To Insult

Gavin_

Pinned around Haelun’or, is the following missive

To Insult

12th The Deep Cold,

Year 68 - S.A

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

NQhm7uXaqaNs5utJfKDNe5gosNLWOuO32qNVNLvcHZy47lWjbEk48FdBt-xL1t4VzDgnEouNE1MonLbLtHp949V64F-fz-Mn9dgMOoWysAJJ9QNpy4iGDEgsur-VNguFSM039bxK

Lliran,

It is with great pain in my heart, that I pen these words to paper. I am the brother of the late Sohaer, Braxus Ni’leya, who fought to rebuild our blessed Bastion of Purity, and who died - blade in hand alongside several other brave Martyrs, defending her against those who sought and continue still, to seek her destruction. 

Today, I had the incredible displeasure of becoming acquainted with one Lynnette Ilyana Aldin-Ture. She proudly stated, when asked why she was donning armor if not part of elSillumiran, that she had been a follower of Ivarielle on her trail of warmongering, murder, and pillage. She held no remorse for those who perished in their merry wake, she held no remorse for the lives of many pure ‘thill, my own brother included, who sacrificed their lives in the defense of our city. In fact, she drew her blade, still stained in blood - which I can only presume was the blood of my brother, I did not stay to verify, lest the most heinous of crimes were to be committed.

Several days ago, in a missive entitled ‘A Silver Lining, issued by oem Ayliana Valwynn, on the 11th of The Grand Harvest, Year 68 - S.A, she in her own words declared that, “The Silver State of Haelun’or welcomed Ivarielle into our walls, we welcome her people, we welcome her ideals.”. We are now forced to live alongside Fennites and Ivarielle herself. Remember, dear lliran. This is the same Ivarielle that led waste to our walls, who led raids against us on many occasions, who murdered and killed those who refused to bow, who is the direct cause of the death of my dear Brother and many others. Miss Ayliana Valwynn, states that we welcome, this murderer and her murderous ilk into our home. 

Do we?

In a prior missive, entitled To Denounce A Constitution, dated 20th of Snow’s Maiden, Year 68 - S.A, elHeial’thilln stated that, “We urge you, citizens of Haelun’or - we will return to our roots and once more Haelun’or shall be called a Democratic Republic.”, yet to add further insult to injury, Miss Valwynn has given Ivarielle a seat on elHeial’thilln.

Democracy, dear lliran, did not last very long.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

A ‘trial, was held several days ago in the citadel, presided over by oem Okarir April Valwynn. Quite clearly, she had no idea how trial’s are to be undertaken within Haelun’or. They are an age old institution, with a specific manner of precedence. I was selected as one of the three judges, however I decided to abdicate this responsibility, when it came to my attention that the accused was not to be trialed, but rather sentenced - his guilt being predetermined. Such an open and public display of injustice seemed not to totally shock both Miss Ayliana Valwynn, and several other council members bar one, Okarir Seth Calith. This blatant disregard for our ancient and traditional judicial process led to the outcry of not only myself and Okarir Calith, but many others who had gathered to witness a trial. In response to this, elHeial’thilln, decided to disregard our traditional judicial process, and insert their own.

This is a council, which clearly does not respect the traditional values of Haelun’or.

It is thus, that I call upon elHeial’thilln, to give a public address to the denizens of Haelun’or, so that they may explain their actions and correct their wrongs. There is still time.

We deserve better

Maehr’sae Hiylun’ehya 

Signed,

Varus Ni’leya.

"Alwin needs a wife."  Orinmon states in a pondering voice as his gaze scans the missive

Looking upon the missive as he carries heavy blocks and equipment to repair a busted gym, the athlete doesnt stop as he ponders openly. "Oh to disregard the actions of our most pure fellows, and to be torn from ancient tradition is a step most painful." He grits his teeth as he climbs the steps to that Iron Temple.

The okarir'san stared at the missive blankly before noting plainly. "If we're considering the legacy of the deceased Sohaer, then I'd love to give a reminder how he denied this ones passion for 'democracy' for years, so--let him rabble, earnestly. I fail to see why the Ni'leya spawn suddenly love democracy." 

Laerdya comments after glancing through the missive, giving very little care to read it after it was stated the individual was the brother of Braxus.  "I remember when the Sohaer Braxus openly declared in a room full of twenty or so individuals that all the other nations were snakes, constantly denounced that they were not worth while with missives sent about how their laws did not matter. This led to getting himself and the last Sohaer butchered. Ironically enough they call for democracy when none of them would have stood for it in the past. No longer will the rest of the 'Aheral suffer the fools who believe they are fit to lead by some misguided sense of importance and competence. These individuals have nothing to offer but empty words, for they are incapable of real action to bring about great progress that we should expect our leaders to drive."

12 minutes ago, SteppeNomad said:

"Oh to disregard the actions of our most pure fellows, and to be torn from ancient tradition is a step most painful."

As April V. herself reads the missive, her head 360's in a whiplash she as she hears these words from nearby. "what do you know of tradition?"

Veluthri Elibar'acal, like some few other upstanding denizens of the city of silver, rarely took her breakfasts later than an hour after dawn. Her haelun had always said, "Oemerih ciw lye eth!" - first may we rise - though that may have been an excuse for her crippling insomnia. Nevertheless, Veluthri had always seen the value in such words - and it was a good thing, too, for that day the morning couriers delivered quite the missive. Swallowing a bite of porridge and washing it down with an herbal remedy that smelled of ginger, she commented offhandedly to the barkeep (who, not being fluent in Ancient Elven, seemed very confused indeed),

"Marn u'marenne, iylcihi elcihinte marohn. Ikru tuva, aver tuva. Adontereh maelu nae, o lye pario taelu?"

"Ah, that's simply rich, isn't it? I hope I must never hear another Ni'leya screech into paper."

A northbound figure, clad in snowy drift, murmured, tossing the missive aside as to let it get carried away by the wind.

Vallein Vuln'miruel scratches the side of his head as he reads over the document... "Wait who is this?" He stares at the name at the bottom.

Valazaer's eyes skimmed over the missive. He let out a small, amused chuckle as he looked over it. Having overheard a few of the other statements. Simply, he shakes his head. "'Tis true, the times Karinah'siol falls upon are grim. Where we are bid to endure the enemy that stands just next to us.." He traces along the letter, eyes bright and inquisitive. "People are too quick to hate, too quick to forget that it was actually Sohaer Braxus Ni'leya who originally brought back democracy in his Silver Constitution. 'Tis a wonder what occurs behind the scenes of this messy council."

The sound of the Silver City echoes the impermanence of all things; 
The color of flowers reveals the truth that to flourish is to fall. 
The proud do not endure, like a passing dream on a night in spring; 
The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.

4 hours ago, Willstertheking2 said:

Vallein Vuln'miruel scratches the side of his head as he reads over the document... "Wait who is this?" He stares at the name at the bottom.

"More like who asked!" Valyris laughed, slapping her knee.

ChildTea groaned. They will laugh at him, but he is right. Such blind arrogance from the council is.. we have forsaken democracy for short term peace. Ayliana will regret that choice.