[✗] [Amendment] Smoggers

Qizu

Remove
-Any smoggers larger than the size of a two-story building that's as wide as a standard building that is intended to move will require an approved MArt.
-Any Gear Stomach intended to rival five or more plough horses (an engine mechanically larger than 8 blocks) in energy output will require a MArt, along with the smogger it is meant to fuel.

Add
- Any smoggers that is larger than a 30x30x30 will require an approved MArt.
- Larger moving smoggers will require more/larger legs and require much more power ( a larger gear heart) and oil.
- Smoggers that are larger than a two story building that’s as wide as a standard building will require an ST Approved sign to function.

Spoiler

Realistically creating a MArt takes a great deal of time. If not 30x30x30, the size should at least be expanded beyond more than a small house. Roleplay could easily be screenshotted and put on a document for ST to approve the construct, and provide them with edits that need to be made for it to function properly. More roleplay and resources would be required for the larger constructs should this be approved. Having larger builds such as manors, taverns, walking goblins, insectoids, etc. provide no detriment to players on the server nor the server's roleplay. This creates an opportunity for more creativity, new roleplay environments and opportunities and so fourth. 

Inspired by the feedback on Lhindir's thread found here,

Are replies allowed on these? If so, what's a smogger exactly for those of us uneducated?

1 minute ago, Chorale__ said:

Are replies allowed on these? If so, what's a smogger exactly for those of us uneducated?

I want to live in a smogger run city and die of lung cancer at 20, my Orenian larp must be fed +1

what the lector?

21 minutes ago, Benleft said:

I think its a bit silly to allow me to make a smoggers town. 

Wasn't intending city or town sized things, but it'd be nice to have larger constructs that are able to move without marts. Walking taverns, a crafting guild base, moving mage towers etc. I think it would be a nice way to add some more usage and fun to the smoggers piece. It would allow groups to move between nations with more ease and spreading their roleplay across the map instead of being tied down in their cool builds for the entire map. I could also see larger smoggers being moved near event sites to engage with them!

1 hour ago, rukio said:

I want to live in a smogger run city and die of lung cancer at 20, my Orenian larp must be fed +1

PANZERSTAN WILL RISE. 

ALL CITIZENS MUST SERVE THE SACRED MACHINE. 

SLOTH IS HERESY, YOU WILL BE FED TO THE HOLY ENGINE

YOUR LINEAGE WILL BE COURT MARSHALED FOR DERELICTION OF DUTY. 

MENIALS ARE RESTRICTED TO THE BOWELS

ANYONE CAUGHT WITH NO UNIFORM WILL BE STRUNG BY THE ANKLES 

HEIL PANZERSTAN 

1 hour ago, creamynoteblock said:

50x50 is huge i think 20x20x20 is better

It depends really, on some things the legs take up a lot. I was intended the 50x50 range to include legs but the actual body part can be limited to like a 30x30. The current goblin construct in krugmar is 30x30, my beetle on the beach outside is 40x20ish, ugokoyama was probably around 50x50. Lot's of taverns are around the 20x20 - 30x30 mark. I'll go ahead and lower it to 30x30 for the amendment.  

2024-01-22_01_15_31.thumb.png.5acaa67dfc7a0e39ae37f229b504fa79.png

This lore has been denied. I will give my reasoning here.

Theoretically, management feels this would be fine in the most ideal of circumstance. However, we ultimately feel as if the server lacks the build infrastructure for this.

In permitting moving mega-structures to be implemented without much cost prior (I know it needs a build), ST signed mega-structures would only need to go through one phase of screening - that of the SREQ. As a result, anyone with limited LC can create a Super Smogger that the Team would then be obliged to move around with simple SReqs. This necessitates World Edit and, given how moving Klones and other ST structures has gone, there is no guarantee it wont be spammed.

The MArt Process allows the ST to verify as to whether a Mega-Smogger would be viable for the Server in terms of aesthetic, and also allows us to standardize "weaknesses" in the design so that players can properly interact with it beyond "I STOLE IT". The MArt Process also places a hard cooldown on the production of these Mega Smoggers because it requires effort to write it, and then if accepted, 3 months of no MArts.

TL;DR, by limiting Player-Approved Smoggers to be two stories, it provides the flexibility to have your cute smogger home and ensures that the build would be simple enough that PLAYERS can "move" it themselves. By slapping an ST sign onto any 30x30 or 50x50 build, the team would be obliged to move it around and it just gets messy.