[✗] Equal Rites: Intercession Magic

VIROS

From an out of character perspective, this will add a whole new layer and would be an amazing thing to implement.

This can be done through quite a few other methods such as muun gazing and cognatism

I really enjoy this, it is certainly something new and unique, but it doesn't absolutely change the Canonist Faith. +1000000 Very well thought out and written

It feels like it'll be much akin to a saint version of the orcish shamanism variation: lataumanism, where you contact the spirit of the dead fallen ones to ask for a multitude of blessings.

People +1, +1 and +1 this because it is the biggest playerbase of the server, as i'd say it's 1/2 of the whole server population with the most of the server under their influence (Wood elves and humanized dwarves), and I'll still +1 it, because hey, it looks pretty good! But unless it has a few exceptions, it can be used to metagame and obtain knowledge of words most people don't know of, such as the language of the orcish spirits:

While meditating on the sagacity of Daniel the Reader, who commanded the translation of the Holy Scrolls, the invoker is enlightened with the ability to read and write in all languages.

---

Can be possibly used to metagame, but can also be used for fun purpouses

As part of a prayer on the eve of battle, the invoker supplicates Peter Pavel to receive advice in strategy and warfare. The beatified offers a brief insight into a matter of his choosing; occasionally, he intercedes further by revealing a tactic the invoker will encounter the next day, and how it is countered.

--

This is a compact CT protection in some words.

By reflecting on the strength of St. Joren while he was held captive by Harren the False, the invoker becomes immune to physical harm so long as he remains immobile, kneeling in prayer.

---

Clerics and paladins already have this, as so is a multitude of items and illusionism. I don't know if this would be good or bad from a personal point of view for intercession magic to also have it, unsure, unsure.

By holding a source of light aloft while reciting a prayer, the invoker blinds his enemies, as Exalted Owyn did to Harren the Defiler. If the invoker raises a hand in violence, as the Exalted did, the curse is lifted.

But some are really good for roleplay.

By blessing a cask of wine in the name of Blessed Adeodatus the Simple, the invoker endows the drink with holy merriment and joy. Those who taste it are overcome with fraternity, and raucously celebrate the virtue of the Blessed. Adeodatus sometimes manifests as a vision, joyously egging on the participants and sharing tales of merriment.

As part of an evening vespers, the invoker leads the faithful in begging the beneficence of St. Tobias. On the morrow, all are overcome with charitable spirit, desiring to share their food, clothes, and wealth with the less fortunate. The saint occasionally shows his special favor by mystically multiplying the wealth of virtuous merchants.

Want it or not, a lot of people will get angry if this lore is denied, proceding to start intense bickering on the forums complaining on how about everyone else has special magics but not humans.

I find it very themed and good nonetheless. [/spoiler

9 hours ago, VIROS said:

Jude,

Hey look it's me! I've made it to the seven skies baby! No but in all seriousness, I love this and it's a big +1 from me. Blessed Jude nods in approval.

Question: Will people who once played these saints be able to use them once more by, say acting as them in the roleplay situation? I'd very much like to play Jude again, that is why I'm asking.

~.~

Miracle of

Blessed Jude of Cyriaum

By beseeching the favor of Blessed Jude of Cyriaum, the invoker calls to a forgotten piece of lore relevant to a situation at hand. Blessed Jude may intercede further, personally speaking the wisdom  aloud for all to hear.

Much of this magic can already be done with other magics, such as the First Miracle of Exd. Siegmund, which is essentially Moongazing.

That said, this is a very unique looking magic. I like the idea but dislike it's 'everymagic' capabilities.

I don't like this magic, many of these miracles seem to have the capability of power gaming if used incorrectly.

Edit:

For example:

St. Adrian

By calling on the righteousness of St. Adrian’s theological works, the invoker enhances his authoritative presence, magically compelling his listeners to speak only the truth. <---

So this basically forces anyone to tell the person only the truth? This here is just outright PG, it pretty much means I can go to someone that's hiding something of extreme significance and force them to tell the truth. I dislike this very much.

2 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

I don't like this magic, many of these miracles seem to have the capability of power gaming if used incorrectly.

Edit:

For example:

St. Adrian

By calling on the righteousness of St. Adrian’s theological works, the invoker enhances his authoritative presence, magically compelling his listeners to speak only the truth. <---

So this basically forces anyone to tell the person only the truth? This here is just outright PG, it pretty much means I can go to someone that's hiding something of extreme significance and force them to tell the truth. I dislike this very much.

Not really overpowered if you think about it, as long as it's a very rare miracle.

It can help prevent the shitty idea people have that their chars all have iron wills that cannot be broken under any circumstance.

Just now, Birdnerdy said:

Not really overpowered if you think about it, as long as it's a very rare miracle.

It can help prevent the shitty idea people have that their chars all have iron wills that cannot be broken under any circumstance.

Lies aren't meant to be uncovered, even moongazing cant truly expose a lie.

Just now, drfate786 said:

Lies aren't meant to be uncovered, even moongazing cant truly expose a lie.

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here 

If palpatine was forced to say the truth and only the truth to the Jedi for even just 5 minutes do you still think he would of taken over the known galaxy? The answer is pretty simple man.

He's saying powergaming is acceptable if you are being tortured basically. 

+1 to this magic. I think everyone is just super critical of it because they hate/dislike canonism for whatever reason. Other magicks are cool but aren't canon approved. I believe it wasn't long ago that someone made a thread and magic was brought up as a remedy because the Creator doesn't do anything for people.