Bring back the auction house

SimplySeo

Tired lonely and sad? Want things to buy but don't know where to look? Head to the Silver Merchant Sovereignty Shopping Mall! We have over thirty merchants setting up stalls all in one place for your convenience.

Are you a merchant or merchant guild owner? We have large spaces you can setup headquarters within, or Tax & RENT FREE stalls.

Location: North West of Haelun'or (1624, 4, 2864) --> Right near the soul stone for Haelun'or
016304f6c67e1831b0d7dfd285bbb970.jpg

Anything is better than no AH.

Regional AH

Global AH

all of it +1 from me

I think we should ask what the benefits of the Auction House were and seek to replace them without also replacing the negative.

There is merchant roleplay? I've seen a whole lot of it and my nation doesn't even use Minas internally. 

Just now, Hearth said:

There is merchant roleplay? I've seen a whole lot of it and my nation doesn't even use Minas internally. 

Ur wrong

1 hour ago, wowj said:

If not the auction house, someone should build the grand exchange
and hold events for people to sell stuff off in a neutral territory

Ngl, that'd be pretty great
the best of both worlds would be present
convenience for the customers and merchant RP/proper competition for the sellers

My current opinion about the removal of the auction house:

Pro: I think for the case of difficult to make things, like voidal enchantments, the more personal person to person trading is a great improvement on rp and most people I know seem to prefer this to just throwing up generic items on the auction house.

Con: My observation is that almost every city, which was once mostly dominated by rp item shops, is now just infested with several identical mechanical items stalls. I feel less drive to explore shops and their items now since even rp focused shops usually have some mechanical items.

It does also make some niche things, like adding to a book collection, significantly harder.

Local Auction houses only

Global Auction house bad and not rp

Community selling of goods is good and balanced between mechanical and roleplay

As a merchant "RPer" who had eclipsed Urguan's National Treasury, I can say with pure confidence that my wealth was earned not through roleplay but by letting my stall passively sell vouchers. I did not Roleplay in the slightest. Merchant RPers are fake. Let me buy wacky items late at night again.

all the merchant rp this map has been made by the weird tile resource system & certain communities being forced to buy leather and netherite and iron and what have u, not rlly so much the removal of AH

North, South, East and West auction houses.

Make people travel a bit, but still have the option for AH there.

thats what ive been saying >:((

38 minutes ago, Islamadon said:

As a merchant "RPer" who had eclipsed Urguan's National Treasury, I can say with pure confidence that my wealth was earned not through roleplay but by letting my stall passively sell vouchers. I did not Roleplay in the slightest. Merchant RPers are fake. Let me buy wacky items late at night again.

islamaDON cannot get dwarves out of his MIND man

Auction house should not be allowed to stock signed items whatsoever.

If you cannot find a character that wants to purchase your boomsteel hammer, your alchemy potion or your player-signed handcarved statuette that is entirely your character's problem to solve in roleplay.