Anti-Spook Ward Amendment Proposal

shortchangehero

Thanks for being rude and trying to call me out. If you hadn't known, the 'electrical evocation' I dodged was emoted as a slow moving ball. So before you go out and say 'dodged electrical evocation', be more clear to avoid be frankly annoyingly rude.

Just now, Vindicant said:

Thanks for being rude and trying to call me out. If you hadn't known, the 'electrical evocation' I dodged was emoted as a slow moving ball. So before you go out and say 'dodged electrical evocation', be more clear to avoid be frankly annoyingly rude.

rip

4 minutes ago, Dewlox™ said:

Here come the grudges... doesn't explain how you lasted for a hour against eleven various types of threats. (Not even counting the minions some had.) You took way too much abuse any normal person could take. And no, being a cleric doesn't make you superhuman.

You say this, and yet I properly emoted every single time when strikes were made against me. When Karyssmov was being blood-magic puppeteered, he couldn't move. He was dogpiled and moving slow, the wounds he had stacked up until he eventually couldn't flee. There was no 'abuse any normal person couldn't take', it was that you simply didn't 'capture' him until he was finally tackled down, as one would ascertain a holy person would not desire to be captured by spooks saying they'd 'Like to remove all of his non-essential organs and strap him to a cross to serve as a banner'.

Would you simply give up in such situations? No, you'd also struggle and do every biting thing you can to get away. I lasted an hour because I used my environment and didn't just intentionally die, even though I knew I was outnumbered. 

Lemme see them screens though. Someone has to be wrong.

1 hour ago, Archipelego said:

exactly my point, fam. i feel like holy wards arent meant to be an anti-spook device, but more of an... assistance to killing them, or alerting of them in the area

yeah this

you make wards to keep spooks out fully. Also paying gold blocks makes 0 sense irply, like yeah lemme just sacrifice gold to somehow keep a ward up. If people wanted spook they can not have a ward, if they dont, then a ward is in place to stop them from getting it.

I mean, a good set of plate is rather easy to get around with, id says its far harder to be a fat ninja in like that one movie than to be a soldier in full plate. The only reason plate wasn't used as much as it likely should of because it took really long to make and was expensive as hell. As for lasting an hour against 11 opponents, it's not impossible, especially in a magical/fantasy world Just enjoy rp, he knew he was going to lose? he lost in the end right? so why is it a problem and did he last an hour IRL time or IRP? cause rp fights always take forever because everyone's emoting, which can especially be the case in a one v X case where the one has to emote a response to 11 different actions. As for IRL Depending on his training, he should be able to fight for HOURS if need be like any good soldier should be able too especially if retreating and using terrain. That said its unlikely to be the case every time but its far from being entirely impossible especially in a magical world. And his life was on the line, Fight or flight he chose fight thus adrenaline helps him keep going a lot. if he had escaped, once that chemical ran out her likely would have fallen over and died anyway a Human, or in the specific individual's case, an 'elves? body is capable of a lot.

As for the original topic, I quite like the new ward proposal as it doesn't 'stop' groups of spooks entering, rather give them a disadvantage if attacking this particular area. Home field advantage makes sense, just as I believe spooks should get a similar thing if people tried to attack them. you are at the heart of sutica for instance, a city built on holiness. especially this map they are going to have holy protections just as I would expect to take a holy army into the heart of darkness or where ever the spooks live atm to be near disastrous if not planned to the T. The current wards need changing imo cause they are just tools that validate metaing. That said even the rewrite might be a wee bit strong, and that has nothing to do with the size of it, but its effects should be more passive to create levels and depth to rp. Not to oust a spook for simply coming into town because they are meeting someone, or wanting to buy potatoes as so many have claimed to want to do.

Anyway o/

wards are ehhh

if you're only using them to identify undead/dark mages then sure but right now those things can cover entire taverns and make it entirely impossible for anything to go past (you're literally forced to roll around in pain for half an hour or whatever i dont like that). same goes for abyssal seeds, completely stopping any mage from casting, even if they're not naturally weakened by having magic, is dumb. the only thing wards should fully stop are ghosts, but then, literally demanifesting them if they try to forcefully walk past despite the pain sucks.

Wards are inherently overpowered. 30 min can give you 168 hours of spell. All passive 'set and leave' wards should be removed. Active hunting and guarding are better.

The idea that wards are OP have only arised really because of the overabundance of them on the server, and the users who can make them. A couple years ago, mage wards were basically non-misty fii magic, and could ward basically anything if you had enough knowledge about it. That was when there was only like 4 or 5 active users. And now with like 20 or 30 it obviously would not work. And so that was changed. I've kind of always been a believer that cleric wards were weird when out of combat. I don't think they should be a really common in the way it's been used. It should really be something that is greatly taxing, and requires a lot of people. There should be an app, and there should really only be maybe 1 or 2 sites that are warded. With that said these sites because it'd be so limited should be able to be the site of sutica, and should greatly reduce the ability of undead, and potentially just demanifest lesser undead like ghouls, and ghosts. They shouldn't block out other undead, but should render it absolutely useless for undead to be in these warded sites without complete preparation and an army behind them. I think this addition fixes the issue pretty well. But if wards were removed completely it'd make Sutica a pretty big target for undead to attack because there's no holy protection around it weakening them. It's illogical to think the literal hub for holy people wouldn't be protected by a divine force.