A Vision of Strife

Caranthir_

Cardinal Providentia sweats nervously, reading through all the comparisons to scripture. That's not good!

“The Urguanites may be perfidious, but there are none as faithless as the men who serve them. They are race traitors, and they will be damnatio memoriae - their names forever dishonored!” 

A quote attributed Emperor John I, progenitor of the Johannians and the House of Alstion, who conquered most of Urguan in the 16th century (c. 1540).

Levian'Tol Grandaxe reads the the report over... The blood of the Mayor of Providence still coating his sleeves as he places the missive in a frame and hangs it up. "Ye know... maybeh t'ose who worship teh crossed god correctleh, ain't so bad."

Sofya de Joannes was unable to comprehend much of the missive. All she knew was that Philip and Anastasia Novellen’s living years would soon come to an end. Polishing her blade, the young warrior prepared for such a day when she could avenge her father.

3 minutes ago, Esterlen said:

“The Urguanites may be perfidious, but there are none as faithless as the men who serve them. They are race traitors, and they will be damnatio memoriae - their names forever dishonored!” 

A quote attributed Emperor John I, progenitor of the Johannians and the House of Alstion, who conquered most of Urguan in the 16th century (c. 1540).

Spoiler

Ironic.

Empress Anastasia I yawned as she read such a document by a courier. “At least he’s creative, I suppose,” she shrugged, and moved on with her day.

"I WILL DIE FOR HOLY URGUAN SIR YES SIR" Say Father Paul Di Sarola saluting the Urguani flag and preparing to lay down his life for those upstanding naturally conservative Urguani

r

A man rises on a soapbox and preaches loudly to Providence City's square, as men are often wont to do in a time of spiritual confusion.

"Woe be unto those who - without the sight of our Prophet - draw from his visions their own benighted misconstructions. Woe be unto those who, in the name of the Most High, go out killing Canonists and stealing their lands, and hanging the bodies of God's children on His cross. Those are the men of God! And the world is their right, as holy men. Justice is their right, those whose fists clench in wrath. Glory leads them, those whose hearts swell with pride. Reward is theirs, whose tongues lash out in deceit.

The Deceiver's words find fertile purchase in the minds of men who believe themselves alike God in judgment. Who believe they are peer to Godfrey in pride. Who believe that they may commit faithful acts in untrue spirit, and merely speak the name of God to justify their sins. These are slaves of the Wyrm, and must be chastened for their wrath. It is thus our duty to raise our standards over their walls and drive their coventicle out of our lands, so help us God."

"Why, Herr Wilhelm does have a way with words," the Landgrave of Alstreim whispered in support of the missive, for his Alstion friend was elsewhere in not-Urguan and the walls had Orenian ears, certainly vowing to kill him and his entire family twice over by now.

"Nae mattah whut religun, Tae blood alwa' comes back. I' leads Tae pepple bein' murdered, an' Tae innocen' pepple dyin'." Glod says, as he recalls all the atrocities he has seen commited in the name of religion.

A servant of GOD sat at her desk after reading the missive in the consecrated grotto and put pen to paper, starting with another quote from the Scroll of Auspice. It began, "Lo, the virtuous dead are descending..."

Theroden smiles after reading the missive "I truly am beginning to think that there may be hope for the House of Horen after all. This one's heart certainly seems to be in the right place. Perhaps there can be an end to Orenian atrocities once we've gained victory in this great struggle."