PONTIFICAL DECREE ON INKING

"I...What? Just, what?" Harald Eiriksson Ruric said as he read the Canonist missive from his home in Norland. He didn't even have a snarky remark per usual, he was just straight up confused by this decision.

Meanwhile, a zealous Skanarri man by the name of Halfdan prepared to go get his skin inked purely to spite the Southerners. He then proceeded to go on a 5 hour rant about the Canonist church, which was likely very irritating to his fellow Skanarri. @DeadraSlayer@TheShinyHodzic @Pegleg_Bob @Zqppy

"There are no doubt cultures - various elven ones, I believe - where tattoos and markings are an essential part of their culture and traditions; the Pontiff would ignore this in the face of Darkspawn. We should not ignore and presume the rites of others to be inherently worthy of suspicion because a few Darkspawn adopt their methods." Yandel frowns heavily, monologuing at great length to the somewhat tired barmaid - who, no doubt, simply wanted him to leave.

Lavanya, a woman hailing from the nation of Cresonia read the decree. "Inking of any kind?" she sent a letter then to her childhood friend, Princess Kareena.

'Your highness, it appears we shall not be able to partake in our traditions of Henna inking for the foreseeable future. I had hoped to set up a small business to bring the artform to this land, though it appears persecution would befall my clientele. How unfortunate' @MissToni

"Ah shit." Eriantiel mumbled, "At least I wear long sleeve."

The scholar Marc Galbraith nodded in agreement to the Pontifical Decree "His Holiness has adopted a wise decision. Let us hope that in the current dark times that we live in the sanctity and the purity of our Canondom is maintained under the light of our Lord GOD Almighty." he said, before signing the Lorraine Cross

Ravenna disapproves, crumbling the decree and tossing it out the window.

"This shit's crazy," remarked a concerned Hedge Knight. "This Pontiff's no fun. I suppose bardmancers will have their work cut out for them."

(OOC: Reminds me of this lot.)

Spoiler

"A controversial decision, to be sure,"

John of Aaun mused, though, being a zealot, was ultimately supportive. 

"But a based one also. I see sense in it. Almighty GOD willing all others will also."

Lucille plucked the missive from a nearby table, reading over it in silence. "How bored do vy have to be?"

Gwenyth stared to the missive set on her desk, a hand held over her mouth as she stifled her laughter. “Oh mea god, this is the dumbest thing Ea’ve seen in ages. Doll, look at this!” She fully broke out into laughter as she passed the missive to her husband. As he read, she scanned her tattoo covered body. Tattoos she'd been collecting since the age of sixteen.

@Harald

Brother Ninnias wholeheartedly supports the Pontiff's decree, preparing to be apart of the INQUISITORIAL DEATH SQUAD  to find the TATTOO INDULGERS