[✓] [World Lore] [Lore Addition] Vehement Smithing & Draconic Artifice (Dracanium)

Use azdromoth's bones to make a tea cup

bet bet bet bet bet bet bet bet bet bet bet

good lore. you are truly the best writer on here please remember me when you make based swords. plz.

Ayy good **** yet again. Keep up the good work gamer +1 all the way.

based

very pog, this is such a good read.

love it, very well done kitty

more like vent sussing

On 7/28/2021 at 9:46 PM, Ryloth said:

This will allow the user who owns the scabbard to recall the weapon at any point from anywhere. In effect, this allows for the sword to be “soulbound” in a sense, though only to the individual in possession of the weapon. To recall the sword, the user will place a firm hand onto the scabbard where the rune is present. This firm grip will activate the rune, and in the next turn the sword will manifest inside the scabbard from where-ever it is in the world. It will initially take on an ashen aura before becoming mundane once more.

What is draconic about teleportation and how does it work? Is this only for swords? What about swords or weapons without scabbards? Is this rune not feasible for those kinds of weapons and are they still theftable? Do these weapons still have to be on your person to be used, or are you literally using the VIP definition?  Are there places or ways this sword couldn't be summoned: i.e distance, plane of existence, thanhium, or other magics?

What happens to runes in general when they interact with other magic? Thanhium? Aurum? Can i curse or augment the scabbard or blade that I find?

On 7/28/2021 at 9:46 PM, Ryloth said:

This charm can not knock-back any heavy-weight entity larger than a large orc, olog, golem, or atronach.

All of these things are drastically different weights.  The largest orc is only going to be 500-650 pounds, an olog around 1000, and golems and atronachs not being made of flesh drastically weight change on what core or material is used for them.  The wording makes it sound like it can knock back all of these things, so what can't it knock back? 

image.thumb.png.9082759d242c14afa5eea3ff5a67ec4f.png

The player is -

5 hours ago, Panashea said:

What is draconic about teleportation and how does it work? Is this only for swords? What about swords or weapons without scabbards? Is this rune not feasible for those kinds of weapons and are they still theftable? Do these weapons still have to be on your person to be used, or are you literally using the VIP definition?  Are there places or ways this sword couldn't be summoned: i.e distance, plane of existence, thanhium, or other magics?

Draconic summoning (rather than teleportation) is explained by the Bel-Zahkrii summoning spell of base Feat Heraldry and Ordained Heraldry, along with the Azdrazi's capability; it is essentially soul-binding of a weapon (without a scabbard) and quite literally places the item into a soul armory, though in this case the scabbard is the "armory" and therefore multiples can't be bound.

This sword can always be summoned no matter the area or plane of existence so long you have the scabbard. There is no limitation to it, because the scabbard is explained as the vessel in which the item is bound. In effect, it is the same as draan-binding but ONLY for dracanium weapons. While a dracanium weapon may have a dracanium hilt and a blade of some other kind, Draconic runes in all areas still function regardless of planes of existence, against thanhium, other magics, etcetera; there is no way to staunch it, as it's bound through the inscription itself. Theoretically you could damage the rune, or do what is described in the redlines (destroy the scabbard) and it would in thus also destroy the weapon if the weapon is not presently summoned into reality.

I suppose you could argue that the sword is not summonable between realms if it is left behind, but I would beg to see anyone try to do this ... it'd probably and hopefully be stopped by the ST overseeing this dimension change. Likewise would this apply to draan-binding. I would have to talk to Kalehart about that one (and they're welcome to encourage the redline if they think it'd be good) but if I add it here, it'd need to be added onto heraldry magic as well. Not sure how that works so I'll wait.

What happens to runes in general when they interact with other magic? Thanhium? Aurum? Can i curse or augment the scabbard or blade that I find?

Nothing. As this lore is based off of inscription of Ordained Heraldry, nothing can stop the rune except physically damaging it. There is another rune in Ordained Heraldry called Dratho-Zha -- which is a defensive enchantment. The only thing that can break the rune is disconnecting the rune's contact with the second. In effect, you have very physical ways to destroy these runes, rather than magical methods. This allows for anyone and everyone to break these runes without necessitation of acquiring further magics or ST-signed materials. Logically, a paladin's weapons might instantaneously destroy a rune per discretion of the ST if it is a significant lore item, but otherwise magic will not impact them unless described.

Cursing? I don't know, I honestly know very little about shamanistic magics. I do know the previous rewrite mentioned hex-warding but I removed it merely out of my own sheer ignorance of shamanism.

All of these things are drastically different weights.  The largest orc is only going to be 500-650 pounds, an olog around 1000, and golems and atronachs not being made of flesh drastically weight change on what core or material is used for them.  The wording makes it sound like it can knock back all of these things, so what can't it knock back? 

Specifically it won't knock those back and anything larger. I don't want to apply a weight because then humans, dwarves, etc will argue their giant armored suit they should probably not be moving in will not knock them back. I would say it won't knock back anything over the weight of 500-600lbs but it's just too technical to start getting into that. Really, it's just a knock-up for people and I want to avoid it being used against structures and large monsters because if it isn't listed, it can be abused. I reckon if anyone has trouble figuring out if something can't be knocked back, an SReq could solve the problem with a quick verdict.

The player is -

Will fix, thank you!

29 minutes ago, Ryloth said:

Will fix, thank you!

Yep, hope i didn't come across as condescending or spiteful, moreso just wanted to hash things out/explanations. Thanks for clearing up stuff for me 

Good luck on the submission