BETTER CALL MICK

Mickaelhz

4 minutes ago, WhistleBlower__ said:

I truly find it interesting that so much is made in the argument of roleplay over OOC. Whenever I hear such arguments I think back to the wonderful moment when a member of the Admin team threatened other Admins to blackball their agenda if they didn't vote a certain way with regards  to Hauelnor. 

Imagine this:
"I won't vote on your admin Agenda if you vote against me on Haeulnor"

Lol

Edited by subatomic profitable
f

14 minutes ago, Mickaelhz said:

On an ending note, I believe administration brought up an important issue with the LOTCtm culture.. but banning community leaders without warning isn’t the right solution.

I am of the opinion that community leaders shouldn't be given special dispensations regarding wether they are banned or not. Community leaders are just players like everyone else and they should not be treated any different. You can't, for example, warn an NL after they broke a rule for something you would ban a normal player for. I don't know why NL's seem to be given so many chances and 'talking tos', its stupid and they should be treated like everyone else, a community would find a new leader if their current one gets banned for breaking a rule.

3 minutes ago, gusanoarentonio said:

mick's the best lawyer on lotc and he's proven it again

christiansen-mick ... ?

iee0AS1H9Le7u.gif

the only NL i've ever seen not lead by OOC was that Savoy Prince (i honestly forgot his name ngl) who deleted his Discord and then immediatley went inactive on lotc and therefore killed Savoy, and i guess Narthok barely used his  discord for Arichsdorf shit either, so.

39 minutes ago, Mickaelhz said:

banning community leaders without warning isn’t the right solution.

From my own personal experience with this, I cannot agree more especially with this particular statement that I see you mention a lot throughout the post. Nectorist and I weren't even spoken to at all when the two of us got banned, as well as most of our other leaders in Oren across the board. We just tried to log on and that's how we learned. No communication, nothing. If there was such a high care for "roleplay" over "ooc", I'm not sure why admins are so okay with seeing nations thrown into turmoil over ooc issues because the NL/s broke a rule (or in this case it feels really confusing if Twi even broke a rule(?)) instead of alleviating as much ooc chaos from the community as possible. I also agree that NLs shouldn't receive "special treatment" but they should be spoken to before a ban, or at least to prepare the rest of the community. It is less about the NL, and more about the community that they lead. Whether people like it or not, an NL being banned suddenly does throw a community into chaos and confusion - that's any leader anywhere. 

admins please communicate more with NLs in general

please let them know your thoughts or if it does come down to it - just help prepare a community for a ban

Edited by Eryane

Hey Mick what sort of cheese should I put on my burger

49 minutes ago, ReveredOwl said:

I am of the opinion that community leaders shouldn't be given special dispensations regarding wether they are banned or not. Community leaders are just players like everyone else and they should not be treated any different. You can't, for example, warn an NL after they broke a rule for something you would ban a normal player for. I don't know why NL's seem to be given so many chances and 'talking tos', its stupid and they should be treated like everyone else, a community would find a new leader if their current one gets banned for breaking a rule.

This is an entirely reasonable take, but if we apply it to the situation at hand we see that Twi and Ryan were mostly banned because they were community leaders. Leading a group that combined makes up near 15% of the server (in terms of activity) is a threatening thing when it comes to wars, and the admins know this. If a random player had made the same supposed threats of destroying nations, then the admins wouldn't have batted an eye because that player doesn't have the individual authority to make it happen. What happened here is that two people with authority made frustrated statements that administration found as a threat, and they acted upon it before even seeing if it would happen or not. 

The power to point a mass of people towards a target is a dangerous one, some people don't use it correctly. And frankly, the admins owe none of us anything. As a new player that joined Haelun'or at the start of November, and all the shit I had to deal with? I hope they stick to their guns. lol We'll see in a few days.

I already said a lot around this situation but If there was some attempt of communication towards Twi and monkee- all of these problems could have been avoided. Ban isn’t always the right solution.

I resolved my ooc concerns with twi in this way. Not only myself but also other friends of mine. What Twi says is often taken out of context, so ******* many times. It is actually quite funny.

1828R-9740.webpman-drinking-cough-syrup-picture-id49491

me when the minecraft ban is compared to the amber heard lawsuit, police brutality, the holocaust 

I would have no problem with bans for ooc plotting to wreck other ppl's communities, except that the dumb "war admin" fosters these exact players & their mentality and then bans them when they piss him off. at least when mogroka was abusing admin he had an ethos, I can't imagine working with this dude

Every one of these nation leaders is just as bad, because the admins have intentionally built a vicious, petty, zero-sum system with no incentives to do anything but rile up your minemen against other minemen forever. Nations barely receive events. There is no opportunity to build anything interesting, because if you do other players will plot against you OOCly and staff will help them take your creation away from you.

I think what bothers me the most about this drama is that the ban doesn't help anyone. Twindo was never spoken to about how their behavior was uniquely unacceptable, the haelunorians don't receive any form of apology or closure for the supposed wrongs they suffered. I am one guy with a full time job but it's apparent to me how I would moderate this, at no point did it occur to any of the staff involved to talk to anyone involved