un-w's 8th birthday (ama)

Unwillingly

today I am turning 21 and late december marked my 8-year LOTC anniversary, which is crazy to think about. I joined the server when I was 13 and was an NL at 14-15. since then I've been bouncing between various groups and communities, but the naz community has been able to offer me some of the most enjoyable and engaging content I could ask for on the server. I wish I had the energy to devote time to my other nullivari character, because there are certainly interesting groups and communities out there I wish to one day be able to explore, but trying to balance lorewriting, building, community upkeep, on top of school and work is a lot for one person and I don't like biting off more than I can chew

I've met some amazing friends on here such as @Nectorist, @Witchring, @Almenodrim, @UnBaed, @Kaiser, and others, many of which who have contributed to my writing abilities and overall attitude towards the server. I could never put into words how thankful I am to have found some of these people and have the opportunity to create stories with them

that being said ama

Happy Birthday!

In your experience, what is the appeal of playing the bad guy and what about it do you find so engaging?

Secondly, what is your favorite moment or storybeat to happen to one of your characters?

What are some forms of media that inspire your writing, if there are any?  Can be books, movies, music, or an artist

What's been one of your favorite RP moments?

Which characters have been your favorite to interact with?

What's a good cooking recipe?

What is Castiel's biggest weakness that could lead to his death and potential PK? 

Optional question ig; what do you miss most about your first time RPing, and what changes are you glad have happened since then?

First and foremost! Happy birthday!! May you have an amazing day full of people you care about! Also stay hydrated

For some reason I have always thought you were older than me. I mean ALWAYS. I remember being 15 and thinking you were at least a year or two older that I was if not more so. I am shocked that I'm older than you.. even if it's only a few months.

With that out of the way! Question time!

Out of all your time on the server, what has been your favorite character to play? If you can't pick one. Top three please!
What is one of your favorite rp moments that you don't share often. I always enjoy hearing stories from the server (You might get this question a lot, so a spin on it could be from your least favorite character. If you even have one)
What is your opinion on tap dancing?
And lastly, what has been your favorite build that you have done for the server?

TO Unwillingly,

if you are 8 years old, you cannot play on this server! GET OUT!!

Actual question;

What's been your fav experience? How do you think things have degraded or improved since then? Is lore headed in a good direction?

What’s your favorite kind of penguin :)

why do we share a birthday please give mine back

Spoiler

(happy birthday)

top 3 favourite dinosaurs

how can dwarves be improved on this server

Favorite Color?
*Also happy birthday! Yippie!

5 hours ago, satinkira said:

how are you so good at writing boss. what is the secret sauce

writing is a muscle that needs to be trained like any other art form, if u don't use it u lose it. a lot of my writing style has been picked up by observing the people around me, how they describe things, the vocabulary they use, pacing, etc. I also think there's a perception on the server that the more flowery or wordy an emote is, the better it will be, which I think stems from a desire to impress others rather than just writing for your own enjoyment. highly recommend checking out the channel LocalScriptMan - he posts very good videos/video essays about writing that can be applied to LOTC

5 hours ago, SethWolf said:

Happy Birthday!

In your experience, what is the appeal of playing the bad guy and what about it do you find so engaging?

thanks!

I think I enjoy playing more evil-aligned characters because character study/analysis is a big contributor towards my own RP enjoyment, something I find that comes to me more readily when a character is more chaotic vs lawful. no shade at all to people who choose to play said lawful characters, it's different for everyone - but just my personal experience

5 hours ago, SethWolf said:

Secondly, what is your favorite moment or storybeat to happen to one of your characters?

5 hours ago, UnBaed said:

What's been one of your favorite RP moments?

4 hours ago, Bethinwonderland said:

What is one of your favorite rp moments that you don't share often. I always enjoy hearing stories from the server (You might get this question a lot, so a spin on it could be from your least favorite character. If you even have one)

recently I've been doing plenty of RP with @UnBaedsurrounding the concept of zar'akal ascension (naztherak endgame CA, total erasure of one's humanity & mortality). our two characters are close, but share polar-opposite ideologies, which creates very engaging push-and-pull interactions where one is always trying to fruitlessly "get through" to the other and convert them to their way of being

Which characters have been your favorite to interact with?

xarkly's corcitura Ryke is just a blast to interact with, no words needed. such a fun/funny character archetype I wish we could see more of from characters on the server. it's a type of comic relief that isn't shoddy meme RP but instead is lighthearted and feels like an actual part of the character's personality

this player no longer plays but there was a silit my character used to have passing interactions with who did a great job at making you feel like you were important to any given interaction. very good RPer, very fun but also intimidating character. much of my own writing style was inspired from them

What's a good cooking recipe?

vinegar-based coleslaw bedded on a warm soft tortilla with sliced butterfly shrimp drizzled with chipotle aioli and cilantro garnish and lemon slice. shrimp taco

5 hours ago, Witchring said:

What is Castiel's biggest weakness that could lead to his death and potential PK? 

Optional question ig; what do you miss most about your first time RPing, and what changes are you glad have happened since then?

literally just looking at ur mom

back when I first started playing, it was really easy not to really care about what happened to me in-RP. you don't have that connection with characters, you don't care about your pixels, none of the OOC drama or politics really mattered. and also I didn't use the forums back then

4 hours ago, Bethinwonderland said:

First and foremost! Happy birthday!! May you have an amazing day full of people you care about! Also stay hydrated

For some reason I have always thought you were older than me. I mean ALWAYS. I remember being 15 and thinking you were at least a year or two older that I was if not more so. I am shocked that I'm older than you.. even if it's only a few months.

With that out of the way! Question time!

Out of all your time on the server, what has been your favorite character to play? If you can't pick one. Top three please!
What is your opinion on tap dancing?
And lastly, what has been your favorite build that you have done for the server?

thank you :) for some reason people always think/thought I was older than I am

my favorite character is my current naz warlock castiel. he started off as a fennite snow elf, had a brief run as a corcitura, and eventually pacted with bobbox's character elren and took up naz. my other characters such as cyrene, eir'thall, galahad and gailien have been fun but nowhere near as engaging as castiel has been. I've been playing him for maybe 3 years strong and he remains one of my most enjoyed creations

tap dancing is cool! I used to have tap dancing shoes when I was young but never really used them

my favorite build is either hallowcliffe or a new, undisclosed lair I'm building. I'm very proud of the architecture and block palette for both.

here's some spoilers ;)

Spoiler

image.png?ex=65e4e472&is=65d26f72&hm=615image.png?ex=65e4e472&is=65d26f72&hm=1579b39f39d6e29e1b00e6fd09040c26752a168acd10fa4c10c978544e3e1d42&=image.png?ex=65e4e472&is=65d26f72&hm=0ec29a16e35b3db7eb59bd509cfb59fb355d6321d156bd1fd52b333ccd3e1ed6&=image.png?ex=65e4e472&is=65d26f72&hm=0284f873fa663f80da7481c79de7b02da8ddb29c755c7ed119358dbadc144701&=

4 hours ago, TreeSmoothie said:

Actual question;

What's been your fav experience? How do you think things have degraded or improved since then? Is lore headed in a good direction?

I have fond memories of the almaris-aevos map transition that essentially turned a portion of the world into a lawless factions wasteland. people hated it but I had a blast with some of my friends as we built factions bases and started pvping other groups all in VC. as for how things have improved/degraded, the server is on a constant uphill battle of trying to be better, but I think we've come a long way since even a few years ago. as for lore, I certainly do have my own biases that's made it harder to positively perceive the way lore is addressed, especially with how the most recent zar'akal rewrite went down. definitely inspires bitter feelings but it's not worth moping over

4 hours ago, Cheese said:

What’s your favorite kind of penguin :)

Screen-Shot-2022-04-06-at-11.36.24-AM.pn

what the **** are these things even

4 hours ago, Jaelon said:

flats or drums

flats. I always accidentally bite the joints of the drums and flats just have more meat

4 hours ago, Statherian said:

why do we share a birthday please give mine back

Reveal hidden contents

(happy birthday)

happy birthday!

4 hours ago, xMuted said:

top 3 favourite dinosaurs

how can dwarves be improved on this server

stegosaurus, parasaurolophus, and pterodactyl

3 hours ago, TheCapybara said:

Favorite Color?
*Also happy birthday! Yippie!

image.png?ex=65e638e2&is=65d3c3e2&hm=079

thanks!

Who is your favorite imp?

why was your alt username the way it was?