[9.0] Combat Rules Patch Notes

Spoopy_Duck

17 minutes ago, MeteorDragon said:

When are we going to make it so people can't initiate combat literally 1 block away from you?

It's a stable 

This does not fix the issue whatsoever. 15 minutes is a few rounds of emotes in a moderately sized party. Disable lock inside of towns.

1 hour ago, Spoopy_Duck said:

The first of two emotes to join will be your character making their presence known at the sight of conflict and is non-combative.

Just wanted to confirm, does this mean OOCly known or RPly I'd have to be seen/wave/some action to allow everyone in the RP to know my presence IRP?

Within the context of the rules, if I were to witness the start of a combat (Lets say 5 minutes after start) and this scenario was in the streets of a city, would I be unable to do my required two emotes to join from behind a nearby building to obscure my position visually irp.

What of a common bar brawl scenario, two characters start a fight in the tavern behind my character at the bar, can my two emotes be drinking and setting down my drink before my character turns to sock one of the fighters?

Would just like a bit more clarity as I can see this specific rule being moderated differently depending on how mods interpret it.

59 minutes ago, DrakeHaze. said:

Just wanted to confirm, does this mean OOCly known or RPly I'd have to be seen/wave/some action to allow everyone in the RP to know my presence IRP?

Within the context of the rules, if I were to witness the start of a combat (Lets say 5 minutes after start) and this scenario was in the streets of a city, would I be unable to do my required two emotes to join from behind a nearby building to obscure my position visually irp.

What of a common bar brawl scenario, two characters start a fight in the tavern behind my character at the bar, can my two emotes be drinking and setting down my drink before my character turns to sock one of the fighters?

Would just like a bit more clarity as I can see this specific rule being moderated differently depending on how mods interpret it.

Make your presence known on an ooc level atleast.

For the first one, the building one your emotes would need to be able to be at least heard but they do not need a visual line of sight on you.

For the bar fight, yes those 2 emotes can be anything you wish as long as it makes your character in that location irp.

38 minutes ago, Spoopy_Duck said:

Make your presence known irp.

Just to double confirm, this means stealthily ambushing a character in the midst of crp is not possible due to the first 2 emotes needing to ensure your characters presence is known to everyone involved?

1 minute ago, DrakeHaze. said:

Just to double confirm, this means stealthily ambushing a character in the midst of crp is not possible due to the first 2 emotes needing to ensure your characters presence is known to everyone involved?

Sorry misworded what I meant, oocly everyone has to know you are there but they don't have to know you irp. So to some degree you can't have a true sneak attack since people at some level will be aware you are there but you don't need to broadcast your location or anything.

1 hour ago, ULTRAMIDI said:

it's anti metagame:

"Oh, bob over there? Yeah, he's an azdrazi, how I know? Well, he just turned into one in a combat scene that happened a block away from me but I didn't get attacked because of the CRP lock!"

since when is it metagaming to just observe something happening in front of me? if I'm using my actual eyeballs to observe a fight and its participants, that's not metagaming, that's just other people interacting with you. this rule does nothing but enable infantilization in trying to fulfill a non-existent issue. I'd even argue that being able to observe a fight you can't interact with counter balances the combat timer. you can reap the benefits of CRP lock, but the consequence is that there are witnesses. that's just how the game is played

52 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

since when is it metagaming to just observe something happening in front of me? if I'm using my actual eyeballs to observe a fight and its participants, that's not metagaming, that's just other people interacting with you. this rule does nothing but enable infantilization in trying to fulfill a non-existent issue. I'd even argue that being able to observe a fight you can't interact with counter balances the combat timer. you can reap the benefits of CRP lock, but the consequence is that there are witnesses. that's just how the game is played

this, its really silly that not only can you not join, but ur forced to pretend like theres nothing going on lol

remove crp invisibility NOW.

*places a kiss upon your sweet brow

5 hours ago, BakedPotato said:

I dont understand why a halt emote cant be performed in shout when most people run to try and escape being emoted at, making it hard to perform in #rp

Bandit in #s "YOU THERE STOP!"He says in shout distance.

The adverage person with common sense. *Turns around and sprints till disengages. and they too far to do anything*

common sense Meme Generator - Imgflip

Jokes aside, its equally hard to proform attacks in #s  and realistically halting someone 3-5 chunks far from you

Think the 15 minutes + 15 minutes is still too restrictive and incentivises both stalling by attackers to try and slow down any bell rally and for defenders to rush and spam the bell emotes. Up it to 30 mins + 30 if the bell is rung. If I get the rally ping and my Minecraft isn't open, I might not make those 15 minutes even if my character is logged off in the barracks right next to a fight.

It's also a little unclear, what if I start ringing the bell at 14 minutes, but then due to emote rounds only finish ringing it by minute 24, do the defenders get an extra 15 minutes to rally or only 6?

I actually really like the CRP lock and invis system despite all of the complaints on this thread. I'd like to see changes to permit halt emotes to be done in #s though. You just need to clarify that if it's conducted in #s then the halter starts the encounter 20 blocks away. If they utilize #rp then they begin 10 blocks away.

hey spoopy,

what are the rules of me dating ur mom?

thanks!

unbaed

Can we see an addition of soulbind mechanics to the current combat rules? The accepted practice is that anything soulbound cannot be taken from inventories etc. (imagine thieving / banditry rp situations), but there is no actual mention of this rule in the rules themselves. I believe the only place that soulbind mechanics are mentioned at all are in MArt guidelines.

Would also like to know how this translates to RP - if something cannot be taken because it is soulbound, but it is currently being used in an RP situation, why are characters unable to remove it from their person?