Islamadon 10 Year AMA

Islamadon

Not a question I just wanna say u and the Lectors were a big part of the reason I stuck around human rp when Acre fell apart, always had a blast with u guys. Thanks man. 👍🏿

3 hours ago, Lojo613 said:

Can I have templarism?

Where does name Zhulik come from?

Where does name Islamadon come from?

Favorite lector?

Favorite Oyashiman?

Favorite Anime?

Favorite wowj moment?

Least favorite Lore?

No
When I was a noob in Runescape I wanted to be edgy and the username "Rogue" was taken, so I looked up Rogue in Russian.
A certain online song.
Wowj
Milksoda
Naruto
When he spoke for the first time
Xionism

2 hours ago, Mordhaund said:

What do you think are some moments or fuckups that happened with the Lectorate that are memorable to you that you might regret, and, if you had the chance to turn back time, would change?

How do you feel about Elliott Smith? 

What was your favourite social media application from back in the day on LOTC? Teamspeak, Skype, Discord? (maybe some more I'm forgetting about). If you had the chance to somehow force everyone to use one application to communicate on LOTC, what would you choose out of those options, and why?

What's your opinion on the Canonist Church over the last couple of years and how it's changed over time? 

If you had the choice to bring back 5 people that've since left LOTC to play with one final time (your map, setting and event of choice), who would you bring back, what would you do, and why? 

Considering your opinions on the old Varg Lore and the community itself, what is your opinion on the new lore versus the old (if you've read it)?

I regret encouraging the Lectors to spread Alchemy so willy-nilly. It has since diluted the feat and I think the damage may be irreparable. 

I don't know who Elliot Smith is.

I have very fond memories of Teamspeak, but it was definitely prone to IP snatching. I don't think any media application can rival teamspeak's 100 man rallies with ear-blasting soundboards and screamers screaming. Discord isn't the same, too orderly. I don't want to force anyone to use any specific application, 🤷‍♂️.

I think the Canonist Church lost all of its soul by repeating the same thing over and over again. There are so many avenues to explore with Canonism - Raevir Orthodoxy, Horen Traditionalism, Godfreyism, ETC. But the Church is content to just sit around and repeat the same dogma they have for the past seven years. I would say the reason the Lectors were successful was because it was a new take and we emphasized ritual over politics and status.

I wouldn't ask any person who has left to come back, since they're free... But I would use this hypothetical to summon an IRL friend of mine that disappeared!

I have not read old or new varg lore in any substantive amount... I didn't mind vargs, but I wish they embraced lycanthropy a bit more.

1 hour ago, creamynoteblock said:

top five pie flavors

1. apple
2. cream
3. ???
4. ???
5. ???

46 minutes ago, flexMate said:

Favorite Albanian?

Don't know any Albanians.

29 minutes ago, megavolter said:

Are you the zodiac killer?

I'm not sure

why does jesse niccum invariably create a cult of personality why am i so attracted to him

when are we making quad loc after you stop being a weeb

When do you think you will quit lotc?

How much has lotc decreased your braincells?

How detrimental has lotc been to your physical and mental being?

What's your favorite food item 

What's your most notable memory of me that you recall

Have I gotten better or more evil over the years 

Who would eat more chicken nuggets; you or shady

Are you content w/ your lifestyle nowadays and your balance of lotc w it

Edited by DahStalker

Least Favorite lore to read and why?

You been here for 10 years. From the time of being a normal player to being a fairly well known Lore staff member, how has it been affecting your view upon the lore of this server. It’s evolution and creations?

As a Story member who deals with a lot of lore or events, what is some advice for both new and mid game players would you give about them creating lore or going into an event?

22 hours ago, Tabby64 said:

When do you think you will quit lotc?

When it no longer is interesting to me. As it stands it’s a fun creative outlet; should it no longer serve that role I’d walk away.

20 hours ago, Borin said:

How much has lotc decreased your braincells?

How detrimental has lotc been to your physical and mental being?

LOTC is the reason I flew by in college, it gave me the writing skills I needed for success!

Otherwise LOTC had definitely stunted my social growth by providing an intangible illusion of comradery. When you don’t have interest interacting with people outside of the game you don’t tend to take care of yourself much. It’s an issue I’ve been tackling with great effort.

15 hours ago, DahStalker said:

What's your favorite food item 

What's your most notable memory of me that you recall

Have I gotten better or more evil over the years 

Who would eat more chicken nuggets; you or shady

Are you content w/ your lifestyle nowadays and your balance of lotc w it

Pasta

When you blew up the OSL

Better

Me, easily

Yes, though I wish I had more energy to be creative when I do log on.

6 hours ago, TeawithFrisket said:

Least Favorite lore to read and why?

You been here for 10 years. From the time of being a normal player to being a fairly well known Lore staff member, how has it been affecting your view upon the lore of this server. It’s evolution and creations?

As a Story member who deals with a lot of lore or events, what is some advice for both new and mid game players would you give about them creating lore or going into an event?

I answered a similar question before. The setting interests me more than any ability or super power set. I like reading lore on the realms and how the universe of LOTC works because it shows me what potential stuff can be done. In truth, I don’t care much for implementing head canon I just like discovering story avenues.

In my 10 years I’ve spent 8 being a toxic PvP/Nation goon. Lore is fresh to me because it isn’t about beating the other side but having good archetypes and story for the best setting we can have. I find the second part to this question more interesting though because, as a relative outsider to lore, I use to always perceive lore as something cringebags cared about and hoarded because they wanted to power trip. I have also not forgotten the big LT push in 2016 to say that the Creator was dead as to spite Human RPers. Since then, the recent administrations of Dingo and Squak have done really good in making lore coherent and tangible. There’s a lot of potential and it’s way more fun to me now than it used to be.

My advice for events is to take it seriously and to stop quipping; it isn’t fun for the ET who is trying to build a story only to have it griefed by Reddit posters. It’s more fun to me to use my head, take hits, and occasionally lose if my strategy was terrible. As for writing, try and build on pre existing concepts rather than create new OC. LOTCs strength is its history and there are old story beats that can be updated and made fresh. For instance, instead of writing a new niche German Culture, the Minitizers have done a great job of adding their flare to the old waldenian culture and history.

If given the opportunity once again would you choose to accept the warmth and love of The Blackwell into your heart?

how much did you put into aidencoin?

What has kept you engaged and still around for these ten years? 

What are some strategies to becoming a better roleplayer overall