Announcement of Withdrawal

Wizry

"Paladins deserve worse," Ellenore av Eiriksdóttir spoke.

Aurae signs in disappointment at her fellow Paladins as this missive somehow reached her hands. 

"Much wiser, Druids are." Ahnakriel commented, reading the announcement from his crater— recovering from a grievous wound streaked with black and yellow scar tissue.

"This Cathan really knows what's up, he's clean with it." Spake the punished Zahkriikyzer unto the hordes that currently held a meeting within the depths of the Redmont, therein Tor'Praeth. 

"JOIN US." The High Justicar of Azdromoth said aloud to himself as he looked towards the massive army of Azdrazi toiling away among the forges, alchemy labs, and libraries of Tor'Praeth.

2024-04-27_18.29.36.png?ex=66301f82&is=662ece02&hm=ae1b636ff0a6bfbfb574efb08ca964ee23c09303ebbcd40090a472d59c7af0f5&

As night fell over the South, the soft glow of a candle could be seen in a high tower. A Paladin crumpled the paper, tossing it to the side as he thought over the events of the day. 

"Those who abandon us now, those who we have helped, I shall let burn in the heat of a thousand suns."

Cerrick threw a bottle, the glass shattering into a thousand shards with his reflection.

"I have grown more than ill of lucent justice. Those who stooped to help them have done all they can - But the blood of Paladins does not tip nature's scales."

Spoke the Buzzard 'ere he returned to the crushing of pigments, with which he will ink-etch more parables. Perhaps the outcome of this would be another.

"To those who abandon us, we will remember." Sofiele swore, as she seemed disappointed with their allies

The Dragonslayer overhears the goings on of the others, thinking it is fortuitous the druids will no longer be dragged down by the paladins. "The paladins have never been successful in anything they have ever tried according to my records." Spoke a nearby book. "It is good those darkspawn will plague Nevaehlen no more."

A certain son of a Paladin looks over the missive, almost torn. ". . .He said help but if the rumors are true, as a betting man, losing a bet is something I never do. Needs to be played smart and the acts of this, are far from it."  He spoke while offering the missive to an animii bat, watching the creature take away the paper.

Sonna looked over the missive from within the Watcher's Grove, her brow furrowing. "Prideful ... And petty." The Heirophant concluded, her head shaking in disappointment. "Do they forget how ruin will cause the destruction of Balance? How Azdromoth razed Amathea to the ground, and how his sons hunted us into hiding. To turn our back now ... Ne, I shall not, nor will my kin." The Matriarch rose to a stand then, whistling for her foxes to join her as she marched.

In a forest a woman wandered. Her name now irrevocably tied to a choice.
No more would she ask her kin to sacrifice. No longer would she lead her brothers and sisters to avoidable death. 

Yet her hammer was not set aside, her shield not hung upon the wall. If they chose to fight, it would be their own choice. 

Just as to keep going was her own.

A gleaming ring sat upon the woman's finger. An oath born of ages long past, to be honored still. 

She would ask no others to follow her. But into the Titan's flame she would delve yet again. Til death take her, or the shadow cast ever aside by Holy Light.

"If you're so obsessed with pride and glory, as opposed to defeating the Titan, then I shan't waste my breath..."
A Keeper concluded, recovering from his wounds in wake of a grueling siege.
"No matter. The rest of us shall press onward regardless."

".. Strange," spoke Bog, merely scanning through that missive. Then, he turned to his buddy, their expression peaked with interest - pupils dilated.

"I recall a story now, back on Almaris.
The wicked Miven Caerme'onn herself, neglecting all issues that made themselves apparent; Azdromoth was one of them, ti?
History repeats itself, it seems."

That friend spoke nothing in retort, because it was a mere feline, only focused on the week-old bacon Bog snacked on.