The Last Goodbye [PK]

Tigergiri

r

Ehrendil entered the room, excited to tell Leika about the developments of the day- hope shone through his eyes for a new beginning despite what was occurring in the world outside the walls. It was the first time in a very long time that Ehrendil had felt this way, and he opened the door only to find his wife asleep- he stepped forward to shake her... there was no response. He shook more harshly- becoming more frantic - "No.. no no no." he'd mutter, "Leika- Leika... please." he'd beg, he needed his wife to wake up. He couldn't do this without her. The hope in his eyes instantly evaporated, turning into pain. Tears began to fall and his shaking of her body ceased, he did not cry out for if he did it would surely be heard. He reached down to hold the hand of the woman he loved, kneeling beside her and allowing himself to weep.

"I am sorry, Leika... I failed." he'd whine, "I love you. I love you."

More time passed as he gathered himself, for eventually there was no more tears to weep. Leika was the strongest person he knew in his long time on the mortal plane, but she was gone and it was his turn now. There was no more running, his family would need him- surely it was what Leika would want- she wouldn't leave him if she didn't think he was ready to step forth without her. He decided that he would remember the good times instead of the bad, and honor her memory by not hating himself for his failures but instead attempting to continue his path to a better life. He would take care of their children and protect them like he always tried to shield her.

"I will be their shield, Leika. I'm not going anywhere."

He recalled when he proposed to her, under the tree called Leika Two - named by Leika when he was in his Druidic dedicancy and how they had to fight off spooks shortly thereafter. Or how they were married in the middle of a war under Leika Two by a mercenary named Raja before two of Ehrendil's friends. Or the many adventures they had together in the years between - those were good memories, far better than the pain they fought through together, but that to was a feat in itself. She was so strong, she never broke even when he did. He admired that. They broke every rule people placed on them together and even in loss, triumphed. That was the definition of a team.

He would then move forth, going about notifying everyone who would need to know about her passing and went about making arrangements. She wanted to be buried under Leika Two- who was a sapling at the moment- so that would wait. 

Until then, he would be her Shield one last time- and guard her until her wishes could be fulfilled.

Spoiler

It was a great ride and I enjoyed every moment of it. It was an honor playing your husband and being with you thru your tenure as Queen of Vikela. I hope our paths cross again very soon. @Tigergiri

Edited by DrunkCapybaraa

The curly hair elfess stood there within a realm unknown to her as she heard the unfavorable news of never seeing her Haelune once more. Not a single butterfly in sight as she kneel in the ashen cold rock, shaken.  Despite seemingly to only search for her Maln in her mid 30s, the simple carrot farmer from a small village would soon have a wealth of family. Happy to have a strong mother, a changed for the better father, and the multitude of loving siblings. 

Distracted but never forgotten as the tragedy re open many floods of emotions and memories. Though the elfess cried in front of her father in silent wishing there were more to be made. "I know she was human but has it really been that long?" Uttering the sentiment in disbelief.

Edited by MokoMochi

There was pause as a battle torn woman took hold of the parchment passed to her, a crimson gaze shifting across its contents fully yet finding itself returning to the line which bore her name. A deep sigh fell from her maw, perhaps one of exhaustion, perhaps one of grief. "Too many.." The warrior would mutter, a stern mind shifting through the memories of her deceased friends and family. Her mind continued forth, moving between memory to moment- and then she spoke. She knew her words would go unheeded, unheard, unknown- and perhaps this is why she spoke yet... perhaps part of her thought she was to speak to an old friend through such means.

"I came to your nation, your home, a broken shell of the youth i once was. Forty years old and with little at my side but a stolen blade and memories of a family i once had. I never spoke of such, never finding a reason to, yet before i found myself staggered at your gates i had been admits the grasp of hidden figures i still fail to know the identity of. Fourteen years i spent trapped within a room not much larger than a cell." Something within her tugged, a indication to yield- to halt- after all, what was the point of stating this. There was no lotic to her doing this. Yet she kept speaking her truth to the stagnant caves air. "I was lost, and i stood admits rubble of the broken shell i was. You changed that, your home changed that. I was taken in as though i were one of your own, assisting where i could and through that i rebuilt myself. I healed, i grew, and i learnt." Kneeling beside the lake, Astrid placed down a flower folded of parchment- unable to reach a true flower in these lands, it would have to suffice. "And so i thank you, my old friend. My wildflower. Your kindness and support built me to the leader i am today, you gave me support, kindness, and the means to grow. My time with you may have concluded many years ago, yet what i earnt from those times never shall."

The crafter flower was given a gentle push, dancing itself across the waters surface. 

"Rest well admits the embrace of death, for you have earnt your slumber." 

A old valah, honourable ame, along quite a few other titles found himself sitting down and making a cheesecake, from a old recipe that his old friend had made for him in many, many years past. In a time where he had quite a head younger. A crumbly crust, a honey texture, with a faint touch of nuts to add some extra flavouring to the classic snack that they had surprised him with one day when they had visited him. A friend he had marked with a tattoo around their finger to symbolise their love for their partner at the time, a mark that had turned into a mark of politics. 

He didn't know of what had become of them, if they had escaped down into this deep, dark underground like many of the others had. But he remembered them clearly, a fond memory of his youth. Of times long past. and he hoped that they were doing well and hearty wherever they might be now. 

A hope that could not be true. Yet perhaps it would linger wherever their spirit might be so that they would know that they were cared for, and their memory still lingered. 

"Damn - a shame I couldn't kill her the way she killed Elysium. A damn shame." Esmeralda Guenevere smiled to herself as she lit up a cigarette, happy that person who ruined her life was now gone.

Soup Guenevere Zohar, on the other hand, did a silly dance with her mother. @Generi

Kosher Daesmon, now nothing more than a mere bandit lord once more, looked over the missive with sad eyes. The missive fluttered to the ground, out of his grasp as he sat back against a rock. "The end of an era comes upon us, perhaps she can finally get some peace."

Mwari Ishe, Chieftess of the Abahambi, former Duchess and Queen of Elysium, has been spending her days in the desert in peace and contentment. Each day she thinks of her children as she walks the edge of the dry grasslands, the edge of her territory. Seeing a proud cheetah, she wonders how her darling Aja-Oya Leika is doing, if she’s married, if she has children, perhaps grandchildren. Continuing that thought, Mwari wonders if she may be a great grandmother. With a smile and a shake of her head she continues on her way to the waterhole, basket upon her head. Mwari Delilah Ishe de Astrea will perhaps never know of the fate of her daughter, or even of her other now deceased children. She continues to live her life happily. Ignorance is bliss.

Antimonite, ex servant, has heard the news of the Monarch’s passing, of his old friends death. Distraught, he falls into a deep despair on par with the loss of his own mother and sister. Truly, Leika was his sister. No matter how far and how long it has been since he saw her and her husband, his dearest friend and sworn brother, still the sorvian holds them in his construct heart as the most important people in his life. He considers seeing Ehrendil finally at least to pay his respects but a deep deep shame prevails. How could he return at such a time, after abandoning his oath to protect Leika? With resignation, Antimonite returns to his literal hole in the wall home to once again go into isolation. An isolation permeated with self hatred, self pity, guilt, grief, and worse. What a great way to spend an eternal life.

A halfling in the heavens greeted Leika with a cheery smile- one oh so different than the dull and numb ones they bore in life. 

Stood in a makeshift camp when word reached her, Valindra’s form tensed and her head hung. Word of the death of yet another friend was another harsh blow to her psyche. “I failed. Forgive me Ehrendil…” The pale elfess mumbled. In that moment, she gathered up three decently sized stones, stacking them upon one another. Her eyes became enveloped with a dark mist that spiralled down to her hand. A message was forever etched into those rocks. A grave unfit for a queen and a friend but the best the magus could do after being displaced from her home.

In loving memory of Leika de Astrea. Loyal friend, stalwart ruler, cherished wife. 

An old drinking buddy of Leika, would be delivered the news by a goblin. As he heard about the death, he would open a bottle of an old vintage Carrion Black and pour it onto the ground. "May latz rezt well Leika. Zhame wi never got to finizh our game of cardz ur our drinking game." He says, as he stares off into the distance recalling the drinking games the two shared.