{Lore} Rosae Magic

Draeris

rachel_alucard_rose_vector___crimson_by_

Rosae Magic

Rosaenism is the magic of granting the caster perfected beauty in  their own design, in return of a compensating sacrifice. The caster specializes itself in creating 'fake' beauty for themselves or others, in their own design. The Rosae magic creates a perfect appearance by creating transparancy within the mind of the one being casted upon, with no mind interverence corrupting the perfect image with doubts or unconfidence. While it may not change your traits of appearance, it is to create youth and modifications to the outside of men.

While the magic itself sounds as perfect as the appearance being created, the sacrifice required to be made is purely an imperfection in the vision of the magic itself, which was a baseground for the Rosaenic cultures to appear. { Violence & Muscularity is considered inpure by the Rosaenics. }  In return of youth & beauty, one must sacrifice their physical strength as long as they wish to remain perfect. As long as the so called ‘Rose effect’ is lasting upon the person, its physical strength is reduced depending on the amount of changes required to achieve perfection. Even though the Rosaenic culture exists mostly out of humans, using this magic on an aging human would grant grave danger. As the physical lifeforce of one can quickly be sapped towards death. Therefor a soul willing to have outer perfection would be the savest when being physically strong or young. Being neither would give a risk of death,  the chance depending upon how old one would be.

Using Rosaenic magic would in no way give pernament effect to the user. A human with the age of 42 would still have the organs & defections of a 42 year old. This meaning that the magic is meant to grant the illusion of perfection, symbolized by the Rosicrucianists as a rose. While the Rose effect lasts, the user is highly discouraged to fight, seeing how their stamina & strength is reduced by reasonable numbers.

{Note: You will still be recognizeable when you perform this magic. Your character in a more younger perfected state still has his/her/its own traits.}

rosacruzlogo1.gif

Forming the perfection

To become perfect through the Rosaenic ways, the user must follow several safety precautions to avoid death or pernament harm.

1. An user may never wear armour or thicker clothes to the ritual, as it would not only intervene with the perfectionation, but also risks the collapse of the bones and muscle if the physical strength is reduced enough.

2. The light blinds the eye of perfection, to ensure a succesful ritual without any harm done. One must be wary of the sun. As the transaction between imperfect and perfect weakens the user extremely until the formation is complete, the sun would burn the user severely, dependant on how the sun shines upon the user. Performing this ritual during nightime would be highly suggested.

To gain the Rose effect, one must be as clear from sound & view as possible to make sure the mind does not corrupt the process. With that done, the user must connect themselves with a valid magical source, and think about their desired beauty in full concetration. The user will come into a trance where it is necessary to state the one thing you consider truly perfect, to fully lay the link between your magical creation and your own image. With that the image shall slowly create itself, exhausting you and causing fatigue for the next 2 elven days until the image is succesfuly complete. Afterwards your physical state remains as reduced and weakened depending on the amount of masking your magic must do.

rosacruzlogo1.gif

Side effects

The user, being aware of their own imagined perfection, could easily gain feels and restrictions one many not consider the beauty of youth and perfection worth it. Therefor, a user must be aware of the side effects that may stay pernament after excessive usage.

1. The world around you seems more dire as you consider yourself perfect. This would cause not only higher narcicism & overconfidence for the naive mind, but also cause depression to more self aware or philosophical people.

2. After having trained dedicatedly into these magic arts, and remain to be powerful enough to cast such, attempts to change eyecolours or haircolours are most likely to fail, and even cause pernament damage. Therefor, an user must be 100 percent certain that they are able to do such risky things.

-1 you're not beautiful 

This sounds very similar to the abilities of an illusionist. 

loike it :3

No, seriously, I quite like it. I think it gives a unique opening for more roleplay! Also, I would like to point out that changing your features is Extremely difficult for an illusionist, so this isn't at all like illusion magic! Also, I think the magic isn't so game-changing that it will affect people badly. Heck, I actually see nothing wrong with this magic whatsoever! It just makes people look better, and in a world were you can create a character with the looks of a top-model, why is having a magic for it bad? Honestly, I don't understand why you aren't accepting it, ASAP. I'm serious! DO IT!

:truestory:

this can be done fairly easily with illusion and is basically the same thing.

Atop that you can make said illusion last longer by making an object enchanted with an illusionist's spell and wear it/activate it so that you don't spend your own mana/concentration to put out this illusion.

No need for something like this.

Not that the idea is "stupid" but just already able to be done in one or more forms.

-1 you're not beautiful 

:( me criez noaw

+1 Ave Festina 

Ave Festina comrade!

This sounds very similar to the abilities of an illusionist. 

this can be done fairly easily with illusion and is basically the same thing.

Atop that you can make said illusion last longer by making an object enchanted with an illusionist's spell and wear it/activate it so that you don't spend your own mana/concentration to put out this illusion.

No need for something like this.

Not that the idea is "stupid" but just already able to be done in one or more forms.

I am aware that this is at some points similliar to Illusion magic. But this magic is dedicated to that aspect only. I heard that doing such things this magic provides through Illusion magic is highly impractical and really complicated,  so I considered that perhaps a more on-its-own standing magic with some of the illusion appearance aspects in it. I don't personally see the harm in that, in my opinion not every magic must be 100% original as in the end, we can call every magic an illusion. So with that, I do believe this could bring yet another unique magical experience to the server. But ofcourse, thats not for me to decide!

How would this affect things like Orcs? Considering their image of perfection is basically the most powerfully built and muscled Orc, not beauty, and that is in direct conflict with Rosaenic perfection, I imagine it would be unsuccessful with them?

How would this affect things like Orcs? Considering their image of perfection is basically the most powerfully built and muscled Orc, not beauty, and that is in direct conflict with Rosaenic perfection, I imagine it would be unsuccessful with them?

Really interesting subject you have brought up..

Well in general I don't think Orcs would be allowed to use Puny Pinkiez magic. But, if we take the below:

~~

Rosaenism is the magic of granting the caster perfected beauty in  their own design, in return of a compensating sacrifice. The caster specializes itself in creating 'fake' beauty for themselves or others, in their own design. The Rosae magic creates a perfect appearance by creating transparancy within the mind of the one being casted upon, with no mind interverence corrupting the perfect image with doubts or unconfidence. While it may not change your traits of appearance, it is to create youth and modifications to the outside of men.

While the magic itself sounds as perfect as the appearance being created, the sacrifice required to be made is purely an imperfection in the vision of the magic itself, which was a baseground for the Rosaenic cultures to appear. { Violence & Muscularity is considered inpure by the Rosaenics. }

~~

It is considered impure by the Rosaenics, which are now basicly all Festinians and some Alrasians but yeah.. I assume that if an orc would try, and would have that stereotype image of perfection, two problems would occur that would stop them from succeeding:

1. They would contradict themselves as they make themselves look muscular while they are weaker physically,  such image would need to 'Rosenize' the whole body, and would make an orc as weak as a halfling I assume.

2. The Magic would work, for bits. The magic tries to gain perfection. Muscularity will not work, but a smoother skin, perhaps even a scar,etc ( No idea what you orcs call perfect ). Would occur. But that wouldn't be worth it imo.

In the end, they will only succeed partially which brings a big sacrifice to an Orc. I hope I answered your question!

You don't need magic for this. Vanity will give you this anyway. And you don't need others to believe that you are beautiful to be it. Just think about the Emperor's new clothes. No one was going to tell him otherwise.

Let's call it the magic of personal conviction. You can do a lot without needing powers.

http://youtu.be/eAfyFTzZDMM

You don't need magic, you are beautiful in every single way!