Providence; a Reflection of the Past

Ivoreyy

Anne of Crestfall lit a candle that night - remembering the short - yet enlightening moments she had spent with her paternal aunt. "Rest well, Aunt Eliza," she uttered under her breath as a tear made its way down the aging imperial's countenance.

From the Imperial Gardens, a twelve year old Juliya Rose sniffled through a tidal wave of juvenile tears, the Princess' Imperials grand tiara sitting lopsided on her own adolescent head.

"You are a Lady. A Basrid." The aged Princess spoke softly to the then tweenage Basrid. "Basrids do not fret over titles, or marriages. They've a much stronger blood and spirit."

"Lord knows, much stronger than I - and that has always been the case."

A now mother, Juliya Rose wandered through the gardens of Aldersberg after receiving the news just two hours ago. Tears had been spilled, of course, but now the princess found herself reflecting.

She had quite doubted her grandmothers statement, then, for the Princess Imperial was the strongest woman a girl could ever meet.

Joseph d'Azor frowned as he read the missive in one hand cradling his young daughter Valérie in his other arm, with fluid motion he sat the missive down upon the table in the d'Azor Estate library, a common area for him to relax in. Letting out a sigh he thought back to his conversations with the Princess Imperial, the warm smiles she would offer those she greeted, looking down at his daughter he quietly mused. "A great woman died today, one with many years of long service and many she counted among friends. May your life be as long and as rich as hers little gem." The man looked up and through the window to the sunlight streaming in through the glass, a new day. 

40 minutes ago, Axelu said:

The Countess of Temesch, Holy Dame Helena, congregated her children that night over dinner and commanded they join hands. With a countenance characterized by its a sober serenity, she told them, “Today, we celebrate your grandmother - a woman who persevered always, who set a precedent of strength and piety, and who will forevermore be remembered. Bless you, mother - imma, for your love was godsent in and of itself.” 

Robert Francis somberly takes the time to reflect on the words and deeds of his mother-in-law, wondering if the example she had set would be a lasting one.

The aging Caspian d'Arkent heard of the news whilst travelling, he sighed and stopped at a local inn, penning a letter for both the Count of Susa as well as Anthony Basrid. He uttered a prayer and lit a candle at his windowsill before getting ready for bed.

Josephine Augusta mourns a great woman who she knew little, but admired much.

[!] A figure sits a moment to rest in the Kharasi Oasis, sorting through letters from his homeland among his other belongings  and a satchel, in the midst of travel himself.

"Well today has been rather uneventful." Remarks the figure, none other than Beryl Jasper Carrington, continuing "There's no crisis back home and no-" He'd pause, noticing another letter among the missive, a black envelope sitting alone, grim and ominous. As he read the news of the passing, the ageing Rhenyar frowns deeply, grimacing as he'd sign the Lorraine "Tsk... The world has lost a great thinker and graceful soul in Banu Elizabeth, Mitras guide her to the seven skies.. I shall never forget all the fine discussions we had." He'd utter, signing the Lorraine to himself, as he gathered his belongings and continued on his path

As he walked along the sandy terrain, in the shadow of the titanic bones littered around the plains he'd produce a notebook full of parchment, and a small charcoal pencil, beginning by touching the pencil to paper... "To Anthony, To Helena, and to Lord Iskander of Susa." 

Safiye welcomed the well watched over and loved Elizabeth into the skies. 

From her place upon the roads of Almaris, Charlotte Augusta heard of her aunt's demise whilst taking shelter in a roadside inn for the evening. 

"Another blow to myself and to Oren, it seems. We shall never see one like her again." She'd nod, requesting a candle from the innkeep to light that evening in her late-aunt's honor.

Take it easy out there, took me a while to organize some things in my life before I felt I was in a better place, and leaving LoTC really helped me with that.