side note on crp

DeusVult

Haelunor v naevehlen and norland

couple pvp raids, little to no mod oversight, involvement, or toxicity.

the first crp encounter (6 total people) we get some gems

"Your character has no formal dive training"

2 mods involved, ruled in Norland favor, both norland mods.

makes ya think

Most mods on this server are faulty and aren’t and will never be truly impartial, save for a few good ones. 

Just now, Boom_steel said:

All mods on this server are faulty and aren’t and will never be truly impartial, save for a few good ones. 

You sound like a politician no offense

Welcome to combat on lotc, it's always a shit show. A post like this comes up, we all argue in the comments, nothing gets fixed, repeat next year.

Norland mods?

Now both sides come here to fight, post ends up getting locked. Repeat in a week. It's just mineman, this is how it always goes. 

Not worth the stress bro just enjoy and have a drink

Vote me for mod. I will make sure to make combat even more biased (I will force everyone to give me their items under the threat of a ban).

i was the dude who got d20'd for it, i dont really mind it but making it seem like "suicide" (pk) for trying to jump into a river from 30 meters (which is survivable according to every site i've seen) and then saying things like  "Well back in the day you wouldve been pked" aint cool

PCSwift, let it go.

1 hour ago, creamynoteblock said:

Ur mad on the forums mad abt something thats actually hilarious

NORLABND SPAOLEYR OMG ANORLOAND NORLAND PAER

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/forum/970-moderation-feedback/

If this is a serious feedback post OP should ask to move it to this sub-forum or reach out to itdontmatta directly.

1 hour ago, Zolla_ said:

i was the dude who got d20'd for it, i dont really mind it but making it seem like "suicide" (pk) for trying to jump into a river from 30 meters (which is survivable according to every site i've seen) and then saying things like  "Well back in the day you wouldve been pked" aint cool

This is the standard that was set in CRP rules awhile back. Rules were simplified since then and if rulings are being consistent to those guidelines still in the old rule set then it makes sense why your character died from a 30 block (meter) fall. The whole pking stuff aint cool at all. Accidental or forced suicide doesn't and shouldn't count.

There is a genuine case to be made for not allowing mods tied to either side to moderate a conflict situation. You can't expect these people to truly be unbiased, no matter their intentions.

Additionally, the post @Fireheart's screenshots refer to may be official rules but they're not in the rules tab, making them virtually impossible for people who don't know where to find the exact post to reference. Moderation should update the rules to include these.

Just 'makes ya think' instead of making a point isn't a good way to convey what you would like to see changed, though.

32 minutes ago, FlemishSupremacy said:

There is a genuine case to be made for not allowing mods tied to either side to moderate a conflict situation. You can't expect these people to truly be unbiased, no matter their intentions.

Additionally, the post @Fireheart's screenshots refer to may be official rules but they're not in the rules tab, making them virtually impossible for people who don't know where to find the exact post to reference. Moderation should update the rules to include these.

Just 'makes ya think' instead of making a point isn't a good way to convey what you would like to see changed, though.

+11