THE THRONE OF MAN

"And so where one tries to unite Humanity by the sword, another rises to do so by the pen.

And when the age of strife hits will we all realize - that we needed one which could have done both." Lamented an adherent of St.Michael.

Prince Paul Alexander of the Petra scanned over this missive with a rather concerned countenance - but, he was getting older, these matters may not even concern him. "It's just a manifesto. ." utters the Duke of Valfleur warily as he waved his hand towards an attendant in hopes of obtaining a strong beverage.

A young Ivan var Ruthern reads his father’s written manifesto whilst in Marsana. The teenage Ruthern ponders for a moment. “Papej is right. We should be more united. But…do we need an emperor? Or…we can try something new.” Nevertheless, the male agreed with his father. “What can I do to help?” 

Jose Fuentes, of the de Murat bloodline, looked at the missive with bewilderment. After a few moments of considering, a new question popped in his mind and out his mouth. 
"Do I follow the footsteps of Treble?"

A random elf reads the missive from the deck of her beached ship. "Aye... 'cause that went so well before." Charlotte hummed to herself as she toyed with an old, stolen Orenian bracelet. "Y'can't easily unite people who constantly try t'kill each other, bu' good luck tryin'." And with that, the page was thrown to the winds. 

Meanwhile in Balian, a young girl chimed in after her brother. "Ea bet it would never work... especially trying tae make one legal system work across so many realms." Maria Vilac muttered out. "But, Ari, vy could totally run tae be Empress Of Mankind." She added on as a little joke! "Ea believe in vy."

29 minutes ago, TotallyNotSaint said:

Isaac Vuiller took that were passed to him, scanning them with an indifferent expression. "Ea do niet think it is a dobry idea, the Empire fell for a reason nie?" He shook his head, handing the papers back to his friends.

@TotallyNotSaint@_yink_

“Scum rises to the top, so is the same with any want of a Crownlands. You would never find a larger place of scum and villainy than in any Imperial capital. This society has killed off any want I may have had for unification, you always see the same pencil-pushers come to the forefront in the old Imperial days.” Lamented Ser Rickard of Haense.

75df75602a1c103b2dff87b7a71fd23f-curved-line-decorative-divider.png

Reinhold_COA.png?ex=65ff1d1f&is=65eca81f&hm=2a5b1fd7c2dbad6312d71c0cd87f2634af781eb72f03f623a7bfe3b595f7a1a6&

From the desk of

Chancellor Reinhold

Atstana de Regne Petrère 112

To make my stance perfectly clear, and public, absolutely not. Though this paper may be endorsed by my Vice Chancellor, one Rigoberto de la Cruz, I want to make it vehemently known that I, Wilford Reinhold; Chancellor of the Petra, do not support the formation of an Empire with the nations of Men. We have seen this attempted in the past, and each time, we have seen it fail. Typically, with war, bloodshed, and death. With the absence of the League of Veletz in our lands, and the end of the war I myself personally fought in, we have come to an era of peace. Treaties are being signed, alliances are being formed, and friendship blossoms amongst the race of Men. Why should we uproot this? Why should we make this leap into a tried method and expect different results? To go into this expecting anything less than what we have seen become of Empires before is the definition of the word 'insanity'. Many of us lived through the fall of Oren, and have lived to see what comes after. I do not need to be a genius, or have decent vision without my glasses, to see that the people do not want this. Our people, the people of the realms of Men have lives. We have families, and homes, and we are happy. And if we aren't, we do something about it. We are survivors. We have survived Oren, we have survived the Mori, we have survived Veletz, and we will survive whatever else comes our way.

Along with this, forgive me if my memory fails me in my old age, but was it not agreed upon with the surrender of Adria that the midlands and the ruins of once-Winburgh would never again be settled on or belong to any nation? That the lands would serve as a reminder of the years of suffering endured at the hands of a aspiring Emperor? If I recall, a monument was to be constructed in commemoration of the lives lost. A monument. Not an Empire. Forgive me for becoming passionate in my writing as I pen this document, but as mentioned before, I am a veteran of this war. I saw the battlefield with my own eyes, I fought, and I killed, and I nearly lost my life on many occasion. There is too much death, too much ruin for the lands of once-Winburgh to ever host a community. The lands are haunted, if not literally, then in presence. They serve a damn good reminder of what we lost to Veletz. Not only would forming an Empire on these lands disrespect the agreement of surrender, and the terms signed upon by the very leaders we speak of, but it would disrespect the lives of Coalition soldiers lost in these battles, who died on these lands and were promised peace in the Seven Skies for their hardships, only to have an Empire built atop their graves. 

I cannot overstate enough my opposition to this notion. My Vice he may be, chosen by myself, Rigoberto de la Cruz and the other signatures of this missive will have no support from the Petran Chancellorship on this matter as long as I hold the position. The days of Empires among Men are over. It is time to accept what we have, and strengthen the bonds of our people and governments. The era of peace is here. Is it not time we celebrate it?

Signed,

His Excellency, Sir Wilford "The Protector" Reinhold, Chancellor of the Petra, Viscount of Stormont, Baron of Raònoir, Knight of the Petrine Laurel, Head Physician of the Reinhold Clinic, Head Steward of the River Council, Physician of the Vallagne Clinic, Patriarch of House Reinhold

Edited by mothsthetic
I GOT THE PETRAN YEAR WRONG. GAH

"And so, lighting a fire does not cast out the shadow." Spoke Ellenore Eiriksdóttir, High Keeper of the Kingdom of Norland, continuing to write solemn prayers in reverence to the All-Father and blissfully unaware of the Imperial ambitions of the Southlander. Afterall, why would she? Norland was not of Canondom, and this missive had not made its plea towards the Pagan Kingdom.

"It is time for me to claim my rightful place as the Imperial Emperor, most august of Man," spoke Malik the Freak to his imaginary wooden-toys. 

"One shall not unify man with a word, but a war. Aurelius proved thus, and Horen forespake it. These men wish for peaceful union, but do not understand the implications of this peace. The empire of man shall come, I know you all thirst for it, but it shall come a different type, a different way."

Spake Vlad.

'Sigmar' sat upon a desk, reading the missive. "A peaceful union would fall flat upon its own face the second any disagreements occured." He set the missive aside, now nestled upon a mound of others. He turned to face another figure "Regardless, realms already heavily influenced by elves will vehemently deny any attempt at unification, which is why the sword is the only means." The scholar pondered for a few moments, perhaps there was a means to do it through both?

Spoiler

TtCSR_1.png?ex=65ff4304&is=65ecce04&hm=2

Viktor Ludovar lofts a brow upon reading the parchment. "An Empire?.." he'd pause for a moment. "Why must we reform something that cannot last? Feel like this will only lead to the destruction and human division again."

Orenius Pincerna found himself reminiscing about the stories his great uncle used to tell him as he read the missive, tales of the Empire's glorious past. If there was any hope of reclaiming that lost divine glory, then it surely fell upon the shoulders of the children of Horen to unite and strive to bring such a dream to reality, to resurrect the Holy Empire of Mankind.

Holy Ser Gerard would read the missive, a faint smile spread across his face as he absorbed its contents. "I pray that GOD shall guide Man back to a united front," he murmured softly. "Unity will bring strength and rid out all those who wish to deceive the good flock of GOD."