Bring back defender default, seriously

bickando

Defender Default vs CRP  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Bring back defender default?

• Yes, I enjoy fair fights and challenges when initiating conflict and adverse rp on other players
    • No, I'm a cringe ST rper with 5 hrs to spare that needs (dark souls-adjacent life essence name here) from pink tags

40 minutes ago, subatomic said:

no one is giving u rep

zrdSfqGthJIzJC-QxdMGx9_yCWTp4Z8upQ6uQuj6_Iy6PEfTeZZA0-y-0AmxgooQFRvD3PXHZ0GJdrWwwzPnBr7SJVHJEa5MryqMP1Bm8_z24XNvoiLFA9EZong6GlFCekZscJtAypHsrJ5yXniflXc

Leave me alone.

one of my favorite defender default moments was pvping the faithful hound and realizing we were both noob and then we shoved the tube of life in Dario's neck to keep him alive and then he got banned v_____v

4 hours ago, ferdaboy said:

just clear ur schedule for the occasional 3 hour long crp

or log out 

**** that.

I got no place in this argument because I don't really care anymore because combat in general on here just falls down to who is the most annoying grinder (whether it's netherite gear or gate-kept carbarum ST items).

When anybody becomes an adult and they have a combination of things such as school and work and other life factors weighing in, it is completely reprehensible to tell them to open up their schedule more. (BTW most people on LoTC are adults, it just happens that many of them happen to be mal-adjusted ones).

The truth is that as an adult I have less time to play either way and that if it weren't for having a group that's willing to gear me, there'd be little place for me in the "competitive arena" segment of this server, CRP or Mechanical wise. Which is OK if people are fine with that environment, but personally that's why I invest my time RPing in private servers with friends who care about story/DnD game-play because you're not gonna find impartial rulings here.

Truth is that the current system is very hostile to people who have to come and go and have a normal (non-gamer) schedule. Many people are not willing to invest 10+ hours a week into the server when they have bills to pay, a degree to earn, or other hobbies (guitar/judo or something). Server should be designed so that it's friendly to RP, not so that people need to invest large amounts of time into progression.

In some areas (LC), this is respected. In other areas (Combat) it is not. Events are a good exception since when run well, an event is a good thing to set time aside for like DnD. But for random one-off encounters with people who don't know decency or etiquette? Why should anybody have to sit through that and then potentially have to spend hours negotiating or discussing intervention with Moderation?

Maybe there's no perfect fix; but the server needs to move in the direction of alleviating time constraints and enabling friendlier ways for players to interact peer-to-peer, rather than exacerbating pre-existing tensions between groups with rule-sets that are often biased or informal.

4 hours ago, RIGOR said:

snip

can literally always continue the next day youre free. nor is it typical that crp takes 3 hours...

Honestly the sheer amount of bad faith and bias in the descriptions for your poll makes me want to disagree with you on principle. Perhaps reaching out from a point of understanding instead of setting up false dichotomies would help you get results (as opposed to being ratio'd)?

The above advice might help you enjoy CRP more as well, to be fair.

P.S. Voting in your own poll doesn't look good. Not recommended.

4 hours ago, Mannamannaa said:

Honestly the sheer amount of bad faith and bias in the descriptions for your poll makes me want to disagree with you on principle. Perhaps reaching out from a point of understanding instead of setting up false dichotomies would help you get results (as opposed to being ratio'd)?

this is excrutiating to read

On 10/27/2023 at 6:17 PM, bickando said:

There's only one right answer

anyone that disagrees with me is cringe

anyone that disagrees with me is edgy

anyone that disagrees with me is an ST shill that works at mcdonalds

but technically yes this is up for debate

BTW whoever tattled on me to Josh-#### and then to The60th that my description was getting rid of your "very important" slice of life rp logs you're cringe and part of the problem, it's not like you're just going to do the exact same rp tomorrow and the day after for the next 4 years or anything

Also BTW there's more ST than all other staff teams combined and somehow they needed more just to vote on things

Do I get free bickando meme art if I vote yes?

6 hours ago, Borin said:

this is excrutiating to read

Understandable, Have A Nice Day.

(Borinposting is funny)

20 hours ago, RIGOR said:

I got no place in this argument because I don't really care anymore because combat in general on here just falls down to who is the most annoying grinder (whether it's netherite gear or gate-kept carbarum ST items).

REAL LMFAO

2 minutes ago, TeawithFrisket said:

REAL LMFAO

I hate how this is so true. What happened to characters fighting for the sake of good storytelling, that whole "give and take" part of RP?

Wait, actually the Undead and Rahmuts have been doing great with that recently. Wish we could see more good natured CRP on the server.

On 10/27/2023 at 9:21 PM, RIGOR said:

i was being sarcastic

***** yourself out to the nearest st for the coolest items and then you can win within a few emotes.

mamba mentality

16 hours ago, Mannamannaa said:

this is a self report

treat the game like a game and you will be happier in life trust me this is experience talking

there is a world outside of who has the edgiest minecraft weapon descriptnion

/souldbind 

there is no consequence if u win or lose it does not matter 10 minutes after the fact 

a crp will only draw out if people whip out the looc