[✗] [Lore] Musketry

Hanrahan

Memes and jokes aside. I am seeing comments here stating "we have elven magic" and crossbows. Which are essentially the "same thing" or similar in nature. If so, then why not just add muskets then? If we have things already similar it should not tip the balance of power on the server. In the late medieval era we had muskets. Should add it then, muskets adds a whole new type of combat RP into the mix, a fresh face for old players and a fun experience for new players 

We do a little trolling

Just now, yandeer said:

so the answer to my rhetorical question was 'no, you cannot'

If you have to state the answer to your rhetorical question it probably wasnt that rhetorical...

In truth the people outside of the magic clique have no real idea what type of magic one has, most of us only really encounter it when the mage decides to walk up and rip apart our bodies at the molecular level or other such attacks. I mean no ill will against the mages. But its time for a change and I believe muskets offer that change. 

4 minutes ago, Urahra said:

would love to see some real good-faith critique rather than just a wave of "no's

I got you b

1. This doesn't use the correct format for a lore submission, so that should ideally be addressed.

2. Blackpowder must be created by an alchemist. How does this lore propose to work in conjunction with that bottleneck, considering alchemists can only make 3 things a day, even at their highest tier?

3. Although the 'consent clause' is considerate of other players on paper, I find two major issues with it. One, it leads to a big de-synchronisation of technology across the server, where you will have groups who have access to firearms and those who do not; which I theorise will lead to just jarring situations. Two, I suspect there will be a degree of minor, albeit present, bullying of players who refuse to indulge the gunpowder fantasies of this vocal minority who support firearms.

2 minutes ago, DrakeHaze. said:

If you've already added to the debate previously why bother posting again? This thread could have 200 people saying 'yes' that doesn't mean the lore goes through.

To add my dissatisfaction with the continuing spectacle of glockomancy of course.

<3 

3 minutes ago, Taketheshot said:

If you have to state the answer to your rhetorical question it probably wasnt that rhetorical...

In truth the people outside of the magic clique have no real idea what type of magic one has, most of us only really encounter it when the mage decides to walk up and rip apart our bodies at the molecular level or other such attacks. I mean no ill will against the mages. But its time for a change and I believe muskets offer that change. 

bro literally just read the magic lore and you'd know you sound ridiculous right now

Edited by Nozoa

2 minutes ago, Luciloo said:

One, it leads to a big de-synchronisation of technology across the server, where you will have groups who have access to firearms and those who do not;

Except it's already been clarified that there is no practical difference between crossbows and muskets, only an aesthetic one. So what is the problem?

the mage decides to walk up and rip apart our bodies at the molecular level or other such attacks.

That is not allowed my guy, whomever did so shouldn't have their whitelist accepted in the first place.

I mean no ill will against the mages.

Okay buddy.

I would love to see muskets, since they don't actually break RP anymore then forcing some poor soul to swallow a fireball is. It evens the playing ground a little in my honest opinion, since mages are basically gods among men.

+1

4 minutes ago, Taketheshot said:

As much as I’d love to see some sort of musket added to LOTC, I’d say this is the wrong take to have. Magic, especially Voidal is the weakest it’s been for a very long time. I don’t believe anyone has been thrashed by a mage in a longtime as well.

now that my meme is out of the way-
1. good lord
2. voidal magic... underpowered as all hell: source; have 3.
3. this happens time and time again, with the answer being NO.

4. it's not an 'i hate oren' thing, this is just an 'i hate something that would probably just end up being an oren niche'

image0.jpg

lmao nah, heard roblox has some good colonial rp servers tho!