A Shady Vampire Lore

Balorien

The following book was written by a traveller from a other island. The Diary was found at the shores of the Dwarven Kingdom.

The Diary of Solomon:

WO8SOfU.png
ns8Hw0c.gif
dxOCKOa.gif
n5IznV0.png
Edited by Balorien

This is creative, and it's clear a lot of work was put into this. But unfortunately as far as I know the LT is never going to accept vampires or werewolves, though I could be wrong.

Don't get discouraged though, the media team could use someone like you, you should consider applying.

Whilst some on LotC are loathe to the idea of vampires, I think vampires could be a reasonable addition if they were done right. In my mind, though, that would be something more akin to a curse bestowed upon someone by Ikuras. It's a mind-altering curse that makes someone feel the need to drink blood or else go insane. It could work through descendant blood, animal blood, or perhaps both (mexican people cheering). I think what is paramount, though, is to avoid giving vampires bullshit superpowers, and making it more of an actual curse and detriment and not a boon in any way. Granted, frosties do get frost magic, and they're kind of like female vampires, but they're also much easier to spot. That's my 2 cents at least.

Don't make them sparkle. 

If any of you played with casltevania lord of shadows 1-2 or watched Hellsing, than you know how i imagine vampires.

I hope, I will be allowed to play a vampire.

That's a nice shady tale you have there.

I wouldn't mind doing vampire slaying. I've done it on another role play medium back in the day and had a blast. See if someone can help you assimilate this with already existing lore.

I like the idea...

But I have a feeling that there'll be too many people wishing to play as a vampire; Just take a look at the amount of necroshites and edgies already on the server.

Edited by herculean_wud

The idea is rather nice, however LOTC already has something along the lines of a vampire, it's called the Imp Parastie,:

I like the idea...

But I have a feeling that there'll be too many people wishing to play as a vampire; Just take a look at the amount of necroshites and edgies already on the server.

Yes, but it would be a bit hard to get a vampire to infect you. Soo it will be a hard job to become a vampire.

Ah, right. Other than that slight quirk, I totally support the idea!

The idea is rather nice, however LOTC already has something along the lines of a vampire, it's called the Imp Parastie,:

Sonofa-

I was literally going to post this too ;-;

Sonofa-

I was literally going to post this too ;-;

Personally, I think my lore is different from the parasites, becouse this is more like a magical curse/blessing. It depends on you.

If you become a vampire your not evil, nor good. You decide that to. You will be yourself in mind, body, and soul. You just lose your race and become a creature which is much more and much less than other races.

Oh, I understand. I just believe since a lore similar to vampires is already accepted, LMs may not accept this. Not saying it's not good or anything, just speculation c: Then again, I could totally be wrong. Good luck in your endeavor!

As a roleplaying server that accommodates just about every popular fantasy trope (not a negative point, mind), players always want to play something familiar-be it magical elves, lords and knights, beer-swilling dwarves or evil necromancers. A vampire inspires a very specific image that tends to be homogenous across most fantasy settings. Drink blood, hate sunlight, be immortal, the dark and twisted children of the twilight etc. This image comes from the name vampire rather than what it does. You don't gain that image from a parasite. A traditional vampire-type creature would be well suited in LotC.

Perhaps not this one, though.

Edited by Catostrophy

As a roleplaying server that accommodates just about every popular fantasy trope (not a negative point, mind), players always want to play something familiar-be it magical elves, lords and knights, beer-swilling dwarves or evil necromancers. A vampire inspires a very specific image that tends to be homogenous across most fantasy settings. Drink blood, hate sunlight, be immortal, the dark and twisted children of the twilight etc. This image comes from the name vampire rather than what it does. You don't gain that image from a parasite. A traditional vampire-type creature would be well suited in LotC.

Perhaps not this one, though.

You truly know what i want..