FROM THE EMBERS [PK]

Sermi trudged through wooden floors and collapsed against the couch of anothers home. She certainly couldn’t return to her own, after what they had just done. Her thoughts shifted, the ache that came with shed blood. The bandages wrapped tightly around her arm, where Villorik had cut through chain and into flesh.

Into muscle – nearly into bone.

Why did he turn away at that moment? Why did he not try to finish what he started? That would bother her, for some time. Her head buzzed, with thoughts. Was it something akin to regret? No, she thought. Shame? Certainly not. But still yet, her heart ached.

Maybe it was the finality of it all. Watching the White Flame fall, bloodied. Watching Leonid under the breath of her own beast. The constant, roaring fel-flame. This fetid journey started with that, she couldn’t help recalling. Under the spruce trees, with nothing but screaming.

They didn’t care, then. Maybe they’ll care, now.

Scenes of the battle played in her mind. The Hunt, the careful stalk, the waiting approach. Watching them all, from a distance. There was no room for emotion, in work. No room for doubt, no – she wouldn’t be like Aaren. She wouldn’t falter.

“It’s just work, Sermi. All of it.”

The thought repeated in her mind. How true was it really? How much could she divorce herself for the situation. To kill, maim, and burn? That’s what the feeling was. Not shame. Not regret. Sympathy. She knew what it was like to be on the other end of that flame.

To feel horror. To try and stand up against and overwhelming tide and despite your best efforts, you too become washed away in it. As bloodied gauntlets were tossed against the wall, she shifted a quill out; and began to write.

“Villorik,” The first word took to parchment. The rest would soon follow. At least, in the end; there was some light in the darkness for her. Death took her, before they could rip her away from the Seven Skies. He was spared that fate, unknowing of what yet may still happen.

Maybe in some way, it was a shame. Maybe someday, he’d understand why she chose this path. This cycle of violence and torment. That burning white cloak was an eyesore in her mind. A reminder of what could have been. That in another life, she wasn’t a monster.

The scene of Amaya, standing against it all. Someone she had spent years at the side of. Who had gone through unfathomable betrayal. In the brief moments that her form had faltered, had she seen?

Did she know it was those she had taken in, and cared for, that now sought to kill her? In that moment where Sermi herself had unleashed that torrent of malflame at her, did she know? In that last bit of life left in her eyes, how did the ailing queen see her? Remember her? 

Did it matter? They were now not even betrayers – just faceless demons. Darkspawn. Not even known by name. 

The paper was crumpled up in her hands and tossed aside. A seething hiss, something deeper than anger. Envy. The quill came to be dipped in ink, and once more, she started to write…

Elsewhere in the cold, frozen north, an undead Northman mulled on the queen's death. His mind returned to a Holmgang many years prior. . .

"I have upheld my end of the bargain- No more! I've an urge to go a-viking."

Reza had been concerned with the crowds she had spotted, it was odd to see so many about for that time of day. That's when she heard news of what happened. The Koenas was dying. Reza felt her heart break at such. She remembered many times where the Koenas had become her idol. She adored her. She would follow the crowd in saddness, remembering when the Koenas had came to her home to give her a banner.. proclaiming that Reza was just like her in her youth. Oh how she wished she could have done something amazing to make the woman proud- but she'd never get that chance now. 

"
Rest well Vyr Majesty.. vy've earned et."

She whispered out, signing the Hussaryin before walking to the tavern to drink her sorrows away. 

Hidden away in the frigid north, a flaxen-blonde sat before the kiss of flames. Her eyes were sullen, cheeks sunken in as a missive sat between her digits. A tightness had formed in her chest, causing a lump to swell in the back of her throat. Rohana was plagued with guilt and immense wistfulness, overwhelmed by the emptiness in her heart. In her earlier years, she was blessed with Amaya's kindness, finding comfort and friendship when she needed it most. A gesture that never slipped from Rohana’s weak and fleeting memories. The sickly woman felt clouded with shame, overpowered by a heavy feeling of selfishness for not being there in her final moments. Crumbling the missive to her chest, she quivered, feeling a hefty pit in her stomach.

Oh Amaya,” A bony hand met her face, trying to mend the tears that would not cease.

I have so much regret. Forgive me."

Nikoletta Colborn stares at her cabinet full of carrion black, reaching for a bottle. She tilted her head back, chugging the whole bottle in one sitting.

"For Aedymamej Amaya. Ea hope she says hej to my mamej and papej, they could use some good company up there."

Alfred's eyes fell to the paper - as a notice of Amaya's death flooded in. The man wandered to the hearth in his chambers - tucked deep in the upper-city of Kretzen, within the Sutican branch.. He sighed, eyes flickering between the crackling fire and the page - and a single tear fell to his cheek. It inevitably fell simply upon the missive, and Alfred's gaze turned upwards, and the man hurled the missive into the fire. ".. Queen of the People." He muttered - as he slid on a ring..

3 hours ago, Tav said:
  Reveal hidden contents

ooc note:

I am still sobbing from last night's rp.
I'm genuinely so grateful to have played the brother of such an iconic character, every roleplay encounter I've had with you was always greater than the last. It's almost crazy to think we've been playing them for a year now. 

Your Queen era will reign superior, and I wish you the best!

:3 <3 - Tav

♫ Bug Like an Angel - Mitski ♫

In the barren, desolated area did a morose melody croon off the stone walls, carrying a weight of regret. The bard, once a beloved brother, now stood haunted by hellish actions — a weighty reminder of promises broken long ago, sworn by his mother. 

If only, if only, if only .. These wondering words come in tandem, overwhelming that woeful being. 

Meanwhile...

There had been only glee...

Talons slowly crawled over the mourning bard's shoulders, squeezing them gently as she leaned down to his ear, her gaze steadfast ahead.

"She wanted you dead, boy."

Was uttered from smiling lips.

No comfort, no remorse.

"Age would've taken her, if not you."

"Oh, poor King Alex!" cried a dowager who had experienced the grief of husbandly death. "I should go visit him, at once." Helena affirmed while putting on the best mourning dress she had

As the news of the Queen's death reached her on a distant shore, Fiona set a hand upon her mouth, covering up a gasped "Oh." It hadn't even seemed possible, at this point, that Her Majesty might truly leave the world. And, yet, it had happened. Tears slipping down her cheeks, she settled heavily into her desk, leaning over to coax her long-time friend from its enclosure; the large, fluffy arachnid crawled forth and rested between her fingers. Watching the creature, she combs over warm childhood memories and time well spent with the Queen, with Miss Koenas Amaya, whom she had always just seen as an older version of herself. A hint of regret, there, at not being able to return to Haense to see her one last time.

Tipping her head forward with a clandestine murmur, Fiona breaks the news to her spider. Then, eyes slipping shut, she whispers a prayer, wishing the Queen safe passage to her ancestors in the Skies.

Fredrich Ludovar stood still has he heard the news, bringing a fist to his chest, and gave a moment of silence to respect the fallen queen, he would not dare to call it last, since no matter if she is alive or dead, her legacy will forever stay, and shall forever be respected. 

"The sum of our kingdom has fallen... The days are going to become much colder in Haense again."

A letter would be sent to the Kingdom of Haense stamped with the crest of Urguan’s folk with a grey wax piece and a black wax piece with a ram's head that read: 

"Umroz of Haense, the death of your former Queen Amaya is not only a pain felt by you lot but also others from different lands, creed, faith and blood.

I Grelu Khron'edhekal never got to meet Amaya as a King but I did as friend and Grand Marshal of Urguan.

I must say her death pains me as I could not visit her due to my personal illness keeping me bedridden. A true friend of Kazamar Khron'edhekal is now dead.

I pray that even tho she never got to learn of the Brathmordakin that she could be saved by the true idols of this world. But as it stands I wish her soul good fortune.

I have not seen or heard of a better Queen besides Charsi Doomforge or Amaya sit any throne. I will not forget this death of a friend and I will not forgive it either.

Tha wnul othok E Thorok onast Nak."

Signed: Grelu Khron'edhekal, elected Grand King of Urguan, Clanfather of Kazamar Khron'edhekal, son of Greldyn Khron'edhekal, son of Jorik Braveaxe. 

In the quiet moments, Mikhail Colborn finds solace in the cherished memories of the peaceful and lovely gatherings hosted by his aunt, Amaya.

Yet, sorrow gives way to seething rage when Ser Leonid delivers the gut-wrenching news of Amaya's demise. The night becomes a vigil of unrest as Mikhail vows to bring justice upon the kinslayer who once called her sister.

Verónica had been sitting at the Hyspian style beach she normally lounged at with Piña colada she was sipping on when she felt that another from her time living had made their way "home". She hadn't known who was waiting, but she knew it was someone important to her otherwise she wouldn't have felt this pull to go meet them. Once Amaya was in sight her grasp around the glass she held loosened, though all it did was make the glass float in the air. A gasp left her as she made her way over towards the Queen that now joined everyone in the skies.

"Welcome home, Amiga"
There was a look of pure joy on her face as she placed her hand to her chest in a Hanseti greeting, after which she moved to embraced the
woman in the warm heavenly light that surrounded them. "There is so much to speak of!" her voice carried delight that was rarely present in the mortal realm. Once she pulled back, a spider had made himself known to Amaya by crawling onto her shoulder. Even though it was hard for an arachnid to display emotion, she'd be able to tell that he was thankful to see her again. "Tu fought well. Ea am so proud vy made it." she expressed

8 hours ago, sarahbarah said:

Poppiya

A sinced passed Poppiya had been grateful to Amaya in her youth. Though the woman had never had chance to express such - in truth- Amaya had been the one to give her a positive focus.

After the passing of her parents, during her wardship, even as she traversed the unfamiliar lands of courtship, Amaya had been there.

Ileana Kortrevich would greet the old Queen with open arms. Hugging her fondly as she thanked her for watching over her children so steadfast and making sure they grew up well without her.

A priest sat idly in the church with a solemn look on her visage. Mother Alexandra then bent down to pray for the soul of the Queen, her second cousin that she had a chance to meet before her death. There were no tears, for she hadn't known the woman long. But the things she had given in turn during their fleating moment was worth gold to the priest. For to get to know the heritage of what her grandmother had done in the world meant much to her. So she promised to always remember the Queen. And to go by the words she had told Amaya herself. 

"A single moment can mean a lifetime." she uttered in her prayer "Amen"