9.0 Combat Rules Update

Spoopy_Duck

Prolly a hot take but building off what Unwillingly said

What even is the point of combat locking. It just seems to create far more problems than it solves, and we're left with these nonsensical timeskips and groups being unable to respond to threats happening within render distance. 

That this rule prevents metarallying and stalling is false. It's easy to punish metarallying since it's about as subtle as raining pianos and will often have a paper trail for mods to follow up on. When it comes to stalling, you're ignoring the very real inverse -- I can just stall MY emotes to trigger combat lock instead of the other person stalling for aid. This rule solves absolutely nothing and like with what Unwillingly said creates a new array of problems.

Definitely in need of serious revision, I do not think this rule works at all.

6 hours ago, Sarven said:

Me when roll crp is still pure rng

Yeah is there a world where we get advantages? A lot of the random outcomes from dice rolling don't make any sense at all

9 hours ago, Spoopy_Duck said:

The capture timer begins only when the captive arrives at the holding location, not as soon as they are apprehended.

Potential to be rules lawyered into "Well I walked them around for 2 hours, gave them sufficient roleplay but havent put them in a holding cell yet so their timer hasn't started.

Kind of a nitpick but we all know someone, somewhere on the server will do it eventually.

Can mods stop editing everyone’s replies to force the Mature Roleplaying term?

Yeah if you're going to literally force everyone to use a new term can you make a better choice than an existing ERP abbreviation

road to 500 btw

10 minutes ago, Xarkly said:

Yeah if you're going to literally force everyone to use a new term can you make a better choice than an existing ERP abbreviation

road to 500 btw

uWu there’s eight of us here i-i guess we have to MRP now 😣

5 minutes ago, warlord of filth said:

uWu there’s eight of us here i-i guess we have to MRP now 1f623.png

*Notices ur iron sword

35 minutes ago, Xarkly said:

road to 500 btw

thas how they get to 500, they'll get MRPers joining soon!

11 hours ago, Burnsider said:

Because the idea was to simplify the rules, not pause combat so everyone can start counting blocks and arguing over just what block you started at/ended at/hit along the way... 

in this case it should get some clarification, no one knows what a fatal drop would be … it’s not obtrusive to count how far you fell to determine damage

Oh hey a new update. let's see what it says. 

PvP is now called MRP

okay time to close my laptop and bleach my eyes. 

12 hours ago, Islamadon said:

My only concern pertains to halting. There would be no way to prove whether someone performed a halt emote in front of or behind someone if they're walking by. I'd rather Halt emotes require some additional conditions rather than riding up on someone from behind, copy-pasting an emote, and then locking them into banditry as opposed to locking down a road.

If I recall correctly, there is currently a mod plugin that allows you to see how far away players If they heard the emote and where those players were. It's used sparingly, but it's entirely possible for a mod to figure out and decide. Unless they removed that plugin since I left the team. 🤷‍♀️

3 hours ago, Islamadon said:

in this case it should get some clarification, no one knows what a fatal drop would be … it’s not obtrusive to count how far you fell to determine damage

Obviously we are using MRP mechanics to evaluate it, how many hearts gets touched when you make the drop = the damage.

Nitpicking questions to deter Rules Lawyering

1) Any mention of CRP-logging Rules/punishments? Especially if the one who does so is at risk of natural PK (Tawkins users, for example)

2) What 'volumes' are required for the bell emotes? Or can someone whisper emote 3 times?

3) To clarify, does this remove the so called 'roll crp' as a system in full, leaving the dicefor actions with random chance? Does this include the accuracy of ranged weapons or are people still having a 50/50 chance to whiff 3-4 combat rounds of emotes because server dice said so?

3 hours ago, Mannamannaa said:

Nitpicking questions to deter Rules Lawyering

1) Any mention of CRP-logging Rules/punishments? Especially if the one who does so is at risk of natural PK (Tawkins users, for example)

2) What 'volumes' are required for the bell emotes? Or can someone whisper emote 3 times?

3) To clarify, does this remove the so called 'roll crp' as a system in full, leaving the dicefor actions with random chance? Does this include the accuracy of ranged weapons or are people still having a 50/50 chance to whiff 3-4 combat rounds of emotes because server dice said so?

1. Falls under RP rules moderate.

9f5e9f84049dfd1f3af69e193e92b4c5.png

2. Three emotes uninterrupted, bell emotes are actions and you can't really whisper range ring a bell they are big and loud.

3. Rolls as a full on system have been removed. Under the alternative section we say that players can do whatever they can both agree on to resolve CRP which is where rolls most likely falls under now. Ranged attacks are also honor same as melee in default systems.