THE SACK OF KARINAH'SIOL, Yr 64 SA

Monkee

ChildTea sobs into his arms, lying on his bed; having been forced to drag himself all the way from the square to the upper levels of the city.

Why couldn't they just leave us alone? I was so happy, and they had to go and kill my friends. They burned them alive.; And they had the audacity to offer a home for me.. IN THEIR KINGDOM!

I hate them so much.. All of them. Fenn, Nor'Asath, Elvenesse.. I'm done trying to negotiate with them, sending out missives.. they don't care. No one does anymore, everyone's dead, I saw them burn.. Val's blood is still on my face, my shirt, my hair, my HANDS..

And suddenly, it all makes perfect sense. Those nightmares, no, visions; he knows what they mean now. He knows who they're talking about; who to save, who to ignore, who to kill.

Everything will be ok.

Edited by satinkira

Velsyni Indoren was quite pleased with her contribution to the day's activities: the banner of Clan Indoren that now decorated the wall of the city's bank! By the age-old rule of flags- particularly in regards to their use in marking territory- the Indoren Matriarch proceeded to claim that she now owned all of the Silver State's money. Granted, she had no means of enforcing this claim, but she claimed it nonetheless. "Indoren, Forever Prosperous!" She chimed out with her favorite motto.

2bb34ac1f5a884f7d7bc30c9481e5782.jpg

Ayred Drakon recalls the events of the day. "I didn't see any tea..." he remarks dryly as he and his comrades march away from the not-so-silver city.

Spoiler

Spoiler

A lone elfess padded across the war-torn city of Karina'siol, grey eyes casting a pitiful look around her home. Coming upon a large fire, the distinct smell of burning flesh would fill the Valwynn's senses. "If only it could've been different," lamented the woman, horror evident within her gaze. "how did this all go so wrong? how did.. how did we get here? For the destruction of my city - the murder of my people, my neighbors, my llirans, my family. How did we get here?" 

For a woman of studying, for the first time, the lari had nothing left to say. She, alone, wondering the ashen streets.

The Silver Lubba returns home from the sacking with a single chess piece: the white queen "this'll do nicely" he commented with a chuckle as the rest of his band members made sure to leave their mark upon the city.

Amaesil stands atop the upper ridge of Karinah'siol. His left wrist rests on the end of his hilt and his eyes watch the column of smoke rise up from the city square. "Justice."

The dark elven prince watched upon the banners that were set aflame, his golden eyes glowing slightly. Blood was splattered onto his armor and face, although his weapon was strangely clean.

"Et es not done..." the gaze drifted away from the flames "...ah'm not satisfied... the's jus' began fer ye lot" he mumbled before leaving with his kin.

An Orenian doctor read over the missive, tears spilled from her eyes. Another friend dead. 
"Sixty-One" Dr. Primrose Gendik exhaled,  "May you find peace." 

Cailin Ni'Leya hadn't attended the storming - instead she stayed at home with her snelf brother, Miryaris. She didn't have the heart to partake - not today. 

20 minutes ago, latte said:

A lone elfess padded across the war-torn city of Karina'siol, grey eyes casting a pitiful look around her home. Coming upon a large fire, the distinct smell of burning flesh would fill the Valwynn's senses. "If only it could've been different," lamented the woman, horror evident within her gaze. "how did this all go so wrong? how did.. how did we get here? For the destruction of my city - the murder of my people, my neighbors, my llirans, my family. How did we get here?" 

For a woman of studying, for the first time, the lari had nothing left to say. She, alone, wondering the ashen streets.

The blood of the kina Ni'leya still staining her blade, marking an oath atleast a century old broken, she too wandered the streets, chancing upon the mali'lari  "Greed, the Thill seek a new path, Lye offered to take it peacefully, but both of the Sohaers refused to either submit or defend Nae. The silver state has ne love for Nae, they will not raise their blades in defence of their citizens."

Floral Divider II

Concealed amongst the flower fields behind Karinah'siol, Elarhil Sullas sat anticipating, a cup of boiling tea he had steeped from mint leaves held firmly between his fingers. At the harrowing sound of a crash, he looked up, watching the rising smoke mimic the steam from his beverage.

Floral Divider I

Eagle's Claw Repeater Bolt Thrower - Warhammer - The Old World - Lexicanum

"LOOSE!" Elathion had commanded, watching the final boulder crash into the city that he would have once called home. It had been a long time since then, though, and much had changed... For worse, if you had asked Elathion. Once the artillery phase was over, Elathion rode into the city, aiding the Fennic forces in doing their duty!

Ruina claps excitedly, riding off with several stacks of stolen iron, gold, leather, and food! Not to mention all of the knowledge gained from busting into the restricted section of the library... Sticking out of her steed's bags were several torn banners, as well as an arm from one silly guard that thought it honourable to die for... Well, whatever they'd left untouched. "See you again in a few years!" she cries out as she leaves.

Ayliana Valwynn would like to point out that they were not greeted by nothing. They were greeted by the courage of three ‘thill staring their enemies down infront of the gates before their beloved city was torn to shreds.

Celiasul yawned and came out from her family's tower in the Silvery City, a steaming cup of coffee in her hands.  Expecting to smell the sea in the air, she was befuddled when soot and smoke met her nose.  Wandering up the streets, she was then met with the sight of plumes of smoke and remnants of the sacking in the southern section of the city.  Slowly, Celia slipped her flask out.  "It's a rum day," she mumbled as her coffee was given that special secret ingredient of hers.

A sigh left her as she sought her father Alrin in the clinic, surely there would be work to do this day.