【✧ KAKTUZ WEEKLI ISSUE XVII ✧】

Gomoore

Newspapers are spread throughout Aevos.

They’re made of two sheets of cheap paper, simply stacked and folded together and yet they are

surprisingly colorful, with doodles and familiar drawings! Could this be… no way!

3Owy5gvu15qAW2pn68kX0sRvqjFphQKIxyNa7zCvRdSOdZAhkCI7pm-XvQ93QLCYShzneXcO59gpI-0f1D9gz5MKEnrRHF7yrFRq4sO1cLnr8WPpOhLKF0ORmfks1MNz0xrhw_hCGZCU5DV7b40ztbY
Issue Azhty’H’Dub (XVII) — Azh’Kint’H’Azh’ty’Gakh (CLXIII) D.A.

yViECVUv0uzBXampXjmredU15sJ6wE_NhIAN_v1boJgjGgtWJiMWOYyOamXnuyqy5R7t3nIP7EwMDLOY8_vZri3N-zznRudfHwssUibQck9TyiibZCUjy6ETd3BDfs6hXAeUQwPmpRgTPh4CjrBGzLk
ORC POLITICS

Orc of the Week: Grommash!

Though I suspect —and hope!— our readers know what a Rex is, and who Grommash is, this issue’s orc of the week is the Rex, the leader of the orcs. He took the position after Grubsnakh the Olog fell sick, and has been overseeing vast reforms, including the reconstruction of our capital San’Brîu, which was dismantled in favor of the current Orcgrimmar.

0Aau5hcjWfywZzUYUa53gTQQX4vxFfZ59Gv6il9LB73EBDllgtWPDDndJqzvzm6kO39lswJWrZTgpa3AGowLN8yGI5AbQDb9d32FAzCcUa7uh0KDKETr8Q3knI47g-NJiSUcMRbXORvx3KGJqV0Y_44  ZK6WV8NBBPHKMmIvnIGaAHAgB4kqr2EecVhs3IBa4zX0qonSdKF5z6YpZWJJK0aaiug7vFShpyCf88NvDTDzpLvx00aeg5PcYuri8NyDkz8JYDOBpw-pblIAS0rMzg_WHG0_US8X2zqFia3yDhWEQLw

So, how is it, being Rex?

“Being Rex is very strange. I think I have approached the Rexdom differently than many previous Rexes. The Rex is not the strongest of Orcs, or rather the Rex must be more than that. The Rex speaks for the Horde, he leads the Horde. He is responsible for ensuring the prosperity and the virtue of the Horde. In that sense he is not just the Horde speaker but also the Horde father. Where he commands, the Horde goes. By his will warriors kill and die.”

We have seen the horde change with more orcs, more events and a more aggressive stance towards other nations. Do you think it’s good now or will you be striving for even more change?

“I think the changes I have brought to the Horde are a step in the right direction. But frankly the Horde is far from where it needs to be. Without the support of the elders, the Chieftains and the Goths of the Rex council we would not have achieved any progress at all.”

“In that sense I want to thank Minto, Azfrai, Apek, Madoc, Gazhnakh, the leaders of Gobtown, as well as the masters of the guild. Even non-goth orcs such as Grogmar have been indispensable for the success of the horde.”

OBufZYGWmUmddhzT8biVKIttpk8RDdbEd0SnnYBiEJNDJO3-KCrdh6JEXzhKdpOCjFhALTOjeZRCjg1Sa8iqFSI5nDI8hQb7jH5FxxMjSVeT5S90YqPISE-0AjCmpx-lqAFFZ0XOpPhiU4kQMOhEiN4  HnwjAdVYjnaROQWrbpLdW-c7LaDb6rpA36fW5aIx5wPR5B3jHnDYRcOjqDryBTgIuaQFW5Tw0lr2hn8jxNDo8LW2Hp0N6MBIvAAIQeRR46LMsqaBlXUu41dN_AqXxmszXtiAEQYnWtvVRJaAfnbgCXk  byNZbPKAjUeIKmw8We-3TY8nPdRSONUn2CM8UZrtDLRT94pA_NCrFVjaMplNI5fg5sPPh6BangjaR12Wwm99jtBGHfbFqd1AG2DKcUE1ZnPW92DY0D5bu1as0pNL4MzbphlA_iJyOUQqgAIRgQXhRgo  bvSfloQjGPN-SusyveVlNaTGn99Fr5SNzfBKLDBpIW8Apd7hhV3QhQtWslC-4AVuM3KGvXGGRx-9CkkiFgKVoXzAqPBy5NgpwWU3UeRI2cyNm5Ei_0RsspgH-m0OWjoUam8sYZumVD12zbOQciYbwjU  eX6Uy5f6ZDqJql8kXrH3LWNtXusLcz7ZL03Ob_YXn8bynEoeDHYjuojMTt_q4JA629IxCVsWvQqvgj9vWn-WrDt3TOhfAMBn6k-QM7SPruaiPk8vJBEngmFIie-VJj3ETA_cAyUuZYEj4a5pXfUKCb4  Z4Tcfw-G7_FMeRF5uEfK6YWbiY3DUvU3TutJJyiSCP1hlDIPu1R2e81gd0BZgxduDvyOcudl_NgvMgSrGDC03gtSCLsoyLJbublJlYKBVnkenaToEZofO0oRIgwNIAVUJkFnrkZ-_DY4DYIPrTojRgA

“Regarding the more aggressive stance… —he paused for a moment— I don't think that is true. The humans may dance their tongue dances and speak their honeywords, but we are Uruks, children of Krug himself. We should speak in truth always. I have approached many of these nations under the white banner of truce many times to speak to them. There has never been a violation of the white banner of truce by Orcs. Not when we visited Hysland, not when we visited Norland, not when we visited Dwedland, not when we went to Aaun to return the corpse of their dead knight and the children he had left with us.”

“The Orcish stance from the beginning of the war has been very clear. Before the war even started I made it abundantly clear, especially to the Hyspians. The desert belongs to the Orcs. Those who live in the desert will be considered invaders.”

We have also seen you put a lot of effort in foreign diplomacy, how is this going?

“Well…” He sighed. “Many nations are helping to make a new human empire, I think. They have forgotten what it means for the rest of us.” “Many orcs have died during the war of ten nations, and I’m trying to make sure they haven’t died in vain.”

F7MiIt-CX0F7AwUrRmekds1d14jQ5ozw8UPIwVGEiC39DA7jLu1slqI2wN8kkzkQv9mh4acJgw-Tpp_IZ47lkxJJmGr8drfxoXxf67goprOfjcsJoRVP4aVSO2FM2uB8eJK29eePl0Tocsuj5y90LpI

You wanted to create a Kubrex role during last Klamor, have you got any orc in mind for the position?

“No. I had some candidates in mind but I don't think they are even ready for Kubrex yet. I have been giving some of the orcs responsibilities and missions to see if they can be trusted. At the moment I don't think anyone is really ready yet. Kho is not interested in being Rex.”

There have been rumors going on about you looking for a lifemate, is it true? What qualities are you looking for in them?

“I have been too busy with the war to even give it thought. A feorc who works hard for the horde maybe?”

You’ve remained clanless, do you plan on joining a clan any time soon?

“I have been focusing on the war and reforms. There aren't really any clans that I feel drawn to at the moment. I think that much of the new orc population is also clanless. It seems like the position of clans in Orcish society is changing somewhat.”

“Honestly I'd really like to see my Wargoths and Chieftains step up and do more, they have been disappointing up until now.” — “For the foreseeable future I will probably stay clanless.”

Anything else you want to add?

“I'd like to thank all the Orcs who have been working for the greater good of the Horde. We will preserve the way of Krug and the land given to us by Krug, our ancestors, and the spirits.”

kulE_VDogh4TkQS0HZj4iNsOhay5SPiocwK-mEjcMMa-qRFR8VVAlJZNviMEx_tXSfNqipuF3jSM_f8e3LbP5yW7LxOUq76j1LXWNlBQYM3-nnjUnJ64kzmNpqqxJN1rjZjQydZJcG3G2qr0fydO7TY

FOREIGN AFFAIRS

A Paladin’s Daily Path

Though it is the orc’s Krug-given mission to rid the world of the darkspawn, we are not the only ones to fight bûurz. Paladins are also dedicated to eradicating darkspawns; so Elena of Joma agreed to tell us more about their order.
Interview by Spuds.

5r3K4Ubi4lpnrrCaqIfEye9mRNZTtwlgFjZRxaGuR-y_g-M-d-s6VmicjnBjopVh2tKeTxp2XDv7tQJ4JnU6bh4ba1UGRBuE2XwgmD7JhEhEKSlwWvh6rbfG-B3HadgUuV5WYxhJii4BBCuAVYfX-fQ

What first brought you into paladinism?

“Well, originally I sought to be a void mage in Hohkmat… I made an encounter with several inferi, that made a deal with a man then walked away without anyone to stand up to them. That encounter changed my views and later down the line it was my first mentor, Viltaren of Ahad, that made me interested in this path.”

I must assume your view on the world has changed since then?

“It has changed greatly! I had no idea who the azdrazi were until I became a paladin. They are a horrid threat that practice foul magics.”
“When I was seeking to be a void mage, I sought power for my own benefit. I sought power to make sure no one would take advantage of me again.”
“Now… I do have power, more than I could have thought possible. Though it is through service and a strict set of oaths that I am able to have such power, and I can only use it for such service. I have become content in keeping others safe and helping people, and have especially grown my capacity for empathy to all descendants.”

“But,” she added, “for many it is less about noble hearts and more about serving Xan’s will. We are pledged to further Xan’s goals of Order and Guardianship to the best of our ability, with Xan’s power as a gift to aid us in that regard when necessary.”

And how does day-to-day life look like being a Xan blessed warrior?

“Some of us live in relative peace and tranquillity, mainly doing our activities when called upon by our comrades, but others are often right in the thick of it, getting consistent letters for healing malflame wounds, lifting curses, giving the population blessed items according to their needs against such forces, defending a region from invasion, raiding a suspected or confirmed hiding place for them, or collecting information about potential darkspawn.”

Thank you very much! Do you want to tell anything more to our readers?

“Well, I hope that I do not romanticize the life of a paladin, nor make it seem like a torturous existence.” — “It is a worthy path for those that seek to go towards a higher calling against those of Iblees and Azdromoth.”

“It is a big commitment, —she emphasized— one that should not be scorned or judged.”

zBjzZzZKWr2laGKqoKQT3M_yKcfuGDAmfGXIE2A-DipBiVHBNXqlxZ27dblgyM9vICnNjfDLQ5P5dB_d2CSr7bG9u5nIpw9SF4kpzXhPjV15aekTUbjrrskRMh-Rgv2aJzuaUMmK0jta_dQhUzaO3Ys

ORCISH CULTURE

The Ashst Lodge Meeting

A cactus week ago, the Lodge held its first meeting. Shamans from all around Krugmar —as well as from distant lands— gathered in the great shaman tent of Orcgrimmar to discuss important matters.

D5EulKFmVney2aoDaGnTXa4fYvwcKSx85u69Cx4BXpIppQdV24oHpaxYVk3fqX5trcisvmNPgQi1C4vg3vqJhUjO8yKMbf2DmhfGmpLl5doi6um8g72Po60ld4_dz9Y80U93bSf7VYaVy1DXZjIoRbQ

The blahing was long, with many great shamans voicing their conflicting opinions… which was indeed the whole point of the gathering.

The first issue discussed was regarding the Azulytes, and their affiliation with darkspawn. After careful discussion, they were declared enemies of the Lodge.

Then the shamans blahed regarding Skorkon the inferi bull, who has been at the heart of many heated debates and infighting all the way back to the times of Almaris.

E2IZq0mRVFPaYqjVtnaK5y_VGmZyQU6tBep4m5UT918z4MWOkuCV_93iN_u-zLp_B0JKcywGjvVWPKwoZ0tqq3_EJsDCwkEEbCBOn7KBjslt6jX_8n5cXSU5kQAH_E_CTHLUpf8foIKYcAZKy5LyPoY

Indeed, though Zkorkon is of buurz origins, for a while it was thought that shamanism could cure his condition and bring him up to a better existence.
However, after such a long time, it became clear that such a perspective was only an illusion. The matter was settled once and for all, for it was decided that he would be flatted.

kulE_VDogh4TkQS0HZj4iNsOhay5SPiocwK-mEjcMMa-qRFR8VVAlJZNviMEx_tXSfNqipuF3jSM_f8e3LbP5yW7LxOUq76j1LXWNlBQYM3-nnjUnJ64kzmNpqqxJN1rjZjQydZJcG3G2qr0fydO7TY

Informant — Spuds @Turbo_Dog

Writer — Spuds, Gharak’Yar @Gomoore

Illustrator & Head publisher — Gharak’Yar

NgqnTsq7854QgG-_ypJdZjwQ-P2KKYF_A8mFe3gKktRLxyW55kj7-Ele8aRRAL3ei3NwOTNeuT60BtEFPLnuUiUUAHn81x3uaS5sfflCVW7nlinZqjtxt0WN80QYm97jHlZaF_rIDIhmavEFnGb2U_c

zBjzZzZKWr2laGKqoKQT3M_yKcfuGDAmfGXIE2A-DipBiVHBNXqlxZ27dblgyM9vICnNjfDLQ5P5dB_d2CSr7bG9u5nIpw9SF4kpzXhPjV15aekTUbjrrskRMh-Rgv2aJzuaUMmK0jta_dQhUzaO3Ys

Edited by Gomoore
rephrasing & fixing typoes

Spoiler

I am now wondering if this issue was too long—

Edited by Gomoore

An Ancient Shaman regarded by some as evil nods to himself, giving a faint chuckle at the artistic depiction of the Moot "Azh piti indeehd dat Zkorkon haz beehn flattud... Hiz zoul twiztud agh korruptud. Nohw onli deeh Brazen Bull remainz." The Shaman gives a curt nod, hoping most of all that the Bronzen Band would realize their mistakes before it would be too late.

Spoiler

The size of the Issue is fine Gomoore <3

*Breasal would be reading his newspaper in the morning as always "Ah righ', my favori'e newspapa'. Le's see wha's goin' on in Krugmar". As he read the newspaper his eyes would widen when it came to the Shaman lodge section; seeing a back profile of himself and his wife Mimosa. "A cannae believe i'..... A'M IN KAKTUZ WEEKLI!!! 'OLY SHI'E DEEEEAAAR!!!! GE' THE CAMERA WE'RE IN KAKTUZ WEEKLI!!!" he said in excitement*

Spuds sat down in his large home with the paper sprawled out on the floor, he flipped through the pages as he lay belly down on the floor his feet kicking back and forth in the air as he read the engaging publication 

A shaman nearly spits out his coffee when he see's the mention of Paladins. Recalling, the sacrifice at the shamanic lodge meeting. "Well that's just fuckin awkward."

Ember looked upon the weekly missive with her expression stuck In a cringed out smile. 

“Well….the dead do come back…. More prideful than before….”