Our Father... [PK]

Sander

Az'rekash stood over the body of the Pontiff, idly considering.

The lich huffed in amusement, the body of the holy man abandoned in his city, a senseless revenge wrought.

A life lived in holiness had not protected him from the flames of the Void. But who was a walking corpse to criticize?

"The Canonist Church is assailed by servants of the Shadow, and the Canonist Princes choose to bring confusion and disunity with their trivial issues. The High Pontiff has been murdered, the Canonist League must act!" exclaimed Rhys var Ruthern.

The image would never leave Lady Laurene's mind, even though she arrived at the Pontiff's body first. "May God be with him." Laurene took hold of the blackened and damaged Book Virtue and Spirit and held it firmly.

"The dark one's shall pay," Emilio the Roach sharpened his blade, "The Creator demands-a such!"

Klara Ludovar would sign the Lorraine, "Shall His Holiness be blessed within the Seven Skies. GOD bless him."

Monk Matsuda Sakuraba heard of the incident from the Monastery of St. Juli'el. He received this news as he wrote a new morning prayer for his fellows, the Julians - he felt a pang of guilt and regret, hearing the circumstances. He dedicated it to the late Sixtus VI:

This morning my soul is greater than the world since it possesses You,

You whom heaven and earth do not contain.

Lord, take the blindness from my eyes, the hardness from my heart,

and draw me nearer to you than ever before. Amen.

Spoiler

Rest well man, it's been a rough ride.

The Viceroy of Hyspia, upon hearing the news of the Pontiff's sudden passing, signed the Lorraine with a sigh. "A man who meant well. A man who did his best to guide our faithful flock. Regardless of what could have and what would have, he did his best. He shall be remembered. May he rest in the seven skies." He lowered his head then, "But the dark shadows that ended his life shall not be given mercy." 

"Hm, unfortunate." The princess of Númenost took out her flask, "Perhaps it'll be better now."

“Literally the Saint’s Day after his visit where I asked myself if it would be humorous to assassinate him then and there…” A man frowned, talking to the skull on his desk. “I chose not to— only an intrusive thought. I even watched for would-be-ones! Do not incriminate me for this. Now, let me pray.”

Viktor Ludovar does the canonist cross in respect to the Pontiff.
"Let us pray that the next Pontiff is someone that stood strong for our scrolls like he did. But one that is stronger as well."

"Why, oh why must it hurt so much to be right. An inevitability given the idle nature of the see." remarked a youth of Burgundy blood and solemnly sighed. He signed the Lorraine and bid the man safe travels to the seven skies.

A prince of the Númenedain signs the Lorraine, before strumming a somber tune on his harp in mourning.

"May that be the revenge that Veletz has so desired. In the end, so will thee be dust." Ahnakriel spoke scornfully in his fiery chamber of flaming gold— the fallen forget the war, yet the Nephilim remember. Always.

Upon hearing of the news that His Holiness, Sixtus VI has been taken from us. Gerard would kneel before the altar, tears streaming from his face as he slowly began to blame himself for not being there when he needed me most. Gerard would trace the Lorraine muttering a few prayers for the now deceased High Pontiff.