[Alchemy Clarification] Void Stalkers and Atronachs.

Meant to go to Core Alchemy III

Originally: [spoiler]
Alchemy
Potions being primed would stay primed for two emotes, until once more becoming inert. Once inert, a potion must be primed again to be activated. Drawing/Throwing a potion does not count as priming a potion.

Potions would go inert and unable to be primed when their holder connected to a magic, or used an enchantment. Potions remain inert until two emotes after the user disconnects from a magic or stops using an enchantment.

New: [spoiler]
Alchemy
Potions being primed would stay primed for two emotes, until once more becoming inert. Once inert, a potion must be primed again to be activated. Drawing/Throwing a potion does not count as priming a potion.

Potions would go inert and unable to be primed when their holder connected to a magic, or used an enchantment. Potions remain inert until two emotes after the user disconnects from a magic or stops using an enchantment.
[Added]Atronachs and mages with the Voidstalking feat always count as being connected to a magic or using an enchantment, thus are unable to prime potions.

PURPOSE:
Currently the only way of knowing that an Atronach or a Voidstalker is unable to prime a potion is through word of mouth or finding a message in the Story Discord from literally a year ago. 

image.png?ex=65fde6c7&is=65eb71c7&hm=134983ecc31ad189eae29628f4bfb2b505171057fcfe8d2c9b35c559a0b27423&

I get it for atronachs, but I don't like the idea for Voidstalkers. Not all potions are combative after all and it feels weird to make it so they basically cant use the feat

14 minutes ago, MeteorDragon said:

I get it for atronachs, but I don't like the idea for Voidstalkers. Not all potions are combative after all and it feels weird to make it so they basically cant use the feat

I am just getting the unwritten rule written, I too also think it's dumb but it's even dumber that Voidstalkers are power gaming by not reading ST chat history from a year ago.

20 minutes ago, Samler said:

I am just getting the unwritten rule written, I too also think it's dumb but it's even dumber that Voidstalkers are power gaming by not reading ST chat history from a year ago.

Valanor was actually wrong about this ruling, which is why it's not been kept up. That's what I heard anyways

Edit:
Plus, if we were always connected, then we wouldn't have to do our connection emote

The "voidstalkers are unable to use alchemy because I said so" ruling was made by an st whose rulings have all been nullified recently. I.E. this is not an existing rule. Both on a lore and mechanical standpoint if it did apply it would apply to several other magics, such as high tier druids.

If this is a change we do want to make though, I would request potions only being blocked in combative situations due to the annoyance of voidstalkers being unable to use flavorful alchemy themselves.

The LM in the screenshot said it's a rule. :shrug:

2 hours ago, Samler said:

The LM in the screenshot said it's a rule. :shrug:

He is no longer ST, and that was probably before the recent nullification of all those rulings. Was a regular LT to, not a LM.

voidstalker discrimination wtf

seems entirely unnecessary to randomly bar voidstalkers from alchemy entirely 

This is just blatantly stupid nerfing for something that literally doesn't exist to be 'enforcing'

On 3/14/2024 at 11:51 PM, MeteorDragon said:

Valanor was actually wrong about this ruling, which is why it's not been kept up. That's what I heard anyways

Edit:
Plus, if we were always connected, then we wouldn't have to do our connection emote

I fully agree with this, much like other people have stated in this post, what if a Voidstalker needs a potion outside of combat? I believe there should either be a re-write of thus rule or just a general wipe of it.

+1 for posting this though, I was actually not aware Void Stalkers couldnt prime potions...

Amendments/Additions implemented into main lore post. Thank you for your submission. Moving to correct subforum to prevent redundancy and clutter.