FROM THE EMBERS [PK]

It happened so fast. Within moments of the shadows crawling across the peaceful flower field, a heavy blow to the head sent Deia sprawling. Only when the fighting ended, white petals torn and sprayed by blood, did her eyes open to scan the blurry landscape. She saw Leonid, shredded by claws, and Villorik, piercing the back of some demonic creature with vicious intent- but where, where...

She saw Amaya, peacefully laying in a pool of her own blood. Her world shattered to pieces.

Villorik was saying something ("Don't deny her death, she died in glory-") over Leonid's bellowing ("- slay you one day, I swear it!-")

She was saying something. (A constant chant, "No no no no no-")

Without thought, a gap of memory, she has Amaya in her arms. She presses her hands to the wound fruitlessly ("Perhaps we can- we can still save her-" "Stop, just stop-") and then, when it finally dawns on her, as she feels the warmth of a hand on her shoulder for the last time, she holds her Queen's body to her chest and wails.

The miraculous may follow, and a crowd along with it, but she holds her all the same. An army could not part them.

Edited by ivery

Deep within stone walls, further from the land she called home for decades than she had ever been, Josefina Barclay sighed.

She watched, and waited, and when she could stare no more at the unflinching, unmoving eyes of portraits, she slept. Breaths came in sighs more than sobs, for she knew that she would not have to wait long. Creeping ever closer, death lurked, and none too soon would she see her dearest Queen again. Out of all those she had known, princes and kings alike, none shone brighter than Amaya, and Josefina desperately hoped the White Flame had believed her when she’d told her so.

Irena Kortrevich bowed her head in prayer. There was nothing she could do for the woman who supported her in her youth but that. And if a few small tears slipped down her cheeks, none but her children, wards and otherwise, were the wiser.

[!] A buzzing of nostalgia passed the middle aged woman. Her eyes shone a misty shade, and her hair which ordinarily was perfectly placed, seemed to be rather disheveled. 

There were no words for the loss of the queen. There were only sorrows and mouring, for Amaya was the inspiration and the role model Ramona looked to.

The woman who's hair had become darker with age seemed to look over a well informed missive.

"Without Amaya where is the light we once saw so clearly?" The new Monarch whispered towards an empty room, her hand then placed in a fist over her heart, just as Amaya had tough her as a child. 

"Here" the Sovereign spoke. "She is here.."

Spoiler

ooc note:

I am still sobbing from last night's rp.
I'm genuinely so grateful to have played the brother of such an iconic character, every roleplay encounter I've had with you was always greater than the last. It's almost crazy to think we've been playing them for a year now. 

Your Queen era will reign superior, and I wish you the best!

:3 <3 - Tav

♫ Bug Like an Angel - Mitski ♫

In the barren, desolated area did a morose melody croon off the stone walls, carrying a weight of regret. The bard, once a beloved brother, now stood haunted by hellish actions — a weighty reminder of promises broken long ago, sworn by his mother. 

If only, if only, if only .. These wondering words come in tandem, overwhelming that woeful being. 

"The Koenas is dead!" A messenger called out in a panic, alerting the denizens of Vidaus to the fate that had befallen their Queen. They went on to elaborate with what sparse details they had learned in the capital, but such details all began to blur to the Duke of Vidaus, as he took his leave and returned to his silent mountain-watching from the peak of Morteskvan. His face had grown gaunt in these last years, and his hand fell down to nurse his gut. His old injuries from Westmark were enflamed, once again.

"So et es. Amaya es dead. And so close to Vidaus, as well. How closely will the rest of us follow? There are hardly any of us left, now, to call to the Skies." He spoke, quietly, to himself, or perhaps to God if he listened. He signed the Hussariyan with no more words said, returned to his vigil and accompanied only by the whistling winds of the mountain he called home.

The more sickly Seraph had been resting when it all happened. He had ambled out to the streets right as the Haeseni people were given the news, and felt that something was amiss. He followed the solemn whispers of both people and fauna, the winds seeming to carry grief. He then saw the corpse of his queen, cradled by his dearest weeping friend. The people gathered to say goodbye. His husband kneeled in trembling silence, as did his daughter. 

"Seraph - of course you're needed. You are not so easily replaced." 

A line said by her majesty, cementing the belonging that a farfolk like him had yet to experience any where else in his travels. He had been given opportunity, a way of life in Haense - and better yet found his soulmate and a little miracle. He found deep friendships, ones that he knew he could rely on when life got difficult. She gave him a chance, one of the only people who ever would. 

And now she's gone.

He was lost more than ever. He hadn't been this lost since his own parents passing. He couldn't bare to see his loved ones in pain. He broke, and after an argument with his paramour for the first time in a long time - he did the only thing he knew how to do. He ran, far past the gates of Haense and into the woods. He would be back to return to his duties, but for now the nomad went back to his roots as he tries to navigate his new life without a mentor. He will try. 

(OOC : Sarah I am genuinely so happy to have met you and a lot of other awesome people in Haense. I was new to LOTC and unsure but you made the time way less anxious :) Love you girlie good luck in school! WOMEN IN STEM WOOO!! <33)

Amaya stood there with tears running down her features, evidently shaken to the core. It was hardly an image I could handle. Seeing her in that state only brought further dread to that building knot within my stomach, threatening to push my luncheon of goat milk and pitepalt back up. She was too much like her mother, too much like her grandfather. Was she fit to be Queen? I did not doubt it. But, that feeling of uncertainty of whether or not she would be loved back as she will love lingered. Competency was something none of the Colborns lacked during my time, but the question of being admired by all is something that I know Ada lacked, someone whose nature was so similar to that of Amaya’s: stubborn, curious, heroic, and determined. It could be both her strength and weakness. “You must remember our motto, little raven.” It is all I could do. All I could remind her of as I reached forth to brush back an ebony-colored lock from her temple. She looked so much like Ada, with her strong cheekbones and sturdy nose. “Family through fire. No longer shall only the Colborn be your kin, but all of Haense and her people. You must protect them, care for them, and nurture them.” 

The air smelled pleasantly of honey and roses, consuming the atmosphere in its sickly sweetness. Plains of grassy fields with roses seemed endless, as a pond sat on the horizon in her paradise. Elia Eryka sat there with features soft in their youth, reverted as she lingered inside her personal oasis. From afar she saw the children who had already joined her, as well as her siblings and husband. They were always in eyesight, even in these moments of silent solace. In the winds carried her plethora of blueprints and jewelry designs which would never touch the mortal realm, drifting around her in idle futility. She was at peace as she dragged a piece of charcoal against parchment, copper curls hugging her features while a tender smile played at her lips. She was surrounded by her ensemble of eight goats, those who she ensured would join her in this afterlife.

They were alerted swiftly, those eight goats, to something she yet comprehend. As they rose to their feet in a choir of harmonious bleats Elia could only turn her head and stare, bewilderment crossing her features. They tore through the clustered bushes and vines of roses, those which were so alike to the ones in Venzia. They shrieked and cried, rushing towards that sweetened scent of roses and soot.

Amaya. A feeling of worry, grief, and joy instantly overwhelmed her - it was her, she was here. Without hesitation the woman arose, pushing through that greenery without care for the vines which entangled her hair and pulled at her skirts in resistance. She felt the tightness on her youthful flesh begin to fade, sagging with the years as that Colborn instantaneously aged. It was her daughter. With each heavy arc of her hand she palmed herself through, eyes wide with desperate for reunion once more, lips wavering in their timid trembles. Amaya was here, she was truly here. Did she live well? Did she drink goat milk? Where was she?

I knew that these roses could come to cause me regret. I couldn’t help but surround myself with their fragrance, something I lacked while residing in the citadel for so long. I was fortunate enough that Arthur allowed me to grow them on the cliffside outside of Thurant. But she is here, she is finally here. My little raven, my daughter, Amaya. I knew of her reign and how she recalled every bit of wisdom she ever received, morphing it into insight of her own. She doubted herself yet persisted, and achieved a greatness many would hope for, but little would accomplish. She did not remind me of those she idolized, those she hoped to be. She was not like her mother, nor her more reserved kin. I had always forgotten who she reminded me of in her nature, but with the decades long passed in my paradise I had finally realized. If only I had known in the mortal realm. She reminded me of him, of my far-far-fadir, Adrian. In their kind and comforting essence, it was a rarity they were both blessed with. She was a true Colborn.

________

Then in a moment of sheer conviction Elia Eryka tore away that last bit of vine, pushing forth from the shadows. For a moment she was shocked, seeing the years which lined Amaya’s features and frame, all decorated with that tiara she crafted for her adoptive daughter ages ago. She was home, she was finally home -- and as she was passed off from Carolus she knew that her daughter waited for her, that she loved her as much as she did in return. A soft sob stuck in her throat, and with a wavering exhale she spoke:

_________

“Dottir.”

Spoiler

i did many laterial raises in amaya's honor today..... chest and arms were in her honor. On a serious note, sarah. I'm so proud of you dawg, you already know that from pms. I wont go on a long ramble, you already know how I feel. Until the next rp journey

Svetlana sat within an empty Morteskvan, staring off at nothing. She thought about her last conversation with the Queen and the wisdom she had imparted upon the  child. Though this death seemed to be a set back for the young Ruthern- she would not let it be. It instead would serve as a reminder that she must provide love where the Queen no longer could. 

Perhaps that would be easier than anger, and Svetlana would surely try. 

Konrad felt a shiver run down his spine as he was briefed on what had happened after the fact. He bid the soldier farewell and lingered within the barracks, though his feet quickly carried him out to the courtyard. From there, he viewed the Hospital of St. Amayas. He remembered the Queen staying with him when he was sickly from the azhl blight. He felt a deep sorrow as the weight of the briefing finally set in. There, in the courtyard, the Lieutenant didn't care that tears were streaming down his face. 

Alongside this deep sorrow was a sense of relief. Seeing her in her last days, he knew. He couldn't describe it, but he knew. His gaze turning to the sky, he'd murmur.

"Rest well, Your Majesty. You've earned the respite.."

Unlike sorrow, time was a true curse to Rozsika. It never stops, but there is never enough of it. As the years dragged on, Rozsika became a grandmother, even a scholar. Her daughter, however, was not afforded the same time as she. There, in the kitchen of the family home, Rozsika felt the same about her queen. “Oh, Amaya,” she murmured to herself. A sprightly and diligent spirit the older woman was grateful to know and work with, long before the queen fell ill. “Y hope to see vy soon.”

Meanwhile . . . A little girl sat somewhere, not to far from the square as news of Queen Amaya’s death echoed through Valdev. “Ve Koenas es gone? Like Mamej ag Papej?” the little girl asked aloud, a frown forming on her face. “If she es, Ea will really take care of Ledi like Ea promised!” Clutched fiercely to the little girl’s chest was a lovingly made, toy lamb. A gift from the late queen, who no doubt would serve as inspiration for the sweet girl in the years to come.

Looking over the bedside of her wounded husband, Ioanna Kortrevich sat silently and brooded upon the memory of the Queen's lifeless form. This jubilant, kind-hearted woman brought low by a demon's blade. Atleast God himself had seemingly blessed her, with how those bright blossoms had seemingly sprouted from beneath her, watered by the blood she had shed in defense of her kingdom.

Few would ever know how she had come to meet the Scyfling Queen, the White Flame of Valdev. As a young heiress with so much hope in her heart and a naive notion about the world. The Red Lady, she had dubbed her, and delivered a precious diamond to her as some childish form of diplomacy. To little Johanna Casimira, it had meant the world. To Ioanna, it was a past life that now sought to twist those memories into further grief and pain. She had lost an affendi--her dear friend and mentor.

A look was given to her own Amaya, the fiery-haired toddler who sat and wondered why her mother had spent the last few evenings weeping. That feeling in the Basilica, the warmth she had felt pass through her body like a wave. That great flame that had burned within Queen Amaya...would now burn within her.

"We shall tend to the flames of our great lady, my ven," She'd nod to her daughter, a sad smile afforded to the girl who bore the Colborn's name. "We will uphold her legacy."

Spoiler

All my love, adoration, and respect to @sarahbarah. I remember you being so eager to be Queen, to serve your community and be a role model, and its so wonderful to see how far you've come and how much you've achieved. I am glad that I was able to catch the tail end of things, but even more glad and grateful that you welcomed me into Haense and became an even closer friend. MITRAS!

(Also, for those reading, please do not metagame details in this reply. This is solely meant for my own character and her development!)

"Looks like SOMEONE isn't coming to the siege of Hexicanum!" The Archlich, imbued with devilish powers, cackled upon its throne!

Spoiler

Ilaria had arrived at the clearing with Rhys' guidance, a pit of dread festered in the lavender elf's gut as they tread through the dewy foliage.  They killed her. . . echoed in her head, the grieving words of that distraught priest who guided her now.  The green of the wood unfurled into a crimson scene, framed by broken souls that mourned the loss of their Queen--who was now cradled in a bed of bloodstained flowers.

What chaos has been sowed this day?

"Sokar. . . take her gently into the Stream," Ilaria uttered in prayer beneath her breath as her hand grazed over her gleaming necklace of shells and beads.  One fragment of solace could be obtained amidst this tragedy, and such was knowing that the Queen's fate would be a blessed one; graced by the light of the Skies.  A rarity in her line of work.  That is, of course, if she even welcomed the embrace of the Ending and didn't join the messy fate of countless others she was born to witness in stagnation.

As more filtered into those woodlands to mourn the Queen, Ilaria found herself lingering off to the side of the clearing; blended into the cool shade of the tall pines and within the ferns.

She witnessed her there.  A regal woman, opposite of the clearing who lingered amongst the side of those mourning her passing.  Grief nearly twisted in Ilaria's heart, though her worries were immediately transformed into consolation as Amaya's attention turned up toward the Heavens.  It happened quicker than a blink.  For she was gone before that lavender elf could even realize it; her fate was beyond the realm of mortals now.  At peace in the Skies.

The Ludovar's gather within the feast hall of Isaakev, as they did they'd raise their mugs to the air for a toast.
"To the Queen! A Queen of the People! A Queen for us all to look up to! Long may she rest!"

An elf sits in a prison cell, blood staining his uniform. He is informed of the queen's death after it happens and whilst the news was upsetting, he cannot help but feel a soft spot of pride for his kin. It was wrong, but they had accomplished much. . .

"Another beautiful soul lost to the Inferi." He mutters, curling back into the little ball that provided some level of warmth and comfort.

Edited by Rushodan