Community Newsletter- May 2019

TarreBear

-u1nHD7lWVKIz4e2sonTE_Cr-6CzXBAQZoRkNFTj

The Month of April

Hello everyone!

Back again for another monthly update. April was a pretty good month full of a lot of new projects and systems being introduced to the community. From fun Easter events to war rules and your views. As we go into May you all should expect another community meeting to be held soon. A post will go up sometime next week. In addition, it has come time again for another creative cafe. This month the community team will be officially taking up the event and hosting it. So look out for another post regarding the details for that as well. I apologize for getting this out to you all late but finals held me up. Thank you for understanding and enjoy!

HxTKoZ-RlWW8GYs_bLWczjlQwaieFULy9enmp5Fc

War Rules

This month the long awaited war rules have been released. If you haven’t done so already check them out and read over them thoroughly so you know the system will work this map!

Alt Whitelisting

As many of you may have noticed, just about all registered alternative accounts have been unwhitelisted from the server due to our new system for whitelisting alts. Our goal is to have everyone forum integrated so it is easier to find people across all of our platforms. If you have forum integrated please take the time to do so for it only takes a minute and makes things easier in many ways going forward. This also means that the community team will no longer be looking at or accepting alt whitelist applications. If you have lost the minecraft account you applied on and your alt was unwhitelisted, don’t be afraid to reach out to a community team member for assistance.

Flam’s Last Stand

This is an announcement and update to what is currently going on with a lot of the current lore right now and what is going to be occurring moving forward. This includes things like magics, creatures, and rewrites. Check out the post for more information!

Tailor’s Guild

This month the community team revamped the Tailor’s Guild which is a group of skinners on the server whose purpose primarily is to provide appropriate skins for new players and also for older member of the community. We encourage those with the talent to join and help out the community while also earning some mina while you’re at it. Read the post for more information!

Staff Team Updates

The freshest scoop from the Admins themselves—learn all you can about your favorite teams.

Development Staff

The Development Staff has been busy working on our optimization issues and other bug fixed that have popped during our transition. Earlier this month Sporadic put out a post on some important information for everyone to check out!

I Fought The Lag and The Lag Won

Moderation Staff

As always, the Moderation Staff are in need of new volunteers. If you feel you’re up to the task, head on over to the Staff application section of the forums to apply! Coup rules were posted for the community’s review, and we saw Riftblade step down from a long and faithful tenure as Moderation Manager. His position was thereafter taken by, |ZipZapMan|, one of a group of qualified candidates who put themselves forward for the position.

Moderation Update Log - April

Community Staff

For starters, we saw another month filled to the brim with applications. All-in-all we received a whopping four hundred and forty two new applications, of which only six were alternate account applications prior to the new self-whitelisting system for alts. In addition, we put together a nice little Easter Event for the community. We hope you enjoyed it and we plan on putting things like that together more often. After an extremely long tenure on staff, having served previously as AT-Lead, we are sorry to see Ivory go. However MamaBearJade has stepped up to take her place, another hardworking individual to help better our community.

Community Team Update Log - April

Story Staff

This month the Story Staff sees two new managers. ScreamingDingo has been promoted to event manager and MamaBearJade has been promoted to general manager.  As the team continues to get set up and into their roles, there is a lot of projects they have in the works. One of them announced this month is the Lore Games mentioned above so don’t forget to give that a good read.  And lastly, Flambo is /still/ doing vaults. Someone pray for this man. If you haven’t already, check out the Your View up on Magics and Combat and leave your feedback!

Trendy Feedback

Our crack team of gobos compiles, analyses, and critiques our feedback forums for the top-echelon of community suggestions. We’ve picked out some of the most unique, noteworthy, and civil articles from this month.

On Rules and Community

After the aftermath of Adria being burnt down earlier on in April, there were a few posts made by the community with concerns about the rules regarding PROs and ROs. This post in particular goes over the events the occurred and discusses where we collectively as a community can improve and learn but also where staff should work to improve the rules.
Written by: @Vindicant

On /evict

This post brings up the topic of the /evict command that was introduced during this month (April) highlighting some of the issues that the use of the command can cause. Due to this post it allowed us to reevaluate the command and the rules around its use to better suit the communities needs. See rule 4.5 for clarification on how the command is used!
Written by: @TheElvenMage

The Player Province

Community Spotlight

Bright, committed, and talented people fill our community. With the community spotlight, we highlight one individual that stands out this month. This player engages the laid-back attitude, charitable spirit, and proactive nature hailed in our community guidelines. For this reason, we congratulate them for their hard-earned achievements!

Slic3man 

This month we put the spotlight on an old time member of the community, Slice3man. Being apart of the community for such a long time gives you a wider perspective on many aspects regarding the community. In addition, we chose him for this months newsletter because we have noticed how he has been giving new members of the community a helping hand in and outside of roleplay.

Interview

Hello Slic3man, the Administration overhears much about your attitude and accomplishments. We would like to highlight you in this month’s community spotlight!

What aspects of Human roleplay do you think are the most appealing or enjoyable?

Slic3man:  I've found one of the best aspects of Human roleplay is that there's a consistent influx of newer players. With that in mind, it's awesome to see them develop into their own niche and find something they enjoy the most, even if they move onto different venues. It's refreshing to see new outlooks and variety in the roleplay, along with the assistance older and newer players alike are willing to lend toward people who're just arriving.

What would you recommend to a new player who is struggling to find a purpose for their character?

Slic3man: My best recommendation would be something from my experience when I first started, get involved in multiple spheres, learn what catches your attention the most. There's a group for just about everything on LotC, and sometimes purpose comes from experience in an environment that you feel you'll enjoy the most. Having a variety provides some guidance, just be sure to lend a decent amount of time to each so you get a good taste of what that atmosphere can provide.

What is one of your favorite memories on this server?

It's hard to narrow a single memory down with how many people I've had the opportunity to interact with since 2011. Many of them have had substantially positive impacts on my life, whether it's how I go about treating others or just the simple hand  helping me hone my writing ability. If I were to choose one, it'd likely be when I first joined the server.

Initially I played an Orc in Aegis, and I was excited beyond belief to get involved with the server. Stepping into Krugmar for the first time and beginning my interaction with the players there made me feel welcome, and would keep me down that path for what has evidently been quite some time. Shoutout to Bog, Blawharag, craotor, Mogroka, Swgrclan and a few others I had the chance to learn the ropes from back in Aegis; it was great fun and I hope to do the same for many of the newcomers joining up with the server for the first time.

Outstanding Volunteer Award

We present this accolade to an exceptional staff member. We are honored and humbled that they choose our team and our server. And this month the award goes to...

MamaBearJade

This months award goes to a very well deserving member of staff, @MamaBearJade. Jade is a Manager for both the Community and Story Staff Teams. She performs exceptionally on both teams and continuously goes above and beyond in the work she puts forth. She is extremely innovative in her ideas and tends to be the one to always put herself out there and volunteer to take up large projects. She has been an amazing member of staff and deserves the recognition by far. We believe her to be a very good role model and we are grateful for the time and effort she puts into the community!

NiQZlBurLLrA-bxW2RJlu9Xcm_80X463iWwN4c34

Top VIP

The truth is that without the funds to cover our monthly costs we cannot support this wonderful experience. I think I speak for all of us when I say, thank you to our wonderful contributors. To the greatest VIP contributor this month we bid our humble gratitude and a spotlight in our newsletter.

MintyKnight

@Mintyknight  is our Top VIP of the month of April! Your contribution to the server is what helps keep our services up and running for everyone to enjoy. We thank you so much!

Roleplay Spotlight

When we think roleplay often we look to our fantastic Minecraft experience. Nonetheless! We are proud of you, our authors, who produce innumerable works—none the lesser, many are amusing, stimulating, and impactful. We’ve chosen one among the many creative posts this month.

Rejoice, Silver Blooded

This article’s purpose serves as a more coherent guide to the culture and beliefs of the High elves of Haelun’or. Within the well descriptive piece of writing, we learn also the reasonings behind the high elven forms of purity.  

Written by @Aythyinae

The Day Alderyn Burned 

Tensions have recently been arrising throughout our once harmonious lands of Arcas, elven divisions rivaling one another. The infamous former rulers of Gladewynn, the family of Ithelanens’ decide to bring their former elven Kingdom of Alderyn to flames. Purging the unused lands, in order to cleanse  the soils.

Written by @ChaseusBelli

A Selective Summary of Dwarvern History

This post describes the detailed culture and aspects of dwarven history, it is both coherent and informative. It mentions the creator Urguan, the clan of Silverbeard and how the current thriving populace came to be. A good read to look into if you are still a little unsure of dwarven heritage, culture and faith.

Written by @Kardel

The Defence of San’Strohk

Conflict across Arcas continues, this well written post highlights the occurrences between the Uruk of Krugman and the humans of the caliphate. Where both opposition and defence, fought valiantly. The Uruk of Krugmar reigning victorious within the defence of their homeland.

Written by @TheNanMan2000

Conclusion

This month there was quite a bit of creative roleplay posts to choose from and a good amount of feedback from the community which is always nice. We always encourage those to reach out and  get creative with your roleplay, writing, art, or whatever it is you love to do. I have been thinking about adding a Art Spotlight section to the newsletters to feature all of those talented artists that we have on the server. If you would like to see something like that let me know in the comments. I would also like to give a huge thank you to  @Torky and @Lukariatiasfor helping me with this month's newsletter last minute due to me getting rather busy with final season. Good luck to all those who are in their last month of school or are going through their finals right now. I hope you are all ready for a fun and exciting summer. See ya next month and I will be on time (hopefully)!

Have fun, take care, and thank you all,

LotC Administration

There are people who still don’t have all their vault items back. Can that be prioritized before moving forward? We’ve been waiting months for our stuff.

I’ve been waiting on my staff to be converted and turned over since before the map change.

What about the issue of yknow the staff member that is supposed to do activity check but has delayed it for 3 weeks, therefore delaying giving krugmar nation status for 3 weeks

15 minutes ago, BenDaMack said:

What about the issue of yknow the staff member that is supposed to do activity check but has delayed it for 3 weeks, therefore delaying giving krugmar nation status for 3 weeks

I don’t think even the admins know where Seventh has gone at this point.

48 minutes ago, Old-Rattlesnake said:

There are people who still don’t have all their vault items back. Can that be prioritized before moving forward? We’ve been waiting months for our stuff.

2 hours ago, Old-Rattlesnake said:

I’ve been waiting on my staff to be converted and turned over since before the map change.

There are still people coming back on late and requesting their vault to be checked. In addition, there are a number of people who haven’t read the vault post and have yet to go to ct to claim their items. Make sure you check there first ?

6 hours ago, TarreBear said:

There are still people coming back on late and requesting their vault to be checked. In addition, there are a number of people who haven’t read the vault post and have yet to go to ct to claim their items. Make sure you check there first ?

Been checking every day since the CT chests went up. Still nothing. Made a modreq asking for more information, and it was closed without a response. I’ve been given no information, and my attempts to get information are falling on deaf ears.

15 minutes ago, Old-Rattlesnake said:

Been checking every day since the CT chests went up. Still nothing. Made a modreq asking for more information, and it was closed without a response. I’ve been given no information, and my attempts to get information are falling on deaf ears.

Yeah I still don't have any of my lore items, same deal, been checking plenty but I trust we're kinda in the same boat of having some high tier items that're probably causing problems/taking longer than others to handle, but it has been a long while. . .

Still removing my comments, without warning or any further information, so here I go again:

Why is there no word, in a community newsletter, about the rather obvious community discussions and sentiments related to staff and the various topics where players are clearly not satisfied with the staff? Do you think hiding these from a newsletter sends a positive message? Do you think hiding posts calling this out sends a positive message?

Spoiler

HPwCrNs.png