2 Years as Admin.. AMA

itdontmatta

7355fea262821ff15609d2205e2a122e.png

It’s 11/1.. And my last post as admin. AMA. 

My accepted approvals over the past two years (excluding bans and failed approvals): 

Statistics:

Proposed approvals: 128

CGV Bans: 13

PCV Bans: 15

TOS Bans: 32

(this does not mean those are all the bans we did in the past two years, just the ones I typed up)

Spoiler

11/06/21
Moderation Rule Change to 13 in Roleplay Rules
**PREVIOUS:** 
You may not abuse mechanics to access areas you cannot get to in roleplay, this includes boat glitching and using horses to bypass walls higher than 3 blocks tall.

**PROPOSED CHANGE:** 
You may not access areas you cannot get to in roleplay. This includes using boats, horses, or 'horse parkour' to bypass walls higher than 3 blocks in height, or gaps wider than 4 blocks in length.

12/02/21
Allow the current drafted war rules to be used in an Urguan v. Oren conflict, given that both sides have agreed to keep it 1v1.

12/07/21

poll: @Admin Expand the war rules to allow alliances for the duration of the conflict.

1/14/2022

@Admin 
Approve the war rules document in [CHANNEL] for canonization to act as our official ruleset on conflict.

1/15/2022
@Admin
ADJUSTMENT TO THE APPROVED WAR RULES DOC: 
> - Change nation raid sizes from 6, 12, 20 **to** 5, 10, 20. 

Rationale:
> - Visually better, and also ensures that smaller settlement nations aren't completely obliterated in a war.

1/27/2022
@Admin Allow Cepheid to be confirmed as the new PRO and NL of Savoy.

1/28/2022
poll: @Admin Transfer PRO of Savoy to Milenkhov

1/30/2022
poll: @Admin Rule amendment to External Wartime Raids Rule #2 on Road Banditry. Current: During wartime, raid sizes are increased to the following criteria and raid protections are applied to city/settlement/lair regions instead of the tile, meaning banditry on roads in a nation tile or the area outside of a city/settlement/lair will not trigger a raid cooldown as they do in peacetime. Adjustment: During wartime, raid sizes are increased with the following criteria, and raid protections are applied to the entire tile. However, banditry on roads will have a base cooldown of 0 days, with each additional person brought over the soft cap adding a 12 hours to the cooldown. Rationale: Road banditry is too much rn. We had an uncapped raid of 150 people today, and I need a rule to justify giving people cooldowns for road banditry.

2/05/2022
poll: @Admin Change capture war goal to: "This may be used on any member of upper leadership (NLs/settlement leaders (or their heir/successor), settlement leaders, the head of the military, or the head of the religion). This applies if the character held the position anytime during the war. Cost: 7.5k Limit: 2 per war

poll: @Admin "Travelling to fight with allied armies involves troop movement. Your army starts in any tile in your territory. When moving your army outside of your territory, troops may be moved according to the following: - Land Tiles: 2 days - Water/Ocean Tiles: 1 day *Army movement may total up to no more than 14 days between warclaims. *Armies may not be moved through the Cloud Temple or where a nation has not given their permission. Nations may choose their own route to get to the battle without moving through the enemy's territory."

2/06/2022
poll: @Admin Canonize this map for the new movement system!

(proudest achievement)
2/23/2022
poll: @Admin Subject to Max's proofreading. RP Combat: Roleplay Combat (CRP) is the default style of combat. When 8 or more people are involved in a combat scenario, the combat can default to PvP by a simple majority vote of the defending party (51%≤). In the case of a tie, the style of combat will default to CRP. Guards are classified as the defending party when a law that is clearly written on the forums is broken. Murder, theft, vandalism

poll: @Admin 
Mercenary Lairs

Mercenaries can be granted a lair in which they can perform their services out of. Mercenaries that have a lair will be granted a treasury that they can store their funds in. This will act as their permanent place of residency.

Mercenaries are prohibited from engaging in war conflict without a lair.

poll: @Admin  

Subjugation War Goal (7500 x tiles)

The ultimate demand. Annex a bordering nation or non-nation settlement.
Win a normal field and siege battle in the capital tile.
The capital tile must be the last tile belonging to the nation.
Capital and settlement regions are immune from any eviction by the subjugating nation for 3 months after the war ends.

poll: @Admin Remove: PK War Goal
Allow the currently forcibly PK'd players their characters

poll: @Admin Adjust: Conquer a Tile to (1000 x tiles)

poll: @Admin Adjust: Mercenaries (2000 per 10 players)

poll: @AdminAdjust: Move war cooldown from 4w to 2w.

poll: @Admin Change appeal requirement from over 2w to over 1month

3/30/22
poll: @Admin Change the War Rules Allied Movement Rules to the Following: Alliances Nations may declare their allied status in roleplay. Allies may assist Nations in Warclaims, however, they must have declared their alliance forty-eight (48) hours prior to the start of the Warclaim. Half of attacking allied tiles are added to the aggressor’s warcost. Allies must consider troop movement. Your army starts in any tile in your territory and, as the army moves, troops are subject to travel costs: • 750 minas per water, ocean, and land tile. Armies passing through owned tiles must seek permission from their nation. Armies may not move through the Cloud Temple. Furthermore, the main Attacker Nation may launch a war from an allies’ tile if the ally gives consent for it, except when conquest is involved. Rationale: Keeping the spirit of the rules in charging people for movement. I don't like the way we currently have troop movement set up. This will change our current troop movement rules (1 tile land, 2 tile water/ocean) to a cost-based movement

4/02/2022
poll: @Admin Grant PRO status of capital_haelunor to the Republican leadership (puffables)

4/22/22
poll: @Admin After Oren grants independence to Arichsdorf, grant nation status to Arichsdorf (becoming Westfall) so they may retain the tiles granted to them in their independence.

5/05/22
poll: @Admin Make appeals public again. Appeals that are currently up will be handled and move to "Completed Appeals" which will remain a private category. An Admin Bans category will be created and remain private.

6/03/22
poll: @Admin keep CRP default! ( 😄  )

7/11/2022
poll: @Admin Enact the safety policy, pending final approval from Tythus, scheduled to be released August 1st

7/16/2022
poll: @Admin Bring Rilath onto the team as @Moderation Admin

11/08/2022
poll: @Admin Move itdontmatta to Moderation Admin (madmin):

11/26/2022
@Admin Offer Rilath a seat in the admin retirement home
Offer Joel a seat in the admin retirement home
Offer Fireheart a seat in the admin retirement home
Offer Rift a seat in the admin retirement home
Offer Basketweaver a seat in the admin retirement home

4/21/2023
poll: @Admin I don't really need admin approval for this but: Rule addition:
Malirally bells can only be used after three preparation emotes.
Rationale: This is how we treat it now via the plugin & our policy, but there's no reference to it in the rules.

4/22/23
poll: @Admin Require servers we publicly advertise in the LotC Main Discord to verify the following Discord Settings:

Rationale: Blocks slur usage and sexual content on mediums that we advertise (realm discords)

Enacted in August/September of 2023

6/26/2023
poll: @Admin 9.0 War Rules contingent on Max's rewording as follows.

6/26/2023
poll: @Admin Change pricing: Additional core tiles cost 150 minas each, and; Exterior tiles cost 50 minas each.

8/7/23

@Admin Approve CRP Rules, requires rediscussion in admin voice on or after 9/7/2023. 1 month experiment on removing rollplay

9/20/23
@Admin Alexperiment: Remove base war cost of 25 minas
Attacking army must start from a core tile.
Defender can start from anywhere.
Allies of either attacker or defender must travel from a core tile
Period: 2 months extending for any wars that might have a duration that goes past that date. Expiry date: 2 months from the date of approval Rationale: Wars will still be regional, but more affordable. I polled the player base on the forums and a majority (56% in poll 1, 72% in poll 2) believe war costs to be too high. The average nation has 6.6k Mina, but the median nation has 2.7k (give or take) 

10/16/23

@Admin On hiatus until November 1st. Official resignation on November 1st (depexed / degrouped)

FAQ:

Where are you going now?

• I'll be a mod for at least a month before dipping out, pending the conversation I have with 60th on when he wants me to go. After that, I'll be focusing on IRL!

Are you going to miss the moderation team?

• Yes.. it is my baby.. I will miss all of you. Good luck. You guys are doing great and 60th is a fantastic successor :)

Are you going to miss the administration team?

• Absolutely. I don't think I could've asked for a better team to work with. There were many times where meetings turned into a heated mess, but as soon as the meeting ended we left our disagreements there. I wish them nothing but the best. 

If you have any questions about specific approvals or even regrets I had as admin, feel free to ask. No secrets!! 

How it started:

Spoiler

1/28/2022
poll: @Admin Transfer PRO of Savoy to Milenkhov

9bcef0a77d26629fc3c258c5898f6d8b.png
4f10b874ddecf35095e08c10172adb65.png
03d70253c44671e93a5b5c35d863a559.png
a5af495edc90dd25b7ec441a564987e3.png
af4bbb4642d4d1441f777515837b9a87.png

How its going:

Spoiler

ee243bc9aca09dcdcafc89cbdb64b473.png
4eedfab9c0b97643b6f2390d9ffb0c17.png
fda5200cf43d472b8199dc6c6146f45a.png
1b7b2899d9a80c05ac587ec9875077f1.png
9fde43dbd7609c08a172f7f62d53be6f.png
b99c9db2a36fb65e3425cb0fdffa142f.png
faba2d882fc2d934c719bf154434630f.png
444b9173719299d96a7edae836da7097.png
55e12d2d7ed2238968b6638f2df44ff7.png
7b017ef92802ca51326e926c25a30388.png
d2bee6deefb1a6c2966e56e2ba132c28.png
6e86ed8c33fb58e13a638a6982e17010.png
32a10f96dd6fe9e19d45c73bad74fcd8.png
78d29799be8d24368c18db1ee2baec9c.png
b054c95ae539dfc9df8d84b0d9a6130b.png
aea8c5c24700f000274f3d299a1c33ec.png
4285eb8ee0c3f72f35458a94f7521e39.png
e046501d3bbae18cae4983852b8141d1.png
c16b5294891888af8af5a42e7f58f7d4.png
f91d2cbe31a6c53000efea8f6a92d922.png

In a more serious note. I've got to know you through very bad circumstances and eventually better. You are an exceptional human being and those who don't have had the privilege to getting to know you in a more personal level. During your whole time as an admin I have looked up to you and learned to understand you even better. Whilst our friendship has had its up and downs I still appreciate you and believe you to be a really good person overall. You have been a top tier admin, and I have told you many times, whether it be biased or not that I still believe to this day that you have been the best moderation admin I have interacted with in my four years of Lord of the Craft.

My only questions to you are:

Do you have any regrets?

Do you enjoy your job and time with your loved ones out of the server currently?

Have a blessed time out of the server once the time comes and don't hesitate to come back and spent nights in vc with us recalling memories. Don't remain a stranger, and even if we butt heads every now and then, know that you've a special place in my mind as a friend.

Simply.

What's the ban you regret the most, looking at it now?

What's the one you think was most deserved?

itdomatta

did you vote for the crab, the armadillo or the penguin?

Actual legitimate question, how has your feelings on the color red changed from before being an admin to now?

username change to itdidmatta for the time on mod time

insert witty remark

Goodbye buddy.

Muck, willy, ect.

what did lotsofmuffins do

I am unsure how to word this, and I decided not to be vulgar despite my well-known alcoholism so I chose this question.

What is your view on unbanning people? Unbans etc have been a controversial aspect of your administration, how did you decide whether to unban people or not? Would you have liked to unban certain individuals (Trol, other controversial folk), why, why not? What is your opinion on the 'cancel culture' of lotc that responded to the possible unbanning of certain individuals (Trol, other controversial folk)?

I for one wasn't a fan of your administration, as you probably know... though I couldn't and still can't think of any alternative admins beyond 60th. Have a nice time though! :)

You really put ur kda in the chat huh

Why did you choose 60th? Not as a complaint I’m just curious

12 minutes ago, Cpt_Noobman said:

What is your social security number??

694-30-6021

12 minutes ago, Markisstreaming said:

What's the ban you regret the most, looking at it now?

What's the one you think was most deserved?

The ban I regret the most is probably Rylothh or maybe even M1919. The one I think was most deserved was [insert TOS banned player here].