Policy Update on Sexually Explicit Content

Telanir

9 hours ago, Llir said:

This includes forums, discord, and in-game persona cards.

HIGHLY suggest you include this line on the rule.

The 18+ imgur album links that's on players /persona view cause their folder contains lewd and suggestive content. 

8 hours ago, Borin said:

I dont see what youre confused by

Nsfw artists who just happen to do stuff on lotc cant advertise it in a way that would lead to it being accessible to minors on lotc. No advertising such services in discords, profile descriptions, carrd links etc. 

Administration have no intention of overstepping boundaries from lotc to outside lotc. If they do step in and do smthn, its because its become an lotc issue. 

On nsfw art of lotc characters. If the characters featured are featured by the consent of the character's owner, with full knowledge of how their character is being portrayed, and if it is not weird pedo shit sure. Youre a weirdo but sure.

My own personal view is: if they did theoretically ban people etc for doing something silly on lotc or outside of lotc from playing I dont mind. Its their server I dont see y they cant do what they like. Its their product, we're not entitled to be here. 'Muh freedom muh rights!!' w/e man its a private server on a videogame 

End of the day if you think what youre doing w nsfw art etc in relation to lotc is too much, it probably is. Use ur common sense. Harming others is subjective and up to the staff to interpret.

My issue isn't confusion but more a necessity for specification. Vague rules can and will lead to admins overstepping based on their own personal feelings and not an objective rule to be followed, for a good rule to be made that can be sincerely followed, as someone above this said, things like "not on carrd, discord profile, etc" need to be included in the main post, not 3 pages into meme comments.
every question i asked was namely for the sake of confirmations as to avoid confusion in ANY regard. It benefits artists who make a living off of such, but also those who they're trying to protect. Vagueness also means loopholes, it means actual creeps, and not just people making art, can and WILL try to find ways not specified to get around this ruling. A post like this regarding new policies should be as in depth as possible, and to illustrate the exact specifics of the rule for the benefit of both the enforcer and enforced. 

alright who put a **** channel in their nations discord.

16 hours ago, satinkira said:

is folks getting nsfw art of lotc chars banned or no

this is impossible to implement as you can claim that your character was already a character you made for something else and then just adapted for lotc. i know ive done that for some of my characters i just recycled from frp

2 hours ago, Periphonics said:

My issue isn't confusion but more a necessity for specification. Vague rules can and will lead to admins overstepping based on their own personal feelings and not an objective rule to be followed, for a good rule to be made that can be sincerely followed, as someone above this said, things like "not on carrd, discord profile, etc" need to be included in the main post, not 3 pages into meme comments.
every question i asked was namely for the sake of confirmations as to avoid confusion in ANY regard. It benefits artists who make a living off of such, but also those who they're trying to protect. Vagueness also means loopholes, it means actual creeps, and not just people making art, can and WILL try to find ways not specified to get around this ruling. A post like this regarding new policies should be as in depth as possible, and to illustrate the exact specifics of the rule for the benefit of both the enforcer and enforced. 

It's all incredibly obvious and if the admins decide to shoot any1 over smthn like this again I have no qualms with them being heavy handed. Idk y it'd be so hard to follow the rules as is. It just requires some1 making the slightest bit of effort to keep their shit to themselves.

There is no loophole there is no way around the rules the admins and mods will kick your shit in if you dont smthn stupid against 'the spirit of the rules' and in this case im all for it 

5 minutes ago, Borin said:

It's all incredibly obvious and if the admins decide to shoot any1 over smthn like this again I have no qualms with them being heavy handed. Idk y it'd be so hard to follow the rules as is. It just requires some1 making the slightest bit of effort to keep their shit to themselves.

There is no loophole there is no way around the rules the admins and mods will kick your shit in if you dont smthn stupid against 'the spirit of the rules' and in this case im all for it 

saying its "incredibly obvious" doesn't matter, im talking about rule making here, not your personal feelings. rules need to be decisive and explicit, otherwise you are INVITING people to 'break them' (can't break a rule that isn't specified) when there's room to argue "okay well you never said ___ wasn't allowed". non specific rules is exactly where you get issues, it's far more important and effective to cover all bases, for ALL parties. I'm not asking the questions for you to answer, I'm asking them for the sake of having those specifications made to begin with, to avoid discrepancies 
Your hostility towards me is unwarranted and unappreciated. The inquiry was for admins/moderation to begin with.

7 minutes ago, Periphonics said:

saying its "incredibly obvious" doesn't matter, im talking about rule making here, not your personal feelings. rules need to be decisive and explicit, otherwise you are INVITING people to 'break them' (can't break a rule that isn't specified) when there's room to argue "okay well you never said ___ wasn't allowed". non specific rules is exactly where you get issues, it's far more important and effective to cover all bases, for ALL parties. I'm not asking the questions for you to answer, I'm asking them for the sake of having those specifications made to begin with, to avoid discrepancies 
Your hostility towards me is unwarranted and unappreciated. The inquiry was for admins/moderation to begin with.

It's not a personal feeling it's just simple fact - I don't think its even that vague but even a lack of specifics is nice because it gives our glorious admins a blank cheque to shoot anyone who threatens the sanctity of our minecraft roleplay server with their degeneracy

Idk wot hostility you're seeing either!

21 minutes ago, Borin said:

It's not a personal feeling it's just simple fact - I don't think its even that vague but even a lack of specifics is nice because it gives our glorious admins a blank cheque to shoot anyone who threatens the sanctity of our minecraft roleplay server with their degeneracy

Idk wot hostility you're seeing either!

This conversation just honestly isnt worth continuing as we certainly won't come to an agreement and my initial comment wasn't directed to players to begin with. Have a good one, man, happy rping

the-message.gif

Please refrain from the back & forth. Questions that are being queried directly or indirectly will get answers and/or may result in rule amendments & clarifications. If you'd like me to facilitate any questions, please message me on Discord.

18 minutes ago, Ibn Khaldun said:

the-message.gif

Please refrain from the back & forth. Questions that are being queried directly or indirectly will get answers and/or may result in rule amendments & clarifications. If you'd like me to facilitate any questions, please message me on Discord.

a very good movie, that one

47 minutes ago, Haseroth said:

a very good movie, that one

YF7BxV.gif

I'm all for it.  Good job mods

7 hours ago, Borin said:

No disrespect, genuine question here. Why do you abbreviate a three letter word? Completely off topic, I know.

26 minutes ago, Drdobetter said:

No disrespect, genuine question here. Why do you abbreviate a three letter word? Completely off topic, I know.

676e4841851b31b773431dd677cca88a.jpg?ex=660ba8ef&is=65f933ef&hm=94a26a4a116bad11f4a068e765125c3fcb2b3fb8fd155584a5073e52d6485bc3&=

the human mind cannot comprehend this image