Unprovoked

Terry

"War! War! War! War!" An aged elf laughed out upon reading the missive

"I didn't have 'Wood Elf-High Elf' war on my bingo sheet." said a man residing within an insane asylum as he played Bingo with his fellow inmates.

"Another conflict..." a pale woman sighed, upon reading the missive with tired eyes. "I should get back to my former strength, in case our king decides to interfere..." another heavy sigh left her body, as she watched her boy playing with his toy soldiers.

Another pair of eyes, a youger one than before read the missive with worry. The girl shook her red head with sadness and disbelief in her unmatched eyes. "Now, ea really shouldn't sneak out anymore...but ea want to visit again..."

"So it would be, that the words and demands of Haelun'or, the tarnished State of Silver, sow deceit and conflict into the hearts of their neighbors. Some seeds planted by Silver cannot be destroyed, and even when new are set to sprout anew, they bear dark fruit even unto the latest days," remarked a knightly elven lord. "House Seregon stands with The Cove of Nevaehlen. The Blood of Silver oppressors will be spilled if conflict arises."

"I already miss Luthien. She was the  best leader of the Mali'aheral, it wouldn't have happened in her presence." Said a sad old elf.

A certain retired king grows a few more frown lines as he reads of the disappointing goings on of the allies he worked very hard to make.

A certain bandit hunter wanders more of their attention down South. "I didn't expect those ones to be the next bandits I find. I hope it's only a few bad ones, I don't want to have to kill Yera or the goddess." They think out loud to their horse Whitman as they arrive to the gates of Nevaehlen. "Hello! I'm here to help you hunt bandits!"

Ai5uXRa014ZWsGbQi8CGsIjEA4E-v0UjVygil3Cfsq2051oeWt9IM4dbasTaMLNkD47lxq6tgZczTnABGG7-arjzshxZ-OztLxtRRoWVc73LantgUnuHBqHfgl7Jn9BExYZiFnR1eQDBLH4q3yk1gg

Cunimund held the document in his hands, having assembled the Cingedoz at the Klukarunjoz Thingoz [¹] for a thing [²]. He read from it while the few tribesmen and women debate among themselves what action they deemed appropriate.

"The Argant'Elvellynoz [³] and the Witu'Elvellynoz [] appear to be at odds with each other. The former we have had a good history in Almaris, some of their Bronze Band turning to us for their metals and with trade aplenty, the latter having visited us and agreed to exchange a ward of theirs to learn our goodly art of lore-keeping. I daresay we not approach this matter firstly as bagaudas [] for either side, but try to foster resolution between the two parties. If that fails, well then. . ," the growing chorus of excited banter and cheers rolled off the Langkette Mountains like song.

Spoiler

1. Common: Runestone Circle of Assembly

2. Common: Assembly

3. Common: Silver Elves [used to refer to High Elves]

4. Common: Wood Elves [used to refer to Nevaehlen]

5. Common: skirmishers