[✗] [Transfiguration Lore Addition] - Arcane Tattoos + Arcane Ink

Air

Hmm I like the concept, but there is a lot I feel could be added or better fleshed out in the writing.

2 minutes ago, MayRndz said:

Hmm I like the concept, but there is a lot I feel could be added or better fleshed out in the writing.

I'm open to any suggestions you may have if you feel that way. 

20 minutes ago, Air said:

I'm open to any suggestions you may have if you feel that way. 

- From my opinion the formatting can use a bit of an improvement, for lore its less on how bold and flashy the text is and more on making it easy to read and understand, especially when it comes to magic of any sort. I've seen enough posts time after time where its like you don't understand any of it, and that's how it ends poorly, and or powergamed. Take a look at some of the current voidal posts to get a good feel for formating.

- The fact of being able to cast spells through tattoos will be a bit iffy when it comes to the transfiguration lore considering you need certain materials to make enchants of higher tier which would be quite complex to implement into a liquid, that being said you will be suggesting that this is entirely written into transfiguration to make it possible. Although its a bit controversial considering that was implemented to prevent power gaming and it being common so you'd either need to require only low level spells in the tattoos or you would be suggesting that this is extremely hard to obtain and learn.

- I also think that if one has the tattoos they now need to make a FA, and or specific lore signed item to indicate someone has it to allow ST to keep track of who actually inked them. Feel free to elaborate if you have any system ideals for that in mind already.

Honestly love the idea... Even though my character would never... Sussy heathenistic voidal magic... +1

9 minutes ago, MayRndz said:

- From my opinion the formatting can use a bit of an improvement, for lore its less on how bold and flashy the text is and more on making it easy to read and understand, especially when it comes to magic of any sort. I've seen enough posts time after time where its like you don't understand any of it, and that's how it ends poorly, and or powergamed. Take a look at some of the current voidal posts to get a good feel for formating.

Dire and I had a plethora of people look at this before posting it and not one has made a comment on the formatting of it. Though that doesn't mean that I'm saying that its perfect in the eyes of everyone. This is his first lore post as well as my own, in the future I'll do my best to format my posts in a way that makes reading through it easier.

16 minutes ago, MayRndz said:

- The fact of being able to cast spells through tattoos will be a bit iffy when it comes to the transfiguration lore considering you need certain materials to make enchants of higher tier which would be quite complex to implement into a liquid, that being said you will be suggesting that this is entirely written into transfiguration to make it possible. Although its a bit controversial considering that was implemented to prevent power gaming and it being common so you'd either need to require only low level spells in the tattoos or you would be suggesting that this is extremely hard to obtain and learn.

I don't really want this to be something hard to obtain and learn, but more something commonly known and used. The information of the spell would be weaved into the ink of the tattoo during the enchantment, also giving the user a pseudo-voidal connection as a result.

24 minutes ago, MayRndz said:

- I also think that if one has the tattoos they now need to make a FA, and or specific lore signed item to indicate someone has it to allow ST to keep track of who actually inked them. Feel free to elaborate if you have any system ideals for that in mind already.

I like this idea a lot actually, it would be easier to keep track of who does what and how many tattoos one has as well. Would also keep the players inventory a lot cleaner than having an item for each tattoo. Although the idea of making this a feat did cross Dire and I's minds, the idea you proposed sounds a lot better to have.

Tattoos but make them high elf friendly? Interesting 

Tattoos but make them high elf friendly? Interesting 

Pretty interesting addition! I'd like to see some thing like this

Lets hope this goes better then when I made a similar concept to magical tattoos 

I like the idea, my main concern reading through was with clothing obscuring the source of the magic, but that seems to have been addressed. I do agree with MayRndz with regard to tracking the tattoos though. It seems a pretty powerful tool to have if just anyone that's T3 in transfig can immediatly open a tattoo parlour for all your Voidal needs.

I'm not familiar enough with voidal magic to comment fully on how strong this is though, so it might be an ignorance thing. If people more familiar with that side think it's balanced, I won't argue. In terms of it being a cool idea, I'm on board.

12 hours ago, Sillians said:

Honestly love the idea... Even though my character would never... Sussy heathenistic voidal magic... +1

come on, take a sip

Does abjuration permanently break the tattoo?