supervillain confessions [ama]

ScreamingDingo

Nearly 12 years of this server has culminated into a lot of experiences and perspectives that I have witnessed. Reflecting from a 13 year old kid who got his first account from a friend who wanted me to do write his english essays and overusing tildes and horrific emoticons. It has been a wild ride, where I have been on staff countless times as Application Team, Event Team, Moderator, Lore, Admin and now helping build the setting that I did purposefully ignore for the first 8 years [humanity rules]. Most well known for being blasted publicly on Twitch Streams for saying that I should be democractically voted out of Admin for not saying Bucketball was legitimate, to also shelving the snow elves [and world editing them for a nifty two year ban by Tsuyose].

Happy to answer any questions or things that you'd want to know about my perspectives/opinions on lore [i will not review any lore nicely]. I am perceived as this constant boogeyman and want to offer some clearance to dispell this mantra around me.

I'm just curious for ST written lore like World Lore (Mainly Materials), how does the review process for them work, if there is any?

4 minutes ago, Evonpire said:

I'm just curious for ST written lore like World Lore (Mainly Materials), how does the review process for them work, if there is any?

Normally materials relating to new maps are reviewed internally within management. Otherwise most ST do need to submit material lore the same way everyone else does and have it reviewed as such. Not much of a changing process in regards to this.

In your lengthy experience as a staff member, what advice/tips/strategies can you offer for dealing with internal bias? How do you remove yourself/overcome situations where there may be bias? Do you think any decision can be made without bias in mind on a server where everyone is so connected to one another, especially with the relatively small playerbase?

When u did ur pk enforced events did anyone that died ever not respect the clause and how did that go

13 years on this server holy cow!

Why is it you don’t allow for new races to happen?

What kind of lore themes are you most interested in and why?

What’s ur favorite piece and your most disliked piece of lore and why?

13 years jeez! Respect to your dedication.

What has been your favorite ST event that you have ever been apart of?

What town did your first persona go to if any?

who is ur favorite st manager 💅

what's one eventline that u hold with high regard, doesnt matter whether u hosted (or participated in) it

when did you first discover your latent ability to mind break people or is it a bushwhacker trait?

In the past several parties came forward with reports about then ST-Manager Spoon's misconduct that had no action aside from a demotion to normal ST. Why did you not take more action with these reports and why was Spoons only banned this year?

(Genuine question, as someone who attempted to involve Admins on behalf of a victim. Insight into your POV of the ordeal would be very appreciated!)

Is there any commitment to unbiasness st have to follow if they are heavily involved in a magick/nation/group?  If there is one, should it be more strict? 

How are you today joel? What are you up to in the real world, is all going pleasantly?

what's your favorite zoo animal

favorite lotc historical figure

favorite rl historical figure