The Irony of the Church

ECS1999

Az'rekash, Lich of the Void and stabber of the Pontiff, seethed with laughter.

"I am near to pity for Lurin, that the Church displays such a farce in the face of their true desolation to the West. They shall see soon."

Demitrey Denodado would nod as he read this over, before showing it to those in the Hyspia tavern "Ae was in Lurin shopping when all this happened. Edvard speaks the truth. may GODAN purge the evils that seem to infect Aevos"

"Oh, finally getting adressed... about time. Bringing a darkspawn into our citie with them and knowing they exact name, and then being anoyed when he gets stabed... Go figure." *Shook his head sighing his head gently* "Spreading infections and pestilance, what a amazing thing of them to do by all the unecessary testing... how great."

A draconic child's lips curved upwards as they read. Its cavern echoed in cruel laughter.

A small note is pinned to the bottom of the missive

They live amongst the Hohkmat, who they themselves say will bring about destruction

Yet they accuse us of not allowing the cleansing of darkness

They accuse us harbouring darkspawn

Yet one of their own group stated allegiance to the darkness

They say we are not doing our part

Yet the darkspawn JOHANES, stood at the pontiffs shoulder the entire time

The darkspawn who was called by name by the pontiffs own men

The darkspawn who was brought into the city by the pontiff

And yet, they say we are the ones working with the dark

Hypocrites

[!] Atemu is delivered a cache of missives from around the world by his couriers as part of his daily briefings. This particular missive is given to him directly, standalone, by one of his messengers.

"Pharaoh, this seems important." The Courier said, bowing before walking away.

Atemu takes the missive and displays it before himself, gazing upon it for a few moments.. After reading through its contents, he simply shakes his head and places the missive down.

"As I said - Isfet has infiltrated every institution in this world. The pontiff's unfortunate experience is the latest example of this truth.." Atemu said. He then orders his couriers to send a batch of invitation missives to the people of Aevos.

Spoiler

A retired Silver Lubba, Mika Anarion reads over the missive with a slight frown "His Holiness- or as I used to know them, Cardinal Arnaud. A trustworthy canonist, one of the few who bothered to look our way when the Eshtaelites were founded and saw reason and brotherhood. I hope his recovery is swift and to realize that the agents of darkness prosper when his own men are left unchecked." he then sighed "Hope nothing comes from this, I still have hopes of brotherhood with the canonist flock"

35 minutes ago, SaviourMeme said:

A small note is pinned to the bottom of the missive

They live amongst the Hohkmat, who they themselves say will bring about destruction

Yet they accuse us of not allowing the cleansing of darkness

They accuse us harbouring darkspawn

Yet one of their own group stated allegiance to the darkness

They say we are not doing our part

Yet the darkspawn JOHANES, stood at the pontiffs shoulder the entire time

The darkspawn who was called by name by the pontiffs own men

The darkspawn who was brought into the city by the pontiff

And yet, they say we are the ones working with the dark

Hypocrites

"Whatever business the Church and Lurin have, has nothing to do with Hohkmat....keep us out of your written writing."

The Figure read the missive, as they read each sentence, they nodded their head giving a distaste in their appearance upon the paper. They then stood up, gathering their weapon and began sharpening the blade.

Reynard would read the lies that the men, just a little bit ago, was too cowardly to state Infront of the Pontiff "Next time, I won't slap the King's consort for when she speaks heresy. Free speech law in Lurin my arse, there is no place in Canonism to refer to the Pontiff as 'his horniness' amongst other things. Happens again and the tree in the town square gets a fresh new ornament." He threw the missive away.

Edited by Urban

Holy Ser Robert looked at the missive, read it, and then proceeded to use it to wipe his ass.

"It made for good lavatory paper. GOD bless the paper has not been wasted!" 

"Sounds about right." The Sovereign of the Depths hummed, placing the missive on the coffee table "The humans surrounding themselves with undead. We can only hope that others believe Edvard's statement on the gruesome affair. Lurin doesn't harbor darkspawn if they can help it. The church really needs to get it's stuff sorted before they get snuffed out" she paused as she looked to her husband "Then again.. That might not be a bad thing?

"Very hypocritical, but it's not like we couldn'tsee this coming."Gusiam claimed, taking a moment as he read over the contents of the missive. Yet only shook his head in a manner of disappointment."The fact that they, the people who lead canonists, the ones who condemn Shamans, Druids, and paladins alike as heretical. Yet they themselves harbor darkspawn within their own ranks?  I do wonder, will they try to bury this under the rug or deny it when people already claim to witness it? I had already warned that such actions can happen.. But you are right dear, It might not be bad. To have traveled with an undead, get betrayed by such. Yet call Lurin the pagans?... The canonists trulydo not deserve Lurin's people. Is all what Gusiam replied to his wife. "Let us indeed hope for such. The land that was rumored to have darkspawn visited by the church that walks with the very things they accused....."