[Accepted] [Realm] Ravenswood

Creete

MC Name: ChesGod

RP Name: Si'Tilipotonqui

Persona ID: 82335

26 minutes ago, Islamadon said:

I find it a bit shady that some people here had the money to apply for a new realm, when they only left Nor 300 in the treasury, and also find it very immature that there’s talks of popping a void tear on their old vassal city because ???, knowing full well others are gonna have to clean up their mess. Legal? Yes. Annoying? Also yes.

iirc, the money was all gotten after NL was handed off to someone else

4 hours ago, KudosMetro said:

It was actually going on really well!  And while they've both stepped down to pursue THIS, Nor-Velyth is thriving!  Even then, before they stepped down—Nor-Velyth was still hosting events and having a marginal, but present presence. The work they put into getting Nor-Velyth to what it IS was by their work and their work alone, solo carrying the entirety of the nation for a year straight since Almaris without the help of much anyone!  The aim now is to have a space for MORE EVENTS but more specialized ones for THIS PARTICULAR COMMUNITY and their respective characters :3

———

edit:  Of course, not to demean the work of vassals!  Just that the individuals here had contributed to all of Nor-Velyth's growth almost single-handedly at the beginning and nearing the end of their time in the nation!  It's only now that they're separating, but I know for a fact that they're greatful for everything that has become of the nation—along with the relations they've made in the past.  It was fun!

Damn, man. 

That, hurts man. 

1 minute ago, ThatFunkyBunch said:

Damn, man. 

That, hurts man. 

Fr fr though, may you have the best of fun! Look forward to see more road stops for the alchemy node runs to the north. 

MC Name: BonesOfTheEarth

RP Name: Lefkos

Persona ID: 12822

MC Name: Jlyoko

RP Name: Andriel Elre Z'lorn

Persona ID: 4617

My only question is why not a lair, why make it into a realm?

10 hours ago, Ches said:

MC Name: ChesGod

RP Name: Si'Tilipotonqui

Persona ID: 82335

traitorrr my son a traitor!!! *crying*

can someone make a post about the overwhelming number of realms pls

Ok, I'm going to try and respond to all of these constructively as I can.

On 1/12/2024 at 2:12 PM, Islamadon said:

I find it a bit shady that some people here had the money to apply for a new realm, when they only left Nor 300 in the treasury, and also find it very immature that there’s talks of popping a void tear on their old vassal city because ???, knowing full well others are gonna have to clean up their mess. Legal? Yes. Annoying? Also yes.

To begin with, I represented Nor-Velyth before some of us redirected our interests. Creete independently spearheaded the fundraising efforts, and Nor-Velyth played no role in the financial aspects of Ravenswood. I don't defend the depleted state of the Nor-Velyth treasury, but it's a significant stretch to attribute it solely to their actions instead of my poor choices as an inactive NL.

Regarding the tear, while it exists, there's no intention to detonate it. It's securely stored in a vault, untouched. So, are you assuming intentions without cause? While I understand your dissatisfaction with certain aspects, addressing them here seems like an unproductive complaint and an unwarranted shift of blame that should fall on me.

21 hours ago, TeawithFrisket said:

My only question is why not a lair, why make it into a realm?

To start, I'll answer you question as I know. Lairs are granted 0 rights as a build on the map, and if a tile with a liar is purchased, there is no protections from the tile being bought or their eviction. Additionally, we had enough signatures and interest to meet the requirements of a realm app. However, I will now transition to talking about your reply to one of the status updates; A curious question is welcome, but if it was genuinely that, is it not much better to ask them privately? When posted on a public forum it does not seem like a genuine question and more like a critique. 

18 hours ago, Bonito said:

oh hey kinda like norasath

As someone who has led and been in Nor-velyth/Nor'asath for now... 1.5 to 2 years? This is not at all the case, Nor'asath's main interest in the beginning was gathering dark elves and worshipping the spirits. While the focus upon the latter has shifted slightly from time to time, Nor has always been about being dark elves and the worship of the Moon/ancestors/spirits. They even have slang to refer to other races in a demeaning way. I think you have made this comment while missing a critical amount of context. 

This comment is also not constructive in any way?

59 minutes ago, Greehn said:

can someone make a post about the overwhelming number of realms pls

We are applying within the rules of the server as outlined, and while I can understand why you may feel this way, and it is partially a subject I agree upon, why take up you issue here rather than in a separate post or status update? This is a group of players actively looking for a new place to rp, started as a vassal and gained the community it wanted. While I do think this is something that needs discussed, would it not be better to focus this frustration with the state of the server on some of the actual settlements on the map currently who do not possess the funds or activity to actively contribute to the server?

17 minutes ago, Gaea_Foundation said:

We are applying within the rules of the server as outlined, and while I can understand why you may feel this way, and it is partially a subject I agree upon, why take up you issue here rather than in a separate post or status update? This is a group of players actively looking for a new place to rp, started as a vassal and gained the community it wanted. While I do think this is something that needs discussed, would it not be better to focus this frustration with the state of the server on some of the actual settlements on the map currently who do not possess the funds or activity to actively contribute to the server?

My (and others') frustration stems from the sheer amount of new settlements that pop up and then die off a few weeks later. Do not get me wrong, I am an advocate for new settlements that bring something cool and unique to the table that cannot be accomplished within a nation already, but this realm application doesn't seem to be that. As far as I can see and as far as I can recollect, all of the players signing this new realm application basically all came from Nor'Asath which itself seemed like it struggled to carry activity by itself. (Meaning Sakuragakure is not included in this.) It has been a trend with all these new realm applications to have a million signatures on them yet never seeming to carry that hype a few weeks later, which leaves the server with empty realms and buildings save for a few determined souls.

My only question is why not just vassalize again? There are existing nations with similar niche's that could benefit from a group of players wishing to join under them.

while im not an advocate for more settlements I don't think most people here have anything personal against ur guys' group, u just happened to be right in the shockwave of squak's status update. ppl are just tired of settlements popping up left and right because most of them go inactive even if they think they'll be the outlier who will retain activity for more than 2 weeks. any other group and they would have been at the receiving end as well

I suppose maybe I am a little confused. This post mentions bringing in the dark elves of Nor'asath, but why is the community not able to just tear down Nor'asath and rebuild it in accordance with what they wish for now? If there is a community that is currently thriving, a community that is essentially built off of the player base that was once Nor'asath, then why make a completely new realm just to support it? Many other nations are capable of reconstructing to fit whatever their current player base is or needs. 

If the settlement is still apparently thriving, why wouldn't Nor'asaths player base just instead take in the Ravenwood community and allow for them icly to influence the culture of the city. Maybe I am ignorant but to continuously split a player base like the dark elven community over and over and over again seems pretty harmful, especially after many people in the community worked so hard at the end of last map and the beginning of this map to make Nor'asath what it became. The tile is there and perfectly capable of being repurposed. 

It mainly just seems to be mostly explained away as a large guild which I hear many cities would love to host. I know guild culture is sort of dead but if the community is currently framed as a guild, isn't this just something that could be done as a vassal of any nation? 

Again, this is probably just coming from ignorance but I would imagine there would be other avenues of going about this where the group does get land and autonomy without being a new realm.