Kaggath: Paradox v. Greed

Minuvas

8Eujcg0iu9ZEWxDwx0ymMeRw06-uA6zah27N8ZjWeJav4mslpCwOQ9QUsU6nJnLGQQOAJZBmnFBJHwHTA6D3nE7JCqF7B1dJ10oD4iWab2z9qlHvhkNQ8rWpQKf7o45zCrwp0QLHOJhX89zNdekO2kc

r8N9y6UQl0l6jyCywDueQ51pLd0aewF0CxOeuWLVzpLagTT_PP1WzYLdSab6Pe1kyyPV2zgB0Smp2qTAkvohLlCPi2JuiaAK_KPljfS623oyRpjBsBxiWGpcTscE-EdlNKKF7H1Rb2ctHfzatNqfMGc

Two Elven Magisters locked in Kaggath, as they slay eachothers retinue before focusing on eachother
Ancient Kaggath

Magister House Paradox

Magister House Silveira

8Eujcg0iu9ZEWxDwx0ymMeRw06-uA6zah27N8ZjWeJav4mslpCwOQ9QUsU6nJnLGQQOAJZBmnFBJHwHTA6D3nE7JCqF7B1dJ10oD4iWab2z9qlHvhkNQ8rWpQKf7o45zCrwp0QLHOJhX89zNdekO2kc

THE DECREE IS MADE

Having come to a state of beyond discourse, I discharge my duties as Grand Magister in authorizing KAGGATH, a sanctioned war between  two Magister Houses. As these two houses have risen to a state of dispute between each other that is endangering the balance and stability of the state, only power may restore order and prevent decades of violence.

Ancient Kaggath has served as the tool by which the Hakad have used to resolve the ungovernable nature of the most powerful of magi since we have thrown away the shackles of servitude from the warlords who enslaved us, condensing these disputes in time. This ancient code is perhaps one of the only strictly adhered to tenants of Hohkmat, given the unruly nature of Mages. Reserved only for the highest echelons of power.

It is the ‘great challenge’. The struggle of powers. All who take up our mantle and claim one of our thrones as the most powerful Magi in Aevos are bound by it. 

Victory, liberation. 

Defeat, ruination. 

THE RULES ARE CAST

Each Magister may call on the entirety of their power base and employ all tools at their disposal to seal victory in this conflict to assert their will with the following exceptions. 

1. All Members of the Chamber of Earth and the Chamber of Fire are off limits for recruitment.

2. All destruction, vandalism, and violence is restricted only to the holdings of the Magisters in question (District of Paradox, District of Greed, City-State of Kaethul and any undeclared or unknown private properties).

3. Once allegiances are declared, no outside interference may be offered by any non participating party upon commencement of the Kaggath. 

4. All parties are absolved of punishment for acts taken as a part of Kaggath within all involved territories of Hohkmat (Paradox,Greed, Kaethul) and who  are also participants in the conflict; but are subject to the laws and norms of acts conducted in foreign territories. The Houses are responsible for their power bases actions in these instances. 

5. Mages may choose to remain unaffiliated and uninvolved.

Any violations of the rules are to be appealed directly to the Grand Magister. The Chamber of Fire shall be prepared to punish violators. 

The Kaggath ends upon forfeit or by declaration of the Grand Magister. The apprentice of the House shall continue the Kaggath if the Master is slain.

The Houses may negotiate a cessation between them at any time. 

THE OUTCOMES; MADE CLEAR

The winning Magister may seize the life of the losing Magister; at the discretion of the Grand Magister, properties may be transferred from the defeated to the victor. This feud shall then be declared over. 

In the event there are no heirs of a house remaining at the conclusion of the Kaggath, a masterless house's holdings shall return to the Grand Magister for distribution to another Magister. Otherwise, magical true lineage shall apply. 

MY Authority of these Magisters is Supreme. Judgment reserved to Kaggath alone. 

Their Fates are now Bound. 

ALLEGIANCES TO A MAGISTER HOUSE MAY BE DECLARED FORMALLY, SENDING YOUR DECLARATION TO THE SACRED ZIGGURAT OF HOHKMAT AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATION

DECLARE TO THE ZIGGURAT

(OOC: Signups begin today, and end next Sunday. Events will begin that week)

A taloned grip held upon the missive- the being's lips curving upwards into a twisted, inhuman grin. A whisper leaked from it's maw- ebbing unto the colossal cavern: "...It begins...."

From within a dark catacomb, The Fallen Princess began to cackle.

"Oh THIS will be FUN!"

Mahina Kame'eleihiwa nods as she found out, rubbing her fingers on the paper, "So the rumors are true of the Conflict. Both look like powerful Houses though..." The elfess mutters, remembering her interaction with both of them, "I wonder which one will come out victorious, but I'm sure it will be quite a scene. I cannot wait to watch it take place! The gain would be great, but the cost will also be great." She hums as she reads the rest of the decree.

"Did you expect justice, Yera?" An undead cackled at a featureless wall that was not within 5,000 meters of Yera Silveira. "Behold the foul etchings of the same cowardice that killed me. I suppose you must simply do it yourself if you wish it done, after all. That's a lesson I learned a long, long time ago."

Within the Library of Aob, Merf begins to prepare a supply of wood, transfiguring them into planks in case it becomes necessary to board up his library.

"Hope things don't get too... explosive."

Irritated eyes beheld the parchment, brought to that Weaver's grasp in her own smoke filled parlor.

She tuts at one particular line

"I am barred from entry, how boring. . ." spake she, to a constituent.

Spoiler

Spoiler

This letter, and it's contents, are private to the above two characters unless otherwise shared by then.

[!]

A letter is sent to the Lady-Magister, and Grand-Magister

@Ewdrawings@Minuvas

Heed Truth.

knTpvyFBbjFMRvNvFHsP6i2XkAQ9dnxjCXXeupAn2E-KaHDelqHspa6OvOd_1j6ZR4IDEuN3C6ex6s5_R4gRq3bpNqRp6e5akrnChEfcUrTY_VF70LrvqrKHP2VDdGfFHbUYe9p73TqycCkXwdfQw4Y

GpUiU9Vs9Fqi9DljJVmusWHjK7A48Y-c2pKPZ4wkl25ZPxoYZdxth7YvuIzTGk-CBosBPkp6nTSye01LjKVCs0nSsaTgBHFOdM4NY_GUFNGMOvRPhCoZLmXIVV68Yty0OQCQUJmJPrThkLUTtNrN2MA

While I am claimed to be many things, I see no reason to orphan a newly-born. Grief is a powerful motivator, but the first blow has not yet been dealt, and neither hand has shown itself. I propose the following with cooler heads in mind:

I offer you a chance to back down, Lady-Magister Yera - Leave Hohkmat, your district, and your seat behind. Reside in Kaethul, and find your justice. Abandon the lies you claim that you know you cannot prove, and this needless violence will be avoided. All that was yours will be placed into the hands of the Grand-Magister to refurbish into further space for the Academy.

Force my hand, reject my peace, and there will be no quarter. You have dealt underhand, believing the Orcs would do what you were too weak to do yourself. I can assure you this, Yera-

I need no help to find you and bury you. 

I will amass a force to stand against yours, of course, have no doubts - but I will not waste them coming after you. I know the deals you make in your offices and abroad, hushed words and promises, assurances of mutual benefit. You believe yourself more carefully planned than me.

In such, you have already lost. 

I see all under the Night Sky. 

There will be no bloodshed, or there will be obliteration. That is my word.

I need no Summit for them.

GpUiU9Vs9Fqi9DljJVmusWHjK7A48Y-c2pKPZ4wkl25ZPxoYZdxth7YvuIzTGk-CBosBPkp6nTSye01LjKVCs0nSsaTgBHFOdM4NY_GUFNGMOvRPhCoZLmXIVV68Yty0OQCQUJmJPrThkLUTtNrN2MA

Consider Carefully.

NepgKm0jlH_5q07a8DF_yyYxJUtffknE0vlZ5prXk-BJlY-57JrcsoYzRyclug3su08Avh0MCCbR5ZWmmOTk5yHTyKpi-DceRuc_wPECvEyBE73aJXW6ymk-g8-LcmThwk3DdCTiMWUmCs9PhbVmZBc

BfYd-egyMobJr9eoadeGfWPsYkt3j4y3QW02fxTJLLr1l_5Xeb34WQR-D0yGQ_awfVe7hY_8yTsqi_pL_L99bkfze06r5aU3sc8gdHf5dtmhFGAKLOEoVsJBkzNEjHADL_49jdF3psc3_fw36GyJ1lg

Lord-Magister, Dr. Haus, Of Paradox

Master of the Ziggurat of Hohkmat, Watcher of the Veil, The Dreaded

The Grand Magister would file Haus note, awaiting to see what response might await. 

"Elves," snorted an old rosy-haired Human, gnawing on the roach of his cigar. "Nonsense, this and that ... why, a trusty, iron blade would fell any of them the same! Ahk, ahk . . ."

Arthur sat down, allowing the sea-breeze to coat him as he finally gave up chasing the evils of this world, choosing peace instead. He opened his eyes as a paper slapped into his face from the breeze. Taking the paper from his face, he read it over with a sigh. "I guess I should help. . ." he mumbled, calling into his housemate briefly to come take a look. He threw on a random disguise and name, parting off into the world once more, to blend into the crowds, though his violet eye could consistently be seen from the concealed eye of masked passerby's, staring at those who deserved staring.

"Call for Kezmur and my Clan warriors! We march soon to kill the dark spawn aider and the killer of our dear friends! May we seek honour in death and honour in winnning! Summon the warriors of all who support us, we march to Yera aid. To finish off the scum!"  Gundanat sat with one of his writers in his quarters, reading the missive, knowing the final dance has come, the coming of all his work... Now the time has pass for words, it time to summon all the allies who know the truth and to fight for glory and for victory!

Edited by AlternisJ
spelling

The Lubba crumpled the missive in her fists, “I’ll not let her death go unpunished this time. Lurin supports Yera Silviera in this. If I cannot go myself we will send people. His head will make a nice addition to the wall.” And with that, the ball up papers were consumed by flames.

Narithen sighs as he sees the missive, already understanding what was going to be happening.

"Alright." He murmurs, and grabs his halberd. "Let's get this done."

"I sense trouble is brewing...!" Sarah of Hohkmat stated out loud, all the while she prepared white and red bags that read 'Popped Corn!' on them within the safety of a home kitchen. Although, admittedly, she reserved some worry for what the fallout of the Kaggath could spell for the Hohkmat's future.