[Lore] Mystics Presence

Booklight12

Mystics Presence

HdnkFc9.png

“It felt as if millions of pounds bore down upon my body when I gazed upon him. I was frozen..”

Magical pressure, Presence, aura. The idea of Mystics presence goes by a plethora of names. Though, in each of these different variations it is in essence the same idea or concept. The concept of a presence given off by those who’ve dabble past a common mortals abilities, and into the realm of Magic be it based on higher beings, darker magics, or the neutral powers of what we call the void. This presence is within all, be it novice or Master though in my studies i’ve discovered that it varies in level.

The question still looms as to what this ‘presence’ is, and truly it is hard to describe it is simply the indescribable feeling one gets when meeting another who has delved into the arts of magic. An example being a powerful practitioner of magic, how some seem to simply perspire magic to the point where one who as well is magically inclined feels almost overpowered, or knowing of the abilities he or she is capable of. A sixth sense of sorts that is in its’ entirety a metaphysical byproduct of years and years of experience in the arts.

Through tests with my colleague and apprentice, the former a highly experienced user of the mystical arts, and the latter new practitioner i’ve discovered that all people produce this byproduct of magical energies, though some (Most commonly in newer magic users) may not even notice it and be difficult for others to be able to sense it. Now, that is not all i’ve uncovered through these tests, in another study i’ve learnt that it is indeed plausible to switch off this magical presence you are exuding, and is an innate ability within all who practice the arts of magic. Some not even noticing they are able to produce this presence. It acts like a switch, with but a flick of the finger you can turn it off and on allowing other magically gifted folk know that you infact are a fellow practitioner, or turn it off remaining in a state of anonymity disallowing others to know of this power. All that is required to be able to turn off or on this magical presence is simply knowing it is there. Once you see this metaphysical switch, all you must do is think. “Off” or “On”?

My last point, is that this strange phenomena already embedded in all of Aos and beyond. And this presence has been around since the beginning of time though, not yet documented nor tested to a finer degree. It would seem this acts as the cosmos’ way of a innate, but primitive way of communication among magic users. Allowing one to distinguish themselves in a crowd, and almost call out to other magically inclined.

----

-------------

----

--

Passage in the journal of

B.B Seregon

((Just written in the words of my character though since it is somewhat hard to decipher what this strange elf is saying half the time i’mma write about it in normal lore format))

What is this?

Mystical Presence is just a general term basically to describe what the presence of magical users is. Many of us have seen the descriptions in some mage characters like “Gives off a holy aura” or “A divine presence” this simply is explaining this in character phenomena in a more detailed way, and expand on it a little to explain how normal players whos’ characters use magic can put this in their description, or be used in roleplay to give a more magical and immersive feel mostly between other magic users. The idea of presence is mana based, so basically the more mana a character has the stronger the sense will feel.

Aesthetics?

Basically, the aesthetics can be creative as long as it has no form of combative use as this is entirely non combative. And generally sticks within the magics that you are using. So for example, a necromancer may state that their character produces a strange feeling of dread or ominous sense to them. A holy mage can say “Gives off a warm presence of divinity to those around him.” and so forth. It is simply the magically unnatural feeling one gets when initiating RP with another mage, that can be emoted or put in a description.

What this lore serves as?

This lore serves as clarification to what some magic users have as their statuses and allow other players to be able to use in RP to attract roleplay with others. And allow the magic rper to give a sense of mysticism or mystery in their RP that won’t require them to concentrate or do anything but instead be an innate presence that can be used to initiate rp with another.

Limits

• Don’t be dumb, if you are a novice magic user, you cannot say your character is teeming with immense power.
  • Cannot harm others with this magic period

Have fun children

Edited by Booklight12

Sounds pretty cool if you ask me. 

Kinda reminds me of Haki from the manga One Piece

I had thought this was already allowed having read people's bios for their characters in game. . .? Is it not?

I had thought this was already allowed having read people's bios for their characters in game. . .? Is it not?

Like I said in the post this was made for a type of clarification since there's no lore written on it on the forums Right now it's in a state of ambiguity for many players whether they can do something like this or not.

Edited by Booklight12

Don't see why not, it'd give a decent reasoning for all those spooky characters out there. 

As long as this doesn't reach toward enforced presence, like for example the aura of fear that Dread Knights were able to produce in the past. Any forced prominent feeling or sensation (happiness, fear, whatever) from one player to another is not permitted.

So can you sense the presence of other mages? Example being my character who by all means is a powerful arcanist. Is he automatically brimming with energy all the time? I feel like that can lead to meta gaming. :[

Kinda reminds me of Haki from the manga One Piece

That good or bad? Haha

Lol it's good, there's a form of Haki where if  you train it enough your presence is overwhelming. You can knock people out with it.

So can you sense the presence of other mages? Example being my character who by all means is a powerful arcanist. Is he automatically brimming with energy all the time? I feel like that can lead to meta gaming. :[

In the lore I wrote that characters can innately be brimming with energy or turn it off like a switch be it consciously or not. Basically meaning it is up to the person OOCly whether they want their character to have the presence or not. And I said it works like a double edged sword. It can be cool especially for very powerful mages almost emanating a magical presence but at the same time others will be able to tell that they are a mage or not. So short answer nah, if your character is a strong magic user that doesn't automatically mean he is brimming with energy. And OOCly up to you whether they are or not. Or in some cases ICly.

Supremacy forgot to deny this from the previous cast of lore votes, so, I'm doing it now. Message him for details pertaining to its denial.