The Church's crimes

"Down with te darkspawn!" shouts The Bucket Knight as he read the copy of the missive while sharpening his pitchfork within the confides of his barn.

25 minutes ago, _Cactus_ said:

Sandra wrote back in hasty response. Many words were angrily scribbled over and her writing looked as if it was written by a very.... very angry person.

"I never wanted your help. You cuffed me and held me at the point of your sword as you took me with you. I told you I was already seeking a cure from paladins, not you. If you ever write to me or my family again I will press charges."

Gerard sat down at his small desk, the dim candlelight flickering as he dipped his quill into the inkwell. His expression was one of solemn determination, and his hand moved swiftly across the parchment, crafting each word with care and precision.

The quill scratched against the parchment as Gerard wrote his response to Sandra's angry letter. His thoughts were focused, and his heart heavy with the weight of their recent encounter. Despite the tension between them, he remained committed to addressing her concerns with honesty and clarity.

"Dear Sandra,

I received your response, and while your anger is evident, I feel compelled to address some inaccuracies in your claims. Firstly, I apologize for any mischaracterization regarding the weapon in question. The choice of weapon is of little significance compared to the overall context of our encounter. Additionally, I did not point my mace at you, nor did we use any forceful means when taking you into custody. We had requested your cooperation, and when you willingly accepted our offer, we placed Aurum cuffs on you to ensure your safety and the safety of others.

Regarding your assertion that you sought a cure from paladins and not from us, it is essential to clarify that seeking assistance from paladins, who prioritize the aengul Xan above all else, is a deviation from the true path of Canonism. Our mission was always to help those in need within the bounds of Canon law. Your plea for our assistance was clear and unequivocal, and it was my duty to respond accordingly.

I must emphasize that I was not the sole witness to your request for our help. Brother Lug and other members of the Holy Order, as well as the wandering medic were present and can attest to the events that transpired. Our actions were guided by the principles of our faith and our commitment to upholding Canon law.

If you believe that pursuing charges is the appropriate course of action, that decision lies with you. We are prepared to abide by the legal process and schedule a trial in the Holy See, as the event occurred within its jurisdiction and will be subject to Canon law.

In faith,
Gerard"

Holy Ser Robert would read the missive, Letting out a sigh as he read the words. 
As he later caught up with Ser Gerard to question him about it, He saw the response he was drafting and the report, letting out yet another sigh.  

"To think someone cursed, Waited so long. Then to not ask the church but Paladins?" 
Robert would shake his head as he wrote the response
"I pray for them to make better decisions in the future, May GOD guide them in to the right path!"
Holy Ser Robert would go back to his holy duty, patrolling the roads of canondom protecting GOD's flock.

Leopold Ludolfson read the missive, and failed to see the issue "A woman was cured of her vampyrism and complains about this...?" He pondered whilst sipping his Salvian roast coffee.

Spoiler
55 minutes ago, _Cactus_ said:

There they crammed me into a room where I was squished between a small cot and a cold iron door for what felt like hours. During that time I repeated

to them the same truths I had before: I was pregnant and already seeking a cure. But for their own sick pleasure they chose to force an alchemical cure upon me. They drained me of my blood while I begged them to reconsider as this would harm my babies. They didn't stop,

IMG_5382.thumb.webp.a943e04db7d1231450c857a63c1fb744.webp

"And so, another Liability falls into existence" The Vampyr spoke from within the confines of his study, having recently finished a "refreshing" meal "Pathetic you truly were, dear spawn, kind as pitiable as your own deserve not even the right to be fed on. May we see each other again, come nightfall."

2 hours ago, Nymstra said:

[A formal response is pinned at the bottom]

To Whom It May Concern

The Department of the Justiciero has taken a copy of this missive as evidence in order to decipher what crimes will be brought forth against the Order of Saint Jude and its members, if any are to be discovered. Those involved will be brought in for questioning, at the discretion of the Justiciero.

wlMk1qg30F5MZu6zMf7N64nz93wRABqGop6-3RwsFsPJu-gg-NZhRovycpK5A595dvWdFvEcuy2iOFeWJT3UzS0sujUvMBQxvwQBU6aLYSl3d_4pKCbjwbKoZ-_UAHRbAlLESQQaFDW082e2MyZ4Fp0

Signed,

HIS EXCELLENCY, Demitrey Denodado

Viscount of Banderas, Baron of Sevilla, Justiciero de Hyspia, Oficial de Imigracion, Patriarch of House Denodado, Captain of the Opal Odyssey

To Whom It May Concern,

I hope this letter finds you in good health and spirits. I am writing in response to your recent inquiry regarding the actions of the Holy See in administering a cure to Sandra, a vampire who had left Hyspia.

First and foremost, I wish to clarify that the cure administered to Sandra was an act of mercy, in accordance with the teachings of our faith. It was not a crime but rather a demonstration of compassion towards a woman who had sought help beyond the borders of Hyspia.

The decision to provide this cure was not taken lightly and was made after careful consideration of the circumstances. Our primary concern was not only for Sandra but also for her son, who would have been left in a perilous situation if his mother had been summarily executed.

Obstructing the justice of the church is a breach of canon law, and we believe that our actions were consistent with the principles of our faith. We urge you to familiarize yourselves with these laws before making any accusations or judgments.

In conclusion, I would like to emphasize that the Holy See acted out of compassion and a commitment to the teachings of our faith. We believe that it is our duty to show mercy to those in need and to uphold the principles of justice and compassion.

I trust that this clarifies our position on the matter, and I hope that you will reconsider any actions or inquiries that may be aimed at our church. We remain committed to our mission of serving GOD and providing guidance and support to those in need.

Yours faithfully,

Holy Ser Gerard, Knight of Judication 

Eir Maor read the missive as they prepared to return home from a hunting excursion. Groaning at the words of the missive they shook their head "Either the story is being twisted or that 'order' is twisted in its actions.. I'm sure they could've handled it another way but I digress, it's humans after all" they folded the missive and chucked it upon the ground as they continued their journey home

"The paladins eat newborns, going to them wouldn't have helped!" Brother Ninnias states, beginning to sharpen his weaponry incase a spook came a-knocking

38 minutes ago, Rebellionlife said:

"Unbelievable, she states she was seeking a cure but didn't want our help? How long would she have waited; vampires are blood thirsty at any moment the woman would've fed on someone. Time was of the essence! Perhaps she should've come up with a potion that requires less bleeding." Alexander threw the missive away; you reap what you sow. 

Gerard nodded solemnly, his expression reflecting understanding. "I understand your concerns, my fellow brother," he began, his voice carrying empathy. "If it wasn't for the order," he continued, his eyes filled with a sense of duty, "Sandra could have fallen to the darkness and posed a threat to those closest to her." His words conveyed the weight of their decision.

He raised a hand, gesturing to emphasize his point. "It was a difficult decision," he admitted, his face showing the struggle they had faced, "but we aimed to show mercy and compassion, even in the face of her transgressions."

Leaning forward, Gerard's gaze turned thoughtful and compassionate. "As for her son, Miguel," he continued, his voice softening, "I believe it would be in his best interest to live with his father or be placed in a safe environment." His concern for the child was evident. "Sandra's actions have raised doubts about her suitability for motherhood," he said with a sigh, "but we must ensure that the child finds a loving and secure home."

"trust not the words of the wicked abd blasphemer, for they share not but scorn and foul vapours. A paladin will not drop from the sky..." An acolyte mentions, reading it briefly. 

58 minutes ago, Smol said:

'The close friend woman', shifts her visage over the missive then back to the report laying upon her desk within Balian's clinic. "Of course.." She sighed at this preparing herself mentally of what was to come.

The man would release a letter to be sent to this 'close friend woman' with the simple words attached,

"You will not be going to Hyspia alone. We will take most of the group for your personal safety.

- Ceannfort."

23 minutes ago, DancingZebra267 said:

Gerard nodded solemnly, his expression reflecting understanding. "I understand your concerns, my fellow brother," he began, his voice carrying empathy. "If it wasn't for the order," he continued, his eyes filled with a sense of duty, "Sandra could have fallen to the darkness and posed a threat to those closest to her." His words conveyed the weight of their decision.

He raised a hand, gesturing to emphasize his point. "It was a difficult decision," he admitted, his face showing the struggle they had faced, "but we aimed to show mercy and compassion, even in the face of her transgressions."

Leaning forward, Gerard's gaze turned thoughtful and compassionate. "As for her son, Miguel," he continued, his voice softening, "I believe it would be in his best interest to live with his father or be placed in a safe environment." His concern for the child was evident. "Sandra's actions have raised doubts about her suitability for motherhood," he said with a sigh, "but we must ensure that the child finds a loving and secure home."

"Oui.." Rainier spoke, His voice filled with confliction "Truly, It should have been her. And not them.. Why might the guilty live, When the innocent.." he pauses, his breathe catching as he signs the lorraine "GOD will be kind to them. I'm sure."

Gob Ztabba-Zniffa, a newly baptised goblin looks over the row of missives and letters being slammed onto the notice board as the two sides go back and forth. He sits back in his seat - pondering to himself. "Wub would Zaint Zertok Da Dub-Born do here.."

"... definetly nub blah-klomp like that ihn public." he nods.

Edited by MrMojoMordor

"Inna Lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un, for we come from Allah and to him we shall return. may there be ease for her loss." Debb would say passing by Hyspia as he herds the sheep back towards the tribe.

Spoiler

Fr fr, forum pvp and everyone constant replys is insane