulfric would read the missive with a few grumbles and groans. 

"o'I did nae sacrifice mah reign ensuring teh downfall ov Oren onleh fer et teh reform again. Ef t'ese last few decades ov mah loife mus' beh spent ensuring somethin' ov teh loike never reappears, so beh it. Form ah Grand fockin' Republic fer all o'I care. Jus' keep Oren dead. Keep teh name gone. Even at et's peak there was nothin' but decadence an' corruption. Remember t'at."

He'd then crumple up the missive, tossing it straight into the fireplace of his home. He'd grab a drink soon after.

11 hours ago, Pork said:
  Hide contents

Sounds cool but I have a few concerns

1. What prevents this so called emperor from evicting people with NL pro power?
  2. Would the kingdoms that are part of this retain PRO ownership over their Parties tiles?
  3. Wouldn't this just lead to more assassinations and whatnot furthering issues with who controls who rply?
  4. Bias will always exist oocly and rply, the person giving up any titles or ties to ones people would never happen, there would always be an interest group behind them only helping for benefits

Spoiler

just like everything that happens in roleplay, new empire w devolved powers seems like a perfect opportunity to get rid of this PRO bullshit once and for all

"Empires are founded through war and conquest; not goodwill and liaison," muses Vasily.

"The Empire will be pushed back under the boot of RUIN should it rear its ugly face again." The age-old Ahnakriel declared in burning tongue, a fleeting memory recalling to him of the destruction of the Royal Palace of Vienne, when those days past were so sweet.

A certain Haeseni, Siegmund Weiss looked to a poster upon his wall, detailing the patriotic expectations of his house, and consulted the sacred map.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/954944265178476615/1216510667826266153/LOTC-TILEMAP-FEB2024.png?ex=6600a6d8&is=65ee31d8&hm=67404e198b60eea83f197e90a56f250030a7cb3dfc80976ab49a10fd0f7b4d8b&

The child thus concluded, an empire was not in his best interests!

Haus eagerly scanned through the paper, only to crumble it up into a ball and throw it into the fireplace with righteous fury as he realized the 'Throne' of Man was metaphorical.

"If an Empire returns, I pray it be a Waldenic one" Gottfried idly commented, stroking his stache from his balcony as he over looked the new realm of his people

"I have not read it, but I feel in my soul that it is time. Time for me to take my rightful place as Empress of all Mankind." Said Sarah Artenin, the soon to be Empress that sits upon the throne of Man.

Norido skims over the paper he had received at his door while very sleep deprived. "Heh- un- United Humaity- is a p- pipe dream.." Norido giggles

Pym Volkov begins to build a post on his land, upon which to hang any pro-empire folk. They ain't getting his tower he just bought!

On 3/9/2024 at 12:06 PM, TreeSmoothie said:
  Hide contents

Upon the quaint coasts of Aevos did something stir. A flash of light, the creak of bones, whirring of black smog like some wicked swarm of locusts. Where the Crownlanders went, she followed - haunting like a poltergeist. But few were left to remember her, and those who could, had read it from the books which had glorified she and her kin, the 5th Brigadiers, the Adunians, the Carrions. A clean slate.

"And in this new era, I take your place," that Dame croaked to the statue before her, one Ostromir Carrion. "Let the Heartlands rise again."

The statue stood in the rain, dour and tall, watching on as its disciple carried out a work set in motion long, long ago.