A HOPE OF JUSTICE

Harald

A HOPE OF JUSTICE

R0LnLIScOsAGiVxK1l7JtESQRAVc0YItDiJ_6_Zrwc5VCSQX7f90-yJqgRGETO5AcnhkYXktIpFJ2A8vcM_UnvG_kjC9pyDtSSU0E0MkGtcJX0wQFZijCseYVEf_bFa5_all8I1BU90DfMnhaIgDcuE

r18N-8Dfz3tXfzBn4y8u_h8MxxHUdeQA9-r3XFUj0NIwHR2vpDH6m95w8mW-se7DzBGR66d5Sl-mHDNQu6AQEUc4_tDBge9rzYLuwSGhJCFAM1NVxZNqz3oieSol_pkNR2k3_E_I1kzj0NdV2EcK1nc

More than a decade has passed since the accusations against me were raised by my once beloved little sister. Accusations not only breaking my character and going against who I am, but ones breaking up our family. I have been a man living a simple life since birth, having been born in Acre by my mother Victoria Vasile and father Marius Vilac. Raised within their walls until stumbling after my father to Balian where he left me with my siblings on the promise that he would return soon. Yet my father never return. 

As the oldest of thirteen children, it fell upon myself to take care of my siblings, Azrielle being one of them. And while I do admit that I was never the best parent seeing how merely a child when my father passed. No one can say that I did not try my hardest to ensure their childhood was one in which they felt safe and had what they needed. While being able to strike a deal ensuring they all had a place to sleep and be safe I myself spent eight years sleeping on the pews of the Basilica within Atrus. The very same Basilica I expect to be summoned to now to stand trial for the accusations raised against me.

Let it be known, that once the summonings by the Holy Mother Church and her Tribunal comes, I shall answer it, I shall arrive and stand before the tribunal while they decide if they find me innocent or guilty in what I have been accused of. My prayers have been that they will see sense, and that even if I'm found guilty of a crime I did not commit, I only hope they will hold their penance to be fair and just, rather than the penance served my beloved brother Antonius of whom I shared a womb. That my head does not end up on a pike as he did without trial. 

It is on this promise that I shall heed their judgment and arrive at their summons to face the penance they might see fit. Therefore I, Sir Gwendel Victor Simon Vilac, humbly request the Auditor of the Tribunal to be allowed to return home to Balian, to spend these last remaining months with my wife and children before my Trial, in the case that I do not get to see them again after. Allow me this, as a will of good faith and trust in the judgment of our Holy Mother Church and their jurisdiction.

May Godan hold us dear, and keep us safe, as he is the Creator of all. Amen.

r18N-8Dfz3tXfzBn4y8u_h8MxxHUdeQA9-r3XFUj0NIwHR2vpDH6m95w8mW-se7DzBGR66d5Sl-mHDNQu6AQEUc4_tDBge9rzYLuwSGhJCFAM1NVxZNqz3oieSol_pkNR2k3_E_I1kzj0NdV2EcK1nc

Signed,

Sir Gwendel Victor Simon Vilac

The Prince of Vîlanchia

@Mordhaund

INQUISITORIAL LETTER

VpLoYRFgLLct0VOs5u5UBuFyIsNVcAX1yGPj8CgjpIvKY8hTUAZrAnuEfqFNc0PPZYPY6QMbwfIuNeq7cr8vUfb3rcMLWIDNQVVVNgqu97s3cVrcMTAkeuhPDvhp32GcIEERzKnd2qllq7Nhjs-0Zv8

IUTEM AD EJECTIONEM LUMINEM IUSTITIAE

TO CAST THE LIGHT OF JUSTICE

THE AUDITOR OF THE TRIBUNAL

ARMAND CARDINAL ALLOBROGUM

Addressed to the Fallen Brother, Gwendel Vilac.

Gwendel Vilac, your words do not reach deaf ears, your writing does not reach unto blind eyes. Know that GOD said first; “There is neither Human nor Elf, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in GOD.”

Know that this promise you bear in your letter is not one only toward myself, the Auditor of the Tribunal, nor toward the Holy Mother Church, but toward GOD Himself. I do not take your words lightly. You will be summoned for trial, through the holy words of the Subpoena Duces Tecum, and you will face non-partisan judgement in the name of GOD. 

Return to your homeland of Balian with your head high. Feel freedom in the fact that GOD acknowledges the importance of family, above all. Blood is thicker than water, and faith is stronger than fear. Be enveloped by His light, and see your wife and children. This does not come from my good faith, or my trust in you, but from my communion with GOD, for He has spoken to me.

He has granted me the faith to welcome you home.

So come, Gwendel Vilac. Come home. Pray, and hold faith in the fact that GOD will keep you safe, and envelop you in His light.

All shall be weighed against the scales of judgement. 

DURA LEX SED LEX

THE LAW IS HARSH, BUT IT IS THE LAW

Spoiler

TRIAL BALIAN HOLY COURT, 11PM GMT+1 THURSDAY 06/04/23

The Heir to House Vilac read over the missive, clad in his house's armor. He set the piece of parchment down, raising a plated fist to his chest. And then, the unmistakable clanging of metal against metal was heard throughout the city of Atrus as Casimir Marius Vilac hit his chest. "The day is coming pater. The day when you will earn your freedom back." A soft smile formed as he reminisced about his time with Gwendel as a small boy "You are coming home." 

"Blood for Barclay" cried out the Katzak Thegn "Let the justice of the Kanun, the justice of our ancestors and of GOTT himself prevail forth." he said, before reciting to himself the lines off the Grand Kanun, the lawbook of the Reinmaren people of Minitz "Let he who robs another of their life, the greatest gift from Gott, be judged by the Kanun as an affronter before the subjects of the Herzog, for the mother of someone who is killed can sleep; the mother of the murderer cannot. So says the Kanun: blood spilt wantonly on the ground cries out for more, be it achieved by the sword or a Weregild."

"Ja." Brandt cries as he holds the missive. "Justice indeed, for the murderers of Teft Barclay."

"What in the seven skies is Vîlanchia?"

"May the whoreson be judged for his crimes, blood for Barclay.." The Minitzer gritted his teeth.

August Vilac sat upon the walls of his home, Atrus, reading the missive he had received with a hint of a smile upon his lips. "Justice will be done in front of GOD pater, they shall never again be able to slander your good name." He'd declare with a huff as he rose and began his wait for his father to return.

Renilde, having heard the tales of Gwendel’s abuse over the years from the very Azrielle herself (who fought in The Petrine Civil War against her own misguided kin, won, yet found herself on the outside of her family), sent the missive to a the woman with a letter of her own that hedged along the lines of support and commendation. 

“Azrielle, my friend, a person who I’ve called family ever since the one you had did not cherish you,

I write to offer whatever encouragement you might need during this time. I apologize for your brother’s ignorant behavior backed only by poor excuses and unbelievably terrible judgement. 

I pray that he answers for his decades of crimes, wrongdoings, and generally bad etiquette regarding all things he’s been involved in, and that you may rest assured that this fool will no longer wield the power necessary to do what he has done for far too long. 

Godspeed, and may Justice find him,

~R. H.”

@Phersades