A Response to the Officiated Inquest of Incident in Year 66

beetle

A Response to the Officiated Inquest of Incident in Year 66

6th of The Sun's Smile, SA 68

G1TKgXi9ZwcXmVb6RuA0UQ0PGStkUI0JqK_M2aQBC6w3Cd0raO-kOpnzwOh3M35n8xxWUKXDWTAXmuabgnWzEfbIoMGL1h1oChGyD_Ht8b87x6xbleTt5dZ5eKIxqAswmk-a3Qt9

CpmnumVLXL-k-HvGSUDURKbSzk31ZR27lEM1Ai0xI68qG9pFjUwuBwjiSRJatNdl7_i2R1kBvj6_Abg-EWknTwA_7IR7v5Q8Lwo0cUNzE7fYsAUrYj5Vz6tbKVFBLsHJxyXOgDz_

To Whomever It Concerns,

To start this off, I'm an extremely reserved person. I do not share my traumas, stories, feelings with anyone. However, the situation my family is involved in has become public which I will address in this statement.

On Year 66 there was an incident at my manor on the estate I share with the Elysian Mondblumes. It escalated very quickly but intentions were not malicious in any way.

Ehrendil Taliame'onn had come over to visit me and brought over his friend Leika de Astrea. During the interaction by the gate, I had received a bird from a Liluth Solros wanting to talk. I told my youngest daughter, Andora, to take them inside as I awaited for Liluth's arrival.

Liluth and I went to the Mondblume manor to talk briefly before bringing Ehrendil over - so they could talk too. They were dealing with a miscommunication, a conflict between two which I will not disclose. During that time, my second oldest, Arcelia, came over wanting to visit. They realized that the talk between Liluth, Ehrendil, and I was private, heading over to where Andora and Leika were.

As the three of us talked, we suddenly heard a thud from my manor. I hurried over to see what was going on. Liluth and Ehrendil followed. When I entered the room, I saw Areclia very agitated - on the edge. It turns out, Leika had voidal magic and casted (according to my girls - they were the only witnesses there).

If anyone knows vodial magic and knows my child, voidal is extremely dangerous to epiphytes. Too long of exposure could potentially kill one.

We all started freaking out and going back and forth. Unkind things were said between the 6 of us. In the end, Leika kept harassing Liluth verbally because of a conflict between each other and Ehrendil - which I had mentioned before. I repeatedly told Leika to leave since her existence could potentially kill my own child. 

Leika did not leave and continued to bicker back and forth with Liluth until she lunged herself onto her. Arcelia stepped in before she had the chance. As the rest of us continued to tell her to leave, she did not. Andora stood up from her seat and punched Leika, trying to get her to stop her stubbornness. She also did it because Leika is a threat towards Arcelia - all Andora wanted to do was protect her older sibling.

Unfortunately, the hit was hard enough to make her go unconscious. I had passed out shortly after from all the stress from the situation.

This is my statement and this is what I know, heard, and saw. I did not see the reason to do anything sooner because usually in these types of situations, you would've been contacted and asked for a report.

Two years, nothing. Not a single letter, not a single mention of anything. I did not see the point to go and report after time had passed since I did not hear a report from her. I did not want to over step. But then the missive was published. 

I will not be commenting on the situation publicly from this point on. If you wish to talk, send me a letter.

Dr. Esmeralda Mariana Guenevere de la Luz, Protector of the Hyspians,

Elysian Post & Postal Founder, & Acting Chancellor of Culture

XmyE_ayeUkla1cTbe-EXUN147i2toW3pzFTCPDESVJI3aRCA3N2s0DpuDJtBIlTkV989EzHtWyd7Tui6FmRpW4Z03JFsdInmTUQwdsLn5xVgRoYRXn_oUHLgblAJuOHMaAKLkseB

Gk_CsrzRRGi9_JfSCtvu9LAH2epXn6WXmKJ8QYBMB5DaLRZmce_XLK8AJ54aXKpFhrTY0NtwqBjn-amIgZqBAPDwQUY4_ZlnwRt4LgN6Ru3dl8Jq5x8eDjKSkIjBY42TO--v8Jka

CpmnumVLXL-k-HvGSUDURKbSzk31ZR27lEM1Ai0xI68qG9pFjUwuBwjiSRJatNdl7_i2R1kBvj6_Abg-EWknTwA_7IR7v5Q8Lwo0cUNzE7fYsAUrYj5Vz6tbKVFBLsHJxyXOgDz_

Spoiler

ooc:

responding to

Liluth Solros reads the missive with a nod. "this was the right thing to do, if Elysium deems in necessary to involve the world on a matter that could of been privately handled then Emerald was in the right. She is standing up to this slander upon her family something maybe I should do as well."  The elven woman makes her way to her close llir's manor with a basket of flowers and baked goods in hand.

Somewhere up north A high elven woman receives the missive a look of disgust as she reads it. " They slander my aunt's family name and expect nothing to happen."  she seeths as she takes a seat at her desk and prepares to write some letters. "enough is enough with these fools thinkin they are above everyone else, I think it is time to tell my story and call in some favors."   the elfess finishes the letters and sends them off before starting a missive of her own. "no one messes with my family."

Edited by Sunflower

A strange high elf reads the missive, walking through the streets of Elysium in the middle of the night muttering to himself "Down with the patriarchy" before throwing his cloak around his body, his form disappearing into the shadows of the city.

Arcelia Jupiter Guenevere de La Luz held a few owls in her arms - helping them preen, until one had returned onto the windowsill, bearing a letter of his mother's name and stamp. Curious, the epiphyte pried it from the bird's talons and read through and through, brows knit in idle consideration followed by a scoff - one of disbelief and mirthlessness for the whole situation.

"Well said, Mama. I'd like to see what they have to say to the real and true story - Qué montón de idiotas."

The Lubba Keep Lawyers are ready to take the case

Spoiler

7FA3903B-A096-41E9-9117-461AC8D7DF44.webp.1f6f137830c8508cf4ca30233defd058.webp

"Oh boy, here we go" Andora Jasmine Guenevere de la Luz muttered to herself upon reading the missive in her family's dining room, a quiet chuckle escaping her. "I wonder how long it'll take for them to start angrily accusing us of lying and slanding their name"

2 minutes ago, Generi said:

"Oh boy, here we go" Andora Jasmine Guenevere de la Luz muttered to herself upon reading the missive in her family's dining room, a quiet chuckle escaping her. "I wonder how long it'll take for them to start angrily accusing us of lying and slanding their name"

Liluth walks into the manner with her gifts. "Ome'ii they do that already, they have yelled at me for speaking elvish and you know they will do what they can to protect their own."

Amaesil frowns as he reads the missive. "To save one's child is always the best decision. I pray Elysium sees this."

Wyn reviewed the missive from a dinner table, extinguishing a guilty cigarette with a sigh and a crease to her brow - her sympathies with the mother, her mind on the power dynamics at play.

".....Politics."

Lubba Keep Lawyer Hogo Bojo the First would pack his briefcase as he got his materials ready for the upcoming trial.

The silver haired Lunaran Guard frowns as he reads up all the missive he missed during his rest, His heart growing heavy with the fighting between houses and the attack upon those he pledge to care. "And so they confess to their crimes and many more. Not reporting such a thing to the guard as well" A deep sigh escapes the old elf as he shakes his head. Still more he grows saddened from such people within his city and its government committing such crimes and covering them up. Leaving back to the keep of the Lunaran Guard he sits by the pond to clear his head and write a letter to his fellow Guards.

Raises an eyebrow reading the missive "A simple inquest to further investigate...yields this?" Alona compares the inquest and the response with a puzzled look and a hum "I wonder where the blame lies? Simply just stating where it happened... Not who the other party was." Alona leaves the missive in its place for the other members to read inside Cathay.

Alphonse squints at the bottom of the page as he reads to himself.

"Founder of the Elysian post? We have a post? I've never seen it." he mutters, shrugging as he tosses the paper to the side and continues on his way.

Togrim wants the post so he can drink coffee and read the newspaper every morning, but there is no Elysium post, it is a myth like taxes and the bigfoot