Missing at Sea, 146 S.A

Evonpire

Missing at Sea, 146 S.A

JSlBjXMtw0ByYnX13nX6nIrPpoh1Jop3ue8bFT7uTEdaQYLiXiWXic5DA6FFK-SUpVgL4D7lBXf5qVx7OOIO0qMyLzW5K3EY9kTeoExwlLM-qwRM2vTo9cZn01R9lYU4VCjXZ8zNwIlh1djbOhw4KfU

Issued on, the 20th of the Sun’s Smile, by the House of d’Arkent

To the general populace of Balian;

The House of d’Arkent is saddened to report the missing nature of its current heir, Don John Lothar d’Arkent, a previous Concio, Court Jeweler, and Wine Magnate. The Don was last seen boarding a ship leaving the Balianite harbours, a ship manned to explore and potentially breach the storm which encircles the continent. The Ship’s fate is unknown and no corpse has been identified with the D’Arkent’s characteristics on the beaches. He is to be presumed dead until otherwise found. Please bring any sightings of the Don to the Household immediately, and please bring your prayers to his beloved Wife, Dona Caterina d’Arkent and their Children.

Spoiler

Hi! So, I thought I’d just keep it short and sweet. This is just a little post to give his story some conclusion. Still, John was a delightful character to play, and I am very grateful to Erik and Annieann for giving me the opportunity to play, along with everyone else who made his story fun, shout outs to Critter and Esoterica. The Character has been otherwise permanently shelved.

Augustina Therosia held onto Johns hat that he always wore, "my John.. my baby." In a fit of rage, the elder Princess flung his hat against the wall. “I will find him. I will find my baby.”

The eldest child and successor by the nature of law and humanity scans the contents of the declaration. The now grown boy surrounds his mind with sorrow emotions and memories of his father. Hoping that John makes his return one day, anticipating that day from now on. Uncertainty clouded his future as John Auguste was now devoid of the figure that saw to his protection and prosperity.

Gabriel Peter d'Arkent would read over the missive sent out by his house and offer up a light sigh. His eyes going to a close in rememberence of his brother. A moment of silence filling the bedroom within which he sat. Resting behind his desk with the letter neatly opened. "John, you were a brother I didn't know well, to that I will admit. . . There was so much we didn't get to do together. Even still, I-"  Alas, Gabe stopped himself. His words falling short of what he could say. He glanced around the room. Empty and quiet once more. The distant splashing of the waves against the ports of the city would echo in through a nearby balcony. Just beyond a wall that protected the jewel of the South. Gabriel would rise from his seat then, and allow for his saddened state to drift from the house, Out to those walls, looking out to the waves from their top. "You're out there, you'll come back soon." He'd mutter, knowing he was simply lying to himself.

Behind the dark, translucent veil which shrouded her gaunt visage- the widow of John Lothar d'Arkent, Caterina, could not help but resist an awfully cheery demeanor. Her scarlet-stained lips twisted into a wicked grin, which she concealed within the palm of her bony hands whilst feigning dramatic sobs.

Peter Theodoric, dubbed "Teddy" by his family, remained blissfully ignorant of what had occurred due to his youthfulness. 

"Why is Pater sad?" He inquired to his mother shortly after the news broke, having never met his Uncle John.

A heavy breath lost the former Knight, as Gwendel would read the missive about his "nephew" a moment of prayer was held within their home in respects to John's memory and in thoughts of his family who had been left behind. 

The grief at the desk of the Grand Lord is a familiar burden. Letters lay written and unwritten upon his desk, creased and uncreased, until at last he presses, in quivering hand, the pen to the page one last time - 

Al,

Find him.