TO SEEK JUSTICE | REITERATED

Philip Montalt frowned not at the demands, but out of concern for his son. "May the realms of Man listen to reason. We, all of us, need not fold to the power of one."

Rigoberto de la Cruz worked the Fairweather Cafe in Petra, looking over his Ausecan helm. It was a slow day it seemed. Peering towards the once ever-closed gate, a courier stepped by and dropped a stack of papers off, ordered a drink, then went on his way. This very missive was that stack of papers.

"Wait... They surrender to the Covenant? The war is over?" At that, the happy Hyspian poured himself a shot, and enjoyed his peaceful afternoon!

Edited by Publius

"There isnt any reason for them to deny people for wanting to stay away from evil, right?" Regina would mutter to herself as she looks on the note now on her desk next to the Ancient Atlas she has been working to recover, some shapes symbolising Winburgh among other cities. "I still remember when Winburgh was full of life..." she then sighs and turns her attention back on the Atlas

"A fair and honest request, perhaps the Commonwealth of Petra will step up to the task?" A now intestinally relieved burgher would query 

Markus Sarkozic watches over the events of his former domain with trepidation. His fingers anxiously twitch upon the pommel of his family blade Aventine (something he would never give up, despite his fondness for old books).

"Was it so urgent to rise to rebellion only to Surrender as I had? I recall an agitation against my own maneuvers of surrender for the purpose of reconciliation." He paused to consult the expressions of his own sons, who were unlikely to raise any word of dissent against their father's character either in their familial trust or perhaps acknowledgement of his growing violent paranoia. Markus prattled on, "If the Covenant denies this, I would like to see what reason they have. My greatest complaint against House Van Aert was always that they would brandish their sword before having a chance to wield the pen. But by GOD, this coalition is hardly different! They cannot speak what they want of the Midden, nor communicate regarding their leader's suspected habits. It would be just war, even if not agreeable, should the wargoal be to suppress a previously violent regime- or to enforce terms of Surrender previously agreed by the sovereign of the Midland Realm. But nothing!"

The former duke would continue to kvetch to any who would listen, and would waste his day whining about politics that he could after all instead do something about. 

“There’s no promise this pack of opportunists and oathbreakers could make that’d be worth the paper it’s scrawled upon.” Growled Ser Waclaw Jazlowiecki. “They chose this. Only a fool starts a fight they don’t have the stomach to finish.”

"Oh Radmir!" Brother Vasyl lamented, "You could have just not done in. Why go down fighting for this city...? It was my home too! Let go, by Godanistan..."

“Lie in the bed you’ve made, Veletzers. Your lies fall on deaf ears.” Hali cast aside yet another Burgundian missive.

Calias Mareno wrote a short letter, publicizing it alongside that of Radmir's. "I understand that me and my kin are also wanted within the lands of the covenant. Although Haense in particular seems to wish for my head, I will offer it to any other of its members if these terms are met, the same as this good revolutionary man has done. Although I am sure that Haense will demand it is they that get claim over my death, I hope that it can be well understood I do not wish to have my corpse raised and forced into unholy practices."

"stupid veletzian. don't you know it's wrong to declare war on an entire populous just because their king is ALLEGEDLY consorting with dark spawn. only true villains would do that!" spoke notorious haensetiti and imperial advocate, Erik Erikson from the Valdev outhouse.

Josef picks up his copy of the Winburgh Proclamation.

'V.III. The city of Winburgh shall be peacefully evacuated over the course of two years with Covenant oversight, then demolished, and replaced with a monument to wars past and present for the peace and commemoration of all mankind.

V.IV. The ‘Winburgh Memorial’ shall be claimed by no nation.'

"Huh, that's crazy," He comments as he sets it back down.

"Ah, so they were too tired to fight after all, surprise surprise!" Emilio shook his head, crumbling the paper and throwing it to the flames.

The Ritter couldn't help but scoff at the final Remark " 'Haenseti Pride?'  It is the martial pride of the Midlanders who prevent us from peace. Peace was in their hands; it was given to them only for it to be thrown away in less than a year."

"What point is there to requesting this when the treaty clearly outlined that Winburgh was to be dismantled and a monument to the fallen be constructed? Their defiance is not in the face of Haense alone, but in the face of all the Covenant. The treaty does not bid them to live under Haeseni rule, it bids them to leave the Midlands alltogether and live elsewhere." Grumbles Flemius in a mechanical manner as he reads over the missive in between siege weapon inspections.