AQUILA VOLAT ULTRA

Harald

h8MuN4kOsVwA6qb_xGlD1-QqRP1Xwfdn-JeGIT2dVMah5rP72CksBRjH2x8ud3P6-1nbvrk8V_pPhRGN5s_RWMSWmpjyB_faertXZrxtZmPANeVvywxGcqeL7Lv5L_hxmq8uE2ajOrUC80THebxkoKjTGHp0WiNVFuDxO9ryy2EsN_3PZWEPkJt1Yg

AQUILA VOLAT ULTRA

“The Eagle fly’s beyond”

In the year of our Lord,

18th of the First Seed 1806 I.M.T

6th of Owyn’s flame 27 B.A

ncMhZ5F1fwYXsIRMEFWm5ZuUyrCTRjL0UezLK3v8jNDrZ0tsw-CRkBf2ogmbGiIfGFtV5eNdedaP_YoVkFn7iPx3Ux1RYa9RSiwr2sjgi-Gw62aI3IVrWkMEdxQ8GLd9tZgKsQPV1uZYRFuVO4JWuNBiyMBsGNxZpYjoq5JD0VO6JLIhf4TiQn6vvw

h8MuN4kOsVwA6qb_xGlD1-QqRP1Xwfdn-JeGIT2dVMah5rP72CksBRjH2x8ud3P6-1nbvrk8V_pPhRGN5s_RWMSWmpjyB_faertXZrxtZmPANeVvywxGcqeL7Lv5L_hxmq8uE2ajOrUC80THebxkoKjTGHp0WiNVFuDxO9ryy2EsN_3PZWEPkJt1Yg

Imperial Crowns

Rev had never been one invited to noble courts and dances, yet a lot of his youth had been spent studying the Imperial Crown, their courts, their laws and systems. He had the luck of the fact that his father was the Imperial Chamberlaine thus making it easy to follow with his father into the Augustine when he went there for his clerical duties. 

Rev was quite early on deadset on a few things, he wished to aid his family grow in the world. They were known for their clerical ancestors and their services to the church, yet not much for anything else. While he was a strong believer in the faith and its duties, he did not feel a pull towards working within the institution his father and grandfather had given their lives to.

Screams

That's all Rev could remember from the ninth nordling war, the bloodshed, those lost. Even though the war was short lived the battle itself was intense. He remembered fighting next to his father and older brother, only to be surrounded. cut over the back leaving him with a hefty scar. Yet it was the mental scar of seeing his brother falling lifeless to the ground that he would never quite be able to forget. 

Love

He remembered his youth in the Empire. feeling as a misfit, never truly fitting in with the nobles and aspiring youths. It was not before his mid 20s when he found his place in the Empire by joining the office of Civil Affairs.

It was here he would meet his later to be wife Diana d’Azor while working in the Immigartion office. The two came to the realization they had fallen for one another, yet both unhappily married. Thus they stayed friends for many years before Diana’s spouse died and Rev seeked a dissolution of his marriage on the grounds of abandonment towards him and his children. The pair some years later marry, being blessed with a beautiful son.

It must be said, had it not been for her. Rev would never have lived to see his family grow the way it has. As before they met the man was plagued with a darkness of his own mind and creation. He felt alone in this world, a memory always returning to him in his later years when he’d remember how she saved him. As there he stood on top the roof of the Cathedral, feeling the cold breeze touch upon his face as he stepped closer to the edge. Yet suddenly he’d hear someone shout from down upon the ground. And there she stood, her golden hair taken by the wind, a true saving grace.

tcJjqNhpS7il6u2cWo74n6okl0b11WPXY2VjJqA9YIQh5YAZMBA7mT4aYIkWLo-dPDzXm7Pbd91i6TcjTcpxGrB7LwcHV73ftgkC-JdMM252oQSE_ReOeFtJ0RhaCvGDiqLlq5EGveMWuwDK-R34IDM5FDfcBw3neYpyrdnY5SwN3CA9Pnw6JN2CAg

A painting of Sir Rev Vuiller and his wife Dame Diana V. Vuiller ca. 1860.

Cathedral Bells

During the War of the wigs. attacks upon New Providence were violent and far inbetween. It was upon one of these days that Rev heard the bells of the cathedral ring, signaling another attack had occurred. Rushing towards the cathedral he’d see the stream of blood leaving the stairs before looking up. There he laid, his father Johan.. an aged priest and Holy Knight with a blade sticking out of his chest. memories would flood Rev’s mind, all the times his father had left for battle when he was younger. Yet he had always returned home, but this time one thing was for certain. Johan would not return home.

Broken hearts

Not long after their fathers passing, Rev would return home to their estate of Vuillermoz, only to find his family gathered within the entry hall. A certain demeanor filling the halls. His sister Mink had suffered a heart attack. dying not long after. Leaving only him and his sister Ravn from the generation that had come after their father.

The Brothers War

Screams, streams of blood, the clashing of metals connecting echoed within the forests of the Grenz. As Rev returned to his family estate he saw nothing else. bodies laid lifeless upon the ground outside, as well as within his own home. Ivan var Ruthern was one of them, an old friend, the Duke of Rutov gone. A panic filled him, why had his family been attacked once more? He looked at the different people who laid there, Orenians all of them were Orenians. 

For Rev it seemed clear, his family had yet to make an official declaration of whom they supported in the Brothers War, yet the usurpers of Fredrick had attacked his family and house. a fury sparked, one of hatred and anger. A spark that would burn until the end of his life.

The Ember sun

It seemed endless, the burning of the sun upon their backs. They walked for what seemed like years, yet in truth it had only been a limited time since the Saint Ari´s day Massacre. They innocents had run towards the ship while the troops fought against the usurpers of Fredrick. They walked hungry and dehydrated from the lack of natural water sources. Knowing that night would once more soon fall upon them, a decision was made to climb a nearby mountain to get a high ground during the night.  

Once reaching the top, they would see sources of water, and once John Casimir (Later John I) took a stand upon the Rock of Revelations God showed him a sign. They had found our new home, and it was at this mountain they would create the City of Atrus and Kingdom of Balian.

Fire & Smoke

Smoke, that would be the first thing he noticed on his way back to Balian from a meeting he had partaken in outside of their borders. The aged man gripped onto the mane of his horse as he’d sent it to sprint. Entering the city gates, he would ride up towards the palace entry running behind the palace towards his family home seeing it ablaze. His eyes fell upon his daughter in law Rosemary as well as his grandchild Johanne. While the men of the Company of Balian worked on making the flames settle, a panic filled him. The hours felt like days, before they were able to enter their home.. and there he was. burnt to a crisp his firstborn son and heir, Kristian H. Vuiller.

The loss of another

It has only been a few years since the passing of his son, Rev, a once charismatic and loving man having grown colder after his son's passing. These days only his wife could usually form a smile upon the aging man's face. Yet her declining health constantly gave the man a heartache. The fight of losing her or another of his children constantly fills the man. 

Therefore when he heard the bell had been rung signaling a bandit attack his heart would pause. The man walked towards the balcony of his office to see what he could spot, yet nothing seemed to be in view. He'd rush towards the Vuiller trident bringing it with him as he rushed towards the streets of Atrus, yet the enemies were gone. But the sight that met him filled the man with an anger he had yet to experience in his life. Kristofer, his second son laid there, his blood stained the streets. Rev would rush over, falling to his knees trying to aid his son but it was already too late, he had already passed before he had been successful in reaching him. Thus, another of his sons was readied and brought to the Vuiller crypts, where he was put to rest with the rest of their ancestors. 

Kingdom Come

Towards the last 20 years of his life, Rev would serve as the Seneschal of Balian. Upon accepting the position he would find himself standing upon the walls of Atrus looking over the surrounding lands with John Casmir (later known as John I).  They spoke for a while looking over the realm and lands around them, and for both of them it was clear. Their last duty during their life would be to see the Grand Duchy of Balian grow to the Kingdom it is today. An oath was sworn between the two brethren of the old Empire, an oath to do all in their power to ensure they would see to it that an even greater Kingdom would rise from the ashes of the Empire.

The last Address

It all seemed like a normal day, Rev would have woken up going to ready two cups of tea placing one by the night stand next to his sleeping wife. After this he’d ready some food, taking it with him as he took a walk around the city. He quite enjoyed this little part of his daily routine, watching as the city would slowly wake up. Yet, he could notice a few figures close by the palace who seemed estranged to the man. hed walk towards them shouting to try and get their attention simply wishing to speak to them. Yet once they heard the aged man they would rush off, vanishing somewhere within the city. 

The day carried out as usual from there one, Rev would walk towards his office and ready some papers, keeping a clear system in his letters between the different ministers and their reports. Then once it got closer to dinner time he would walk back home going to enjoy supper and a glass of red wine with his wife. After this he would once more get into more formal clothing and ready himself for the address with her aid “How do i look love? is it fine? i feel as if i’m missing something..” he’d question her, tilting his head as he stood within their living room. “Your look dashing my dear” she would smile to him, walking up as he’d place her hand upon his cheek ensuring he held his head high “And soon my love, we shall get to retire hm? so now keep your head up dear” His smile would grow a bit larger, he felt a sense of luck, having gotten to live and grow old with Diana, just as they had dreamt of when they were younger in the Empire. “What would I ever do without you by my side, hm?” He responded, finally getting ready to leave.

He’d take a stand next to his Majesty John I during the royal court listening closely as the King would speak, after which it was time for his Address on the State of the Kingdom. He’d take a stand in front of the throne, keeping one hand upon the cane of his grandfather as he looked over those gathered, a faint smile forming upon his face as he looked to his wife within the crowd, and thus he began.

During the Address, everything would go as planned, he’d look out over the crowd, and there they were once more, the hooded figures from earlier that day.Yet he did not see their faces, they merely stood there and watched. Rev would continue on finishing up the address on time he would smile looking over the crowd before walking taking his leave.

The last flight

The months went past, And after a few long conversations he and his wife made the choice of taking some time away to just relax and enjoy their life with one another in their old age. They left Atrus in the morning going to a cabin hidden upon a mountain a bit away from the capital where they intended on building their new estate. The days spend planning and thinking of the joy of retiring to their new home. They had both grown old and were able to live out the dream they both dreamt of in their younger years, and not only had their dreams come true, they had come true with one another. 

Thinking back upon these fond memories, Rev had decided to surprise his wife by traveling to their old estate in what once were the Empire looking for their hot air balloon. For some this might seem foolish, but for him, it was what he connected to some of his fondest memories in his life, spent with Diana. It was where he had confessed his love, and where they would run away to hide from the busy city life of Providence. But not only that, it was where he had asked her to be his. 

They would soon be up in the air, flying over the desert as they would look over the horizon and during this, the smile upon his face would not fade in the slightest and a pure joy filling his very core.

After they once more landed the road would lead them back to Atrus, spending some time with their family before the two elder Vuillers would make their way back to their home for the evening tea. Taking a seat on their bench looking over the horizon, their arms intertwined. In this moment of beauty he’d kiss her head smiling to her before his eyes would close one final time. The aged man passing away peacefully next to his wife.

His Excellency, the Lord Seneschal,

SIR REV VUILLER DE AQUILEA,

CONDE DE AQUILEA

[!]After his passing, a few envelopes could be found containing letters resting upon his desk, each of these would then proceed to be delivered to whom they were addressed. 

Diana.

Spoiler

"My sweetheart.. Where should I begin? For more than sixty years now have I loved you, and for closer to fifty of them I was able to call you my Wife. A joy and something I have carried proudly with me during it all, during our hardships, war, deaths and good health. One thing has been certain. Never would I have survived any of it without you. 

You have stood by my side during it all, from our time as simple workers within the Immigration office to Solicitor-General and lastly as The Lord Seneschal, from commoner to Count you were there as my safe haven and rock and a life without you is one I would not be able to bare live in nor would i care to either.

While we have reached old age with one another we always dreamt of, I would have wished we had been able to spend more time resting at our estate, picking fruits and grapes, reading good books and enjoying our daily afternoon tea.  Yet duty has kept us both rather busy has it not been sweetheart? 

While I now take it that God has taken me from this realm, one thing shall be certain, I will be awaiting you at the entry of the Seven skies with my arm’s open wide next to our own kin and our children.

Yours truly and forever, Rev."

Ledicort.

Spoiler

"My dear boy, my little Ledi. You have grown to become a great man, one I know both myself and your mother is proud to call our son. You have followed not only in my own footsteps but in those of your name sake Ledicort d’Azor’s a man who was not only your grandfather, but one I held in the highest regard all of my life.

While I may no longer be alive to guide you nor enjoy seeing you and your children succeed further in life, know this. I will keep watch on you from the Seven skies where we shall meet once again. Watch over the others Ledicort, as my last living son this is a duty that falls upon you, to watch over them and to guide them. 

I love you, Rev."

Johanne.

Spoiler

"Now Johanne it seems your time has come hm? It is you who shall carry on our House, one of great history and tradition. Traditions I expect of you to keep alive and to ensure are followed and teached to the younger generations. The burden of leading the house is a heavy one. But one I pray I have made you ready for. 

Remember this, that an eagle can only fly as long as his wings allows him to. You must learn to take a step back from time to time and look over the greater picture before acting. Your duty first and formerly to this house and its members, not your own glory or other material things. 

Ensure to teach Godric these values and traditions, and keep our members safe. And remember that I’m proud of you and shall look forward to seeing what you may become and where you will bring our house.

Yours truly, granderpapej"

Rosemary.

Spoiler

"My sweet child, We have not always seen eye to eye on matters of blood and family. Yet I pray there is no doubt in your heart that I see you as one of my own. From the days of your friendship to Kristian I had hoped that he would one day ask of you to be his wife. Luckily for me he did in the end man up to ask.

You have been an important member of my family, supposed to be the Consort of our house once Kristian were to take my place. Sadly this was a day I knew i would never see myself, but that we all were stripped of seeing with his untimely death.

As I know we both mourn his passing, know this Rose, that both he and I shall be watching over you from the Seven skies and welcome you once you arrive. Please, look after the children, as they have been one of my largest joys.

Rev"

Godric

Spoiler

"While you are still a young little one, I pray I have left at least a slight impression upon you. You have a lot to learn, and quite the life ahead of you as you will now become the Heir of this great house. And while I may no longer be here to tell you stories or teach you of our history and our House know this Godric, I’m proud of who you this far have become and who you eventually will become. 

There is much you are yet to learn about leading our house, But all of this will occur in due time. Watch over your siblings and family, as it is they who will have your back in hardships in life and may you prosper into a great man.

Make me proud.

Yours truly, Great grandpapej Rev”

Iulius.

Spoiler

"My dear boy, my son. I must admit, when we first met never did I think our relationship would become one of such strong bond as it has. The man from Haense who wished to marry my daughter, I man I at first did not accept nor believe to be worthy of such a marriage. Yet it must be mentioned that we were at war. Yet you have become someone I'm proud to call my son. 

Take care of yourself, ensure to live your life happily. Contine to aid your people and care for your own family, but never forget that if you shall ever need it you have a family in Balian and the Vuillers. I shall watch over you and look forward to the time we may meet again.

Yours truly, Rev"

To the Vuillers.

Spoiler

"While I may no longer be here to lead our house, know this. All of you who carry our name have made me proud. What we have been able to achieve with one another is astonishing. You all carry the blood of Saint Harald and a rich history. Remember this. Never forget who we are, and never turn your backs upon our family. 

I love you all, and shall watch over all of you from the skies. and Remember that with the Eagles farsight we reign victorious."

Diane.

Spoiler

"Dear Diane, while we have not interacted too much during your life, know it's not a fault of your own, but rather a distaste I never were able to shake off regarding the union between your father and mother. A union I never supported nor gave my approval off.  A marriage in which I could see my own son falter more and more with each year, feeling a sense of losing my own child.

It is no hidden truth that I hold no love for your mother, knowing of her sins and crimes against my own name and house, as well as against your father. But know that the one good thing, and the one thing I’m happy with from that union is yourself. While I condemn your mother, and deny her ties to myself and my name, I do not hold the same regard against you nor your children. 

Know that i love you, 

Grandpapej Rev"

To the people of Balian.

Spoiler

"To the people of Balian, I shall keep this short. I wish to thank you all for giving me this chance, to trust in a aged man to lead our government and even having served as Regent during a two year period. 

While I would have wished to achieve more during my life for our nation, I'm proud of what we have achieved with one another. We have grown from exiles of the Empire to a Kingdom worth note in the history books. 

While I’m proud of where we are, there is more to be done, But as my last promise made during my time as Seneschal I leave behind the ready plans for the expansion of our city.

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES.

Yours truly,

The Lord Seneschal, Sir Rev Vuiller."

[OOC:]

Spoiler

Hello you beautiful bastards. I just wanted to take a little time to say thank you to everyone who has interacted with me and effected the story of Rev in one way or another. I would have wished to thank everyone personally, yet there are far to many to mention. Therfore it's better this way as if no one is mentioned no one is forgotten.

I wanna start of by thanking my Vuiller's. It has been a long road with a lot of ups and downs during this adventure. Seeing how the family has grown since it's founding back in 2019 truly amazes me and I'm so thankful for everyone who has taken part of it in one way or antoher during the period where I have lead it and I look forward to watching the new generation take the wheel and see what y'all are able to do with it.

I must also thank the people of the Old Empire for giving me the chances I was given there, from joining the empire back in the A.I.S war and staying until the fall of the Empire earlier this year.

And to the community of Balian, I wanna thank all of you for putting your trust in me, and for joining us as we have created this community for ourselves. We have reached Nationhood, seen our activity numbers have grown, we have been able to expand and see our community and culture grow and I'm so happy to have been able to partake in this journey. 

This is by no means a goodbye as I’m yet to break the curse of this server, but I just wanted to take some time to say a few things seeing how this persona has this far been the one where I feel as if I have been able to achieve the most and enjoy the journey of doing so. 

Lots of love, 

Harald.

At the announcement, the Princess Augustina will be demolished. Rev, you've never had the chance to meet my kids. I want to thank you, Rev., for taking care of me while my father was occupied and away performing duties. I appreciate you making me aware of who I am. Rest well Grandpa Rev” The letter is folded and placed in Augustina's treasured box.

King John of Balian yes widen as he heard the news, "Is it true?" The King paused slowly struggling to sit down, "Our dream. . . is finished."

Edited by Imperium

Anna Mariya let out a laugh as she welcomed Rev. "You took your damn sweet time getting here. Come I have carrion and some cigars as we catch up.."

Rosemary returned to the place she had been speaking with her father-in-law, having departed to send off a letter. She did not find him there, assuming that the aged man had returned to his quarters to rest. The next morning, the servants of the house went to awake the sleeping Count and Countess-consort. As they entered, the servants raised the alarm. Rosemary rushed to the room, still in her nightgown. She lot out shaking sobs only until her daughter came, at which time she composed herself, putting on a strong face for the new Countess.

A servant delivered the news to Princess Persephone as she conversed with her dear friend Vladimir. She was near inconsolable at the loss of the man who was a grandpater to her.

A young Vuiller boy sat at the kitchen table, having met  his grandfather just a few days prior to his passing he'd peer to Ledicort's letter after he'd opened it of course. Reading it's contents the Alf shed no tear, no, he grew silent, instead he'd pick up a packet of sunflower seeds, leaving the table without a word, the boy opened the door, greeted by the scorching sun of the desert, in a moment alone he did shed a tear, then two, until he was simply balling his eyes out. The boy scrunched up the packet of seeds, "I will be wise grandpapej, for you, for father. I just wish you'd had more time" spoke the boy before slinking off into the empty streets for some much needed isolation.

Ledicort Vuiller would read his letter, however would drop it within seconds of realising what it was meaning. Something would overcome him, an emotion he had only truly felt thrice before with his siblings, complete grief and anguish. No words would come from the man, only tears and wails as he attempts to deal with the pain he felt

Laurelie de Pelear Vuiller would have just gotten home to put little Veronica to bed, her heart so full of love & joy. While she felt awkward speaking to her uncle after so long.... she got to speak with him. Maybe this was the start of the mend of their relationship? A knock at the door. A man she didn't know handed over a missive, leaving just as fast as he came. "To The Vuillers" she felt a pit start to grow in her stomach, gulping she moved to get her letter opener. The sound of slicing paper, her eyes gazed over the missive... "Did I make you proud?" was all she could muster to say before tears started to fill her eyes. Another father gone.... but at least this one wasn't gutted like a fish, so at least there is that! Still those that lived in her house hold would not see her for the rest of the night. She would do her best to keep the promise made to the man.

Victoria d'arkent would look to Rev as he joined the seven skies a smile on her face to him.

Alexandros face turned sour as the news was broken to him. "Thank you for everything you did for my family, Lord Rev. May you rest well among your ancestors." He offered to the air around him- he found himself minute's later in the Church, idly lighting a candle to be left on a small table near the entrance, before departing.

Aging he was, but young he still looked. Sitting in front of a tea shop, he slowly took a sip from an old bottle of red wine and peered to the sky, watching an eagle fly past. "Et's been a while. Shame the letter arrived too late." He spoke in a somber tone, crumpling up a letter he'd just gotten before he heard of the news of his father's death. "A shame. A shame the spark lit up the eagle's nest. I wonder when it will go out."

Dona Johanne Vuiller, once heiress and now Countess felt the letter crumple partly within hand, exhaling a slow breath in an attempt to get her bearings but her breath caught. Her throat tightened, and tears welled. She'll be responsible later, now, she clutched at her husbands shirt as she cried over the passing of her grandfather.

Dona Ravn Vuiller clutched at her chest, a familiar feeling over these years, beginning with her sisters and husbands death coming over her. The news brought upon a heart attack, the last of the thirteen siblings lasting only minutes after the letters are received before she was gone, too. To the Seven Skies, finding solace within her father's arms once more in death.

Iulius Vernhart had hardly made it home from visiting his father when he heard the news, then read the message. The weak man, frail and old fell to his knees, the stone before his home scrapping his knees. “You cannot go.” He cried out knowing there was not end… not until his own end. The aged, place Vernhart slowly raised, arms and legs wobbling aggressively as he struggled to stand. He felt the cool blood slide down his foreleg. The oldest Vernhart made his way inside before falling once more at the alter of Saint Harald.

R

21 minutes ago, tadabug2000 said:

Dona Ravn Vuiller clutched at her chest, a familiar feeling over these years, beginning with her sisters and husbands death coming over her. The news brought upon a heart attack, the last of the thirteen siblings lasting only minutes after the letters are received before she was gone, too. To the Seven Skies, finding solace within her father's arms once more in death.

Another knock.... so soon? Laurelie broke down on the door step of her home, for the first time in her life after her father's death the woman left broken, not only did she just lose her basically second father, but her mother too. Oh what a world. After what left like hours, days even. What had really only been minutes. She wiped away her tears collect herself, and do her very best to be there for her children & her family. Let's not cry because they are gone, cry because they where here.

Kin would drink some tea, with the ghost of his memories. As the tea house workers started to play some music. He would get up & dance the waltz by himself like usual..... or was it? Some might have heard him muttering 'May I have this dance Lady Ravn?'