Where's the French Players?

GMRO

Hello,

I've recently thought about players I don't see on the server. For some reason I see a large amount of Dutch, Flemish, Scandinavian, Italian, Israeli and even players from the Balkans on LOTC. But I have to ask, where are the players from France? I barely see any. Maybe they're in hiding. The same goes for players from Spain, Mexico and so on. Where are they? Is there versions of roleplay in Spanish and France? Those versed in these languages would be helpful to sate mild interest.

Hello, GMRO, as we just discussed in VC this very moment, I do believe that as the Lord of the Craft is a very Anglophone Minecraft roleplay server, the obvious deduction would be that those within other language spheres, such as the Francophone, which we see a great absence of on our server, would maintain their own Minecraft roleplay servers within their language. This principle could also apply the Spanish, the Chinese, and possible even the Japanese, of which we scarcely see around this server, at least from my own knowledge. Your lack of interest in the Asian language spheres and their presence on this server makes me believe that you have an incredibly Eurocentric, or perhaps even a strictly Anglocentric view of this server, which I believe is a mentality that needs to change for this server to push forward to finally reach the Road to 500.

98,090 French Man Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

salut : )

7 minutes ago, GMRO said:

Hello,

I've recently thought about players I don't see on the server. For some reason I see a large amount of Dutch, Flemish, Scandinavian, Israeli 

they all speak english and no one speaks their languages. there really aren't that many of them either

Italian,

tf are you seeing all these italians? ive met like 2 ever

and even players from the Balkans on LOTC.

yeah this is a weird one. balkanoids are all over the internet. every website you go onto there's a wildly disproportionate # of them arguing about the yugoslav wars

Just now, argonian said:

tf are you seeing all these italians? ive met like 2 ever

two more than I have ever met french people, which is weird considering france is bigger

There is a lot of French Canadians i guess but who the hell likes the French. They don't even like themselves 

I believe it has to do with the slander they would receive for certain events that happened 80 years ago.

@Tythus @Telanir

Hello. I believe that it is essential that the server demographics (particularly where the players log on from, nation-wise that is, I could care less about @Fionn__TWG's coordinates, which I already have). Please make an effort to respond to this thread with the according server demographics, so we can truly see the makeup of this server which we know and love, I believe this will be a big step forward in increasing our playerbase, since, after all, we do wish to reach 500!

1 minute ago, Gusano said:

I could care less about @Fionn__TWG's coordinates, which I already have

Every day I live in fear knowing Gus could just stroll up to my house.