How tall should elves actually be?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. How tall should Subraceless Elves be?

• 5'0 ft - 6'8 ft | 152.4 cm - 207.264 cm
    • 4'2 ft - 6'11 ft | 128.016 cm - 207.264 cm
    • 5'0 ft - 6'6 ft | 152.4 cm - 201.168 cm (Current)
  2. 2. How tall should High Elves be?

• 5'6 ft - 6'11 ft | 170.688 cm - 207.264 cm
    • 5'11 ft - 6'6 ft | 155.7528 cm - 201.168 cm
    • 5'0 ft - 6'6 ft | 152.4 cm - 201.168 cm (Current)
  3. 3. How tall should Dark Elves be?

• 5'0 ft - 6'6 ft | 152.4 cm - 201.168 cm
    • 5'2 ft - 6'2 ft | 158.496 cm - 188.976 cm
    • 5'0 ft - 6'4 ft | 152.4 cm - 195.072 (Current)
  4. 4. How tall should Wood Elves be?

• 4'2 ft - 6'2 ft | 128.016 cm - 188.976 cm
    • 4'6 ft - 5'7 ft | 140.208 cm - 173.736 cm
    • 5'0 ft - 6'2 ft | 152.4 cm - 188.976 cm (Current)

45 minutes ago, Bethinwonderland said:

This is actually something I took into consideration when making this poll.

Subraceless Elves should have a mix of every height as there isn't really a way to keep track of all the heritage they have.

When I joined the server, Wood Elves were the shortest Elven race. With living in the woods/dense forests/jungles. I had assumed that they would get taller, as they don't have "box" to contain themselves in. I know many people who have taller Wood Elves and I kept them in mind with the "final" max as I didn't want them to get left out.

In regards to the High Elves, they are meant to be tall. So wide open spaces indeed!

Much like with the Wood Elves, when I joined the Dark Elves were meant to be a "middle ground" height. which is something I wanted to keep. 5'8 ft was the shortest and 6'2 was the tallest. I'm so glad that there is a larger range of heights for them now as opposed to five or so years ago. I've lived in cavern systems on my Dark Elf before, however, this was three years ago and I haven't seen it done since. Human heights are acceptable.

Dark Elves are tricky to say the least, there's no exact definition of them in fantasy. On lotc they have their own lore and history (something that I haven't checked out yet, guilty indeed), so I guess that would play a big role on their height

didnt like any options. why did i have to expand the lower limit to have elves actually able to be tall? 6'6 as a max height is a joke. elves are supposed to tower above humans

On 4/25/2024 at 8:19 PM, TreeSmoothie said:

i MUST be tall and I MUST wield scaddernak basilisk wyrm dragon scale armor and I WILL swing two greatswords at you. yes, I know the racial max is 6'6 but I am 7' ...

( I think elves should be tall & unhumanly, but if they're going to be Orc tall, it should be at the cost of strength [at least for the tallest subrace, Helves - would make sense seeing as they're racially proficient with magic]. Tired of seeing 10 year supersoldier elf personas )

key word "unhumanly", elves should always be a little unnatural looking. long fingers, larger eyes, teeth that regenerate every few decades since they live forever, manual control over their ears, ectomorphic and double-jointed, compressed musculature, and of course very, very tall

11 hours ago, argonian said:

didnt like any options. why did i have to expand the lower limit to have elves actually able to be tall? 6'6 as a max height is a joke. elves are supposed to tower above humans

I expanded the lower limit to allow for more heights options, much like with the taller options I know people that have shorter elves. Those people could just be grandfathered in as a 5'2 Proto Elf I guess? Thank you so much for the feedback. Do you have any ideas on the ideal height range? What would tower over them without placing them into Uruk territory?

i think elves should be at max 4' and be forced to wear potato sacks with no socks

On 4/27/2024 at 7:47 PM, Bethinwonderland said:

I expanded the lower limit to allow for more heights options, much like with the taller options I know people that have shorter elves. Those people could just be grandfathered in as a 5'2 Proto Elf I guess? Thank you so much for the feedback. Do you have any ideas on the ideal height range? What would tower over them without placing them into Uruk territory?

i don't think orcs should have a monopoly on height. tbh orcs should be shorter - cuz orcs are already broader and more muscular.

high elves should be lanklets, wood elves can be manlets if they want but it's still weird, and dark elves, well, they're already totally mixed up culturally so who even knows with them anymore. but high elves are 100% meant to be a lanklet race. and elves based on any non-lotc setting are meant to be hyper-lanklets, so if not high elves then who?

Elves should be heightlocked to 5'5 for women and 5'0 for men.