A set of crimson eyes look over the document. A brow lofts as they got further and further down. "Oh, these silly valah always seem to disappoint." Ventys said, looking over to her wife. "I thought the Church was all about 'love thy neighbour' and shit like that."

Alfred rode out to a wayshrine, decorating St. Tylos of Kalden. He knelt before it in prayer, with a Ritter upon his flank. After silent moments of deliberation, the Duke rose to his feet, mumbling to the Ritter present. ".. And now - we await the consensus of the Clergymen, not the Laity."

5 minutes ago, HIGH_FIRE said:

Sybille looks blankly at the document as she shook her head in disappointment "We said nothing about changing church or canon law. We made secular law not the prevent such if it occured and we requested that the church review such a matter." she spoke while putting aside the document for some moments as she thought about just meeting with the pontiff.

"Canon Law takes precedence over the secular in regards to lands where dioceses of Canondom are present." Stated the monastic Edmund Amadeus.

Viktor Ludovar smiles upon hearing the Pontiff standing by the Canonist Laws
Our sacred Canonist laws stand firm. We extend our gratitude, Your Holiness, and pray for God's continued blessings upon you. Let us redirect our efforts towards proliferating our faith within the Canonist nations and nurturing our future generations as devout Canonist loyalists. Instead of engaging in debates on heretical topics that challenge our faith and doctrine.

"Never a moment of doubt with His Holiness. I aspire to be so wise one day."
Albert returned to reading his alchemical notes, studying before his next session.

"Thank God." A relieved sigh escaped the lips of Rafael, upon his reading of the document. "Surely an official meeting will put a swift end to this hedonistic and quite frankly, horrible attempt to sully our good Faith. Wouldn't you agree, sadiqi?" The Ritter would inquire to his lifelong friend, Roland von Sturmweber @Morphine

"Three of the princes that signed, forgot they owe their crown and right to rule, to god and church." 'Sigmar' stated as he read through the missive. A sigh escaped his lips, finally he set the pontiff's missive into a stack besides a shelf. "I pray for the souls of the children of Horen." He stated in mutter, settled within his deskroom.

On 2/19/2024 at 4:08 PM, HIGH_FIRE said:

Sybille looks blankly at the document as she shook her head in disappointment "We said nothing about changing church or canon law. We made secular law not the prevent such if it occured and we requested that the church review such a matter." she spoke while putting aside the document for some moments as she thought about just meeting with the pontiff.

"The Pontiff has pointed out a spread of mistruths about our scrolls that was mentioned within the missive. Those national leaders had falsely said it does not state it to be sinful. Yet within our scrolls it states that the only holy union is between a man and woman. Thusly the topic presented by them were indeed, sinful. Perhaps the Pontiff should ask for these monarchs to be rebapitized before the people of Canon?" the man named Robert wondered to himself.

Spoiler

Feel like I have to say this, just so people don't spread mistruths about myself. Nothing personal, all RP

9 minutes ago, TaytoTot said:

A set of crimson eyes look over the document. A brow lofts as they got further and further down. "Oh, these silly valah always seem to disappoint." Ventys said, looking over to her wife. "I thought the Church was all about 'love thy neighbour' and shit like that."

Otellia turned to her beloved wife with a purple billiard pipe in her hand. "They were always interestin'. I can never wrap my mind around them folks. . . Hope they can find their way around instead of this backwards progression." A giggle escape as she continue to puff on her green.

1 minute ago, Solour said:

"Thank God." A relieved sigh escaped the lips of Rafael, upon his reading of the document. "Surely an official meeting will put a swift end to this hedonistic and quite frankly, horrible attempt to sully our good Faith. Wouldn't you agree, sadiqi?" The Ritter would inquire to his lifelong friend, Roland von Sturmweber @Morphine

Roland stood by his friend, reading the missive as well. "Couldn't agree more, my friend. Gives me solace to live in a truly faithful nation such as ours. May God smite me with illness and death, lest I decide to leave it once more."

"His Holiness has made a wise decision: the Canon Law should not be decided by secular rulers but by ordained clergymen. That said, it is also important to highlight that, may the human realms will so, the Holy Mother Church would not have the authority to interfere in the secular legalization of same-sex unions through the enactment of secular legislation on civil unions, as already occurred during the Eight Empire." pointed out the Balianese liberal scholar Marc Galbraith.

Istvan the Cattle Farmer who could not read nor write simply nodded along as if trying to understand was written, all he knew was that the missive bore the Pontiff's Seal therefore must be an important document, he then quietly said a prayer to himself!