Technical Projects/ Plugins the server would want.

_mady07

Technical Projects/ Plugins the server would want  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Skills Plugin ex. Thievery, Blacksmithing, Cooking, Harvesting, Farming ect.

• Yes, Absolutely
    • No. Absolutely not
  2. 2. Alchemy Plugin/ Magic Plugins

• Yes
    • No. .
  3. 3. Medical Plugin

• Sure
    • Not needed
  4. 4. Wonkbot (Please)

• Yes Yes Yes
    • No
    • Aeso?
  5. 5. More camps/variants, ex. Tents, campfires to add on the current ones at CT.

• Yeah sure thats cool
    • No thanks

I would personally like to see some sort of skills plugin come back as of right now all you really do to make money is either make a RP item or sell mats. Bring back the age of good ole blue collar grinders to let them be the best in their skill if they want to put the effort in. Like you can always vote to get mina. I think the days of enchanting and making weapons combined with the current surge plugin would be pree cool if it was to happen or even the days of farmers and cooks when food used to go bad and you had a freezer box and such (Ologs could eat rotten food again) Just my thought on it thou.

(Also pls give me a way to grind more mina @_mady07 <3)

flashbacks to athera where i couldnt get a nice birch door for myself because it was too high level in woodworking 🥲

Did y'all ever get around to making a new player plugin? Not saying it has to be mine, but I still think improving the newbie experience via plugins Is the best pound for pound return on investment that you can get

please give me mcmmo variant pleeeease this is a mechanical roleplay server i want the mechanics and the rp to blend seamlessly and not be integrated in a lackluster fashion😭

impossible to answer when nobody has a clear idea of what any of these suggestions would or could even be like

what would 'medical plugin' consist of. are we doin RPG health bars now or.

Anything beyond a plugin to make basic items which work the same as player made items is gonna change a lot about medic rp. so im not keen on the concept w/o any details.

imagine personas w/ 0 training spamming medic plugin items mid battle n then fighting as normal. Goin into the dungeon with x50 Potion of Minor Healing to chug between turns vibes. thats not gonna be fun for anyone

build in modded conquest data/texture pack

must have hookahs

21 minutes ago, seannie said:

build in modded conquest data/texture pack

this ^^^ !!!!!

ardacraft is light years ahead of us and we must close the gap

While I appreciate what the Tech Team's trying to do here, I feel that a lot of these suggestions simply abandon roleplay in favor of mechanics. For instance,

== === == === ==

1.) Skills Plugin - In my experience, all that Nexus and Vortex did was hamper one's ability to pick up a character and start roleplaying them. Cooking, harvesting, lumberjacking, and farming skills all have the potential to gatekeep people from picking up characters centered around these skills IRPly from doing so. A player on a roleplaying server should not have to grind for hundreds of hours to be able to do these things adeptly. Then again, they can also be good for the server economy so I'm not entirely opposed to this.

Additionally, other skills could be widely abused in bad faith. For instance, while a thievery skill sounds nice on paper, realistically speaking it's more likely to just be used by PvP goons and little for constructive roleplay. It's also more likely to discourage roleplayers who want to do constructive roleplay as a thief from picking the profession up in the first place.

2.) Alchemy Plugin / Magic Plugin - These actually sound great. I wouldn't mind an Alchemy Plugin with like, pre-set potion items and descriptions to ensure that herbs are actually being used and allow for ingredient management.

In regards to a Magic Plugin, I would welcome this greatly but I'd honestly just like to see an array of particle effects extended to magic users and CAs with IRP access to them. I think it's almost criminal that you have to pay like $1000 USD to get access to these visual effects. Something that makes it easier to visibly portray roleplaying as a magic wielder would be quite worthwhile. I don't care so much about mechanics though, as I believe the server's already slipped too far into caring about mechanics as it is. It's my fear that many magic users would abuse a mechanical addition and neglect doing actual magic roleplay beyond the lessons necessary to gain it.

Either way, I'd suggest having some sort of whitelisting apparatus for these plugins that is maintained by the ST.

3.) Medical Plugin - Absolutely not, since 99% of medical roleplay is done purely IRP with player signed items and general botany. I see very little purpose in a "medical plugin" being applied to roleplay, unless it were a PvP only apparatus meant to supplement combat encounters. Then I'd think it would be fine, so long as it isn't forced to be used as a result of CRP or roleplay based wounds.

4.) Wonkbot - Dunno what this is but wonks are mega based, 11/10 approve?

5.)More Camps / Tent Variants - Absolutely, I love this plugin. The more options for these the better!

== === == === ==

In short, I'd just urge the Tech Team to be mindful of designing plugins which encourage and supplement roleplay rather than aim to replace it. I feel there's a balance between the two and more mechanical features would help to achieve that, just please don't overdo it by removing the need to roleplay for certain avenues.

P.S: Can you guys PLEASE get rid of the annoying cool down timer for persona renaming, or lower the perk for waiving it to the Coal, Iron, or even Gold VIP level? Or like, reduce it from something like 8 hours to 1? It's existence only hampers roleplay and makes players miserable. Forcing people to pay $100 USD to Tythus LTD simply to be able to change their persona name without waiting 8 hours, something often done to prevent metagaming or reflect RP, is kinda unfair...

an actual place to find the current tutorials on all the custom plugins too, maybe a page? its stupid having to dig through the forums to find the origin post on how to use it whereas it should be pinned somewhere 

7 hours ago, salamanderfantasy said:

what would 'medical plugin' consist of. are we doin RPG health bars now or.

Anything beyond a plugin to make basic items which work the same as player made items is gonna change a lot about medic rp. so im not keen on the concept w/o any details.

imagine personas w/ 0 training spamming medic plugin items mid battle n then fighting as normal. Goin into the dungeon with x50 Potion of Minor Healing to chug between turns vibes. thats not gonna be fun for anyone

if it were me I'd make this 😎 

3 hours ago, Adelemphii said:

if it were me I'd make this 😎 

HE GOT HIT WITH AN ARROW, HYPER-EXTEND THE HEAD, MAKE SURE HE DOESNT SWALLOW THE KING LT!! WE HAVE TO GET HIM INTUBATED!

>medical automaton pulls up to act as my pulseoximeter

>by this time im sweating and screaming in the vc

WE'VE GOT PNEUMOHEMOTHORAX! WE NEED TO INITIALIZE NEEDLE DECOMPRESSION!

GET ME THE CHEST SEAL, STAT!

>the pink tag who just wanted to be a nurse is scream crying in the corner out of sheer terror

Can you get ferries working again? That'd help a lot

P.S: Skills or death